Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • STW Strava group they are just about all bloody roadies!
  • DT78
    Free Member

When I upload from my garmin I get to select the bike I used, I think you have to set it up, I have road and mountain, so I can track the miles on each, it shows on the bottom right of my profile. Though I don’t define which mtb the ride was on. As it’s custom I doubt you could filter on it?

I am a fair weather commuter and only ride in if I have the chance to go out at lunch or after but I do record it as I have monthly and annual time/mileage targets this year. There are also a couple of contested segments on the ride in to work.

tomaso
    Free Member

We missed you Richard last night in Hawkshead mountain biking. How was your daytime road (yawn) ride? :mrgreen:

miketually
    Free Member

In theory not hard, in practice? What makes an mtb ride an mtb ride? Many mtb rides I do involve roads, it is how you link sections. Other times I have taken the road bike onto offroad sections.

Maybe the rides should be categorised by tyre width?

I get to select the bike I used

A ‘typical’ ride for me will involve a 30km road ride, followed by 20km off-road followed by a 30km road ride home. And I do the same ride on my 35c tyred cross bike, or my 2.4″ tyred MTB.

To make things more complex, I often break big rides up into smaller Strava recordings, after having a few problems with Strava crashing and losing the rides. So, this ride appears on Strava as five ‘rides’.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DT78
    Free Member

well, you could set up ‘cross’ and ‘mtb’ in your profile and track each? Often my mtb rides have sections of road in when I am getting to and from places….and (very) occasionally in summer I will take my roadie down smooth looking bridleways. I log based on the bike I’m on rather than the surface I am riding. Depends what you want to track for your own goals really?

I used to break up my rides but don’t bother now as I don’t want to clutter my or my friends feeds. So morning commute, lunch time ride and evening commute will all be on the same ride, will be something like 90mins riding with an elapsed time of 10hours. Can do that on the garmin, not sure if you use the mobile app.

miketually
    Free Member

I record which bike was used, because I don’t really differentiate between road or off-road. I was commenting on the practicality of tagging a ride as on/off-road suggested above.

postierich
    Free Member

Tom! Since when was Garburn Pass a road ;-)Would have been there if I could have got a lift back!

scruff
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    And no one has a cake stop on a commute.

😳

mooman
    Free Member

Good few entered on it.

tomaso
    Free Member

Today was a nice day for a ride up Longsledale Kentmere and Garburn. But I was referring to your road ride yesterday :mrgreen:

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘STW Strava group they are just about all bloody roadies!’ is closed to new replies.