Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • STW Strava group they are just about all bloody roadies!
  • postierich
    Free Member

http://www.strava.com/clubs/singletrackworld-com-forumites
    Give away is the average speed 😛 😯
    Whoops that was my ride (offroad) and yes cake stop!

wwaswas

that and the hour not moving on a 5.5 hour ride.

Cake stop.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Guilty as charged. 😳

Did come 4th last week with 244.5 miles. Must try harder.

postierich
    Free Member

😀 must admit to throwing the odd road ride into the mix!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Ashamed to say it but apart from the big bike bash last august which is not exactly the peaks I haven’t ridden a MTB in anger since last January. 🙁

postierich
    Free Member

sorry to hear that Neil!

emac65
    Free Member

postierich

must admit to riding mainly road to get my miles up!

FTFY 8)

DT78
    Free Member

Guilty mountain bike is getting one ride a month at the moment. It is filthy out there. If it helps most of my riding has been in my kitchen for the last 3 months. I can’t wait for some dry trails.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Cant say I check it very often, but I’m still doing my bit for the MTB minority.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Just joined now, it looks like all the ultra fast olympians off here havent joined though

mrmo
    Free Member

I was only third last week, only 257miles, and i did 2 mtb rides as well as a few road miles. 2 more mtb rides than in the previous 2 months!

what does impress me is how some people can do 300+ miles

jonba
    Free Member

I find the commuters more annoying. Some people log every time they even look at a bike. Don’t see the point of logging every commute on Strava.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Just looked on the stw club page, I had the longest ride last week. Whoo hoo 😆 As for being all roadies well I’m guilty as charged atm. The grounds so saturated that it’s so much easier just to jump on the road bike, knock out some miles, get back and give it a quick wipe down. Hoping to get out on the mtb this coming Sunday though 8)

I find the commuters more annoying. Some people log every time they even look at a bike. Don’t see the point of logging every commute on Strava.

Yep, I’m one of those. The thing is I commute by bike everyday, sometimes I go straight to/from work (2.5 miles), sometimes I add a bit on. Over the course of a year even the short commutes add up.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I commute 20+ miles a day on my road bike. What’s different about me logging that and someone logging 10 miles at a trail centre??

njee20
    Free Member

I commute 20+ miles a day on my road bike. What’s different about me logging that and someone logging 10 miles at a trail centre??

This. Plus I’m using the Garmin for HR/speed/cadence/power stuff anyway, so why would I go through and only upload the ‘proper’ rides.

Hadn’t realised how many people are in the group.

mrmo
    Free Member

+1, mine is 16-17miles each way.

sputnik
    Free Member

Commutes shouldn’t count because you are riding to work.
    Real rides are riding INSTEAD OF WORK.
    Big difference .

LoCo
    Free Member

Just joined, woeful mileage and climbing ATM. Is anybody else using an iPhone 4 finding strava crashes reapeatedly on a thing other than recoding a ride?

wwaswas

And no one has a cake stop on a commute.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Don’t care about commuting, it’s all riding.

About 50/50 mountain road at the minute – well nothing for 10 days due to the damm cold…

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t see the point of logging every commute on Strava.

ftfy

mrmo
    Free Member

Big difference .

No, rides are when you do something you like, work is the cake stop in the middle of a ride.

nwallace
    Free Member

Had a thought the other day that at least the group stats should be restrictable to only rides marked road/mtb for groups aimed at specific ride types.

Not that I’m going to suggest that to Strava when I could do a Zynga on them and… oh I can’t be arsed doing work like stuff in valuable riding time, I’ll suggest it to them.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Big difference .

What about when I ride home???

sputnik
    Free Member

Mrmo that is a good response .

sputnik
    Free Member

Monkeychild, is your route back home identical to your route to work but just in reverse?
    If so…

njee20
    Free Member

Big difference .

What if you extend your commute to make it a longer ride? Is that acceptable?

miketually
    Free Member

Nice to see I’m way down the list for mileage. Imaging how far down I’d be if I didn’t log my 5-mile-a-day commute… 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Andy W been following You 😀
    All my rides are fun miles luckily in the Lakes there is a lot of rock so an excuse that its a bit wet is a bit lame 🙂

scaredypants

my average speed is 28 mph

is disappoint 🙁

(or, rather, WTF kind of crap algorithm must they have to arrive at that ? I’d be surprised if my peak speed was much over that)

sputnik
    Free Member

Njee every mile counts, just having a tongue in the cheek dig at commuting 🙂

garage-dweller

I suspect that many of the road and commuting kom’s are done by Audis 😛

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

postierich – Member
    Andy W been following You

I have a stalker 😯 😆 😆

postierich
    Free Member

It was my rest week last week! Got a stinking cold so the boggies leader board is all yours this week 😀

Duggan

You’d think they’d do a function where you tick mtb ride or road ride and then you could filter between the two? Surely it would’t be that hard. My local mtb club Strava page is basically topped by roadies every week so it would be nice to see either/or.

I also wish they’d allow you to very quickly toggle between imperial and metric units at a glance- I know this sounds weird but I prefer to look at my running stats in metric and cycling in imperial for some reason.

wwaswas

I prefer to look at my running stats in metric and cycling in imperial for some reason.

If you use the Strava Android apps you can do that as they have a separate app for each.

mrmo
    Free Member

You’d think they’d do a function where you tick mtb ride or road ride and then you could filter between the two? Surely it would’t be that hard. My local mtb club Strava page is basically topped by roadies every week so it would be nice to see either/or.

In theory not hard, in practice? What makes an mtb ride an mtb ride? Many mtb rides I do involve roads, it is how you link sections. Other times I have taken the road bike onto offroad sections.

It would be nice to have some form of filtering, if only so I can quickly see how little use the mtb is actually getting!

timb34
    Free Member

If you import rides from gpx files or other devices there is actually a “Commuting” checkbox (or there used to be) – but it doesn’t seem to do anything!

My commute is a bit short: only 4.5km. So I apply a “Fun kms only” rule and only turn on Strava for commutes where I go the long way round, or real rides.

wwaswas

Maybe the rides should be categorised by tyre width?

25mm and under = proper road ride, anything else = on/off road pootle 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

Thank god for 25.5mm tyres 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘STW Strava group they are just about all bloody roadies!’ is closed to new replies.