• This topic has 224 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 225 total)
  • STW Singletons Social Networking Ride at Swinley Forest – Sunday 7th February
  • cinnamon_girl

OK folks. Aleigh and I obviously appreciate that this is a real gamble and it could of course fall flat on its face!

It is not intended to be a cattle market, it's an event for like-minded single people to ride together, do some social networking, make new friends and, most importantly, have a laugh

So … what would be really useful is an idea of who is coming, purely so as we can split into groups as necessary. My e-mail is in my profile so if you prefer to reply directly, that's fine. Equally, if you have any questions, or indeed any sensible suggestions, let me know.

I may appear as a gobby female on here but in real life I'm totally different, as are most of the people I've met on Forum rides! Don't be shy! This is a great community and long may it continue.

The meet time will be 10.00 am to start riding at 10.30 am. I will post up more details nearer the time but you will need to purchase a day permit to ride at Swinley, price £2, and this can be bought online.

Martin's Heron is the nearest station, a couple of miles away. Bracknell is just off junction 3 of the M3.

We will ride in the morning, meet back at the Cafe for lunch, and then more riding in the afternoon for those that want it.

I will keep you up-to-date with trail conditions and naturally will recommend what bike, what tyres etc etc. Swinley is singlespeed friendly too.

Cheers.

cinnamon_girl and aleigh

mboy
    Free Member

LOL

Hiya both… Would sign up right now but for the fact that (shock horror) I kind've might actually, possibly, against all odds, be sort of "seeing someone" at the moment!!!

On second thoughts though, 7th of Feb is 4 1/2 weeks away, I'm damned sure that I'll have done something that makes me single again by that time… So see you there! And this time probably with silly sized wheels on my bike too… 😉

cinnamon_girl

Hello m-boy! That's great news and, in the nicest possible way, hope we don't see you and your silly bike 😉 I remember the pics – it was different!

Good luck 😀

snaps
    Free Member

I'll express cautious interest 😐
    Any bike friendly B&Bs in the area as I might make a weekend out of it & try a Salisbury plain/Purbecks ride on the Saturday or Monday.

cinnamon_girl

snaps – I'll get back to you on that. If you want ideas for places to ride on the Saturday, I have a pretty good knowledge of trails within an hour's drive of Swinley. There's loads!

Kiril
    Free Member

I'll be there!(..hopefully)

radoggair
    Free Member

i want to be there, but cant for some reasons

A/ its way too far and
    B/ I'm not allowed ……….*checks to see if that is the right answer*………….yup, not allowed

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

CG – You are aware it might dump more snow Sat/Sun? I can't see people wanting to travel far as it is either.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_weather.html
    Click Sat & Sun just above the map to see what I mean……

Good luch though! 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I may appear as a gobby female on here but in real life I'm totally different

Yeah, CG is really a gobby bloke! 😀 😉

Sorry, couldn't help that. 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

you will need to purchase a day permit to ride at Swinley, price £2, and this can be bought online

What does this mean ?. I've never bought a permit to ride my bike before…Can someone explain, please.

Solo.

Solo
    Free Member

Ok, found the site now and read the blurb.

S.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Wahey, MarkyBoy, it would be great to see you and the Rig there, but, as CG said, hopefully you won't be needing these services…! 😉

PP – looking into me grubby, chipped and mysteriously 'stained' crystal ball (got it off the classifieds) I can see that come this time next month the snow will be a distant memory.

rOcKeTdOg

that's my birthday, i'll be leading the RD birthday forum ride 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for that Pete! It's a month away so anything could happen weatherwise 🙄

You might have offered some reassurance to those thinking about coming to this extravaganza!

So … to those who are unsure … sometimes it's necessary to remove yourself from your comfort zone cos nothing ventured nothing gained, as the saying goes.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Banana – Oops. Sorry. Misread the month. My apologies, I was just trying to be helpful. 🙂

cinnamon_girl

rocketdog – is it a 29er only ride then? You guys seem to want to start a splinter group, away from us little people 😉

rOcKeTdOg

non of us are single though and i can't help if my birthday is on the same day! clown wheels are not compulsory

MrNutt
    Free Member

don't forget to wear adequate protection folks, Swinley can be quite rooty & rough.

;D

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Think you might be missing the obvious here, the following Sunday is the 14th or St Valentines Day which would seem the ideal date for such shenanigans 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Agree with Pistonbroke, you really are missing a trick. Plus having it on that day will flush out all the fakers who are really in relationships as they will not be able to come 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the following Sunday is the 14th or St Valentines Day

too obvious by far :o)

sharki
    Free Member

Unfortunately that weekend should be free for me, so i might come and try a second blatt around CG's forest.

It'll just be good to get out and ride with mostly strangers for a day.

Of course all might change in several weeks so if i'm there i'm there.

Karinofnine

Hope to be there, weather and funds permitting

Colin-T

I'll put it in my diary…after all whats the worst that could happen?

bananaworld
    Free Member

(Deep breath – attempting to post a post that isn't irreverent…)

Some of the lucky people on the day will be having their way guided, in the mud if not in love, by me. Whilst I've ridden in Swinley a few times, getting from one 'good bit' to another still involves, for me, a bit of meandering and guess work so…

On a couple of Sundays and/or Wednesdays between now and the 7th of February I'm going to be heading there to see if I can uncover some more direct routes.

If anybody (male, female, single, attached, under-the-thumb) fancies joining me for a spot of getting lost it would make the whole process a lot more fun. Email me or post here 🙂

MKCHRIS
    Free Member

Hello all,

Is this open to occasional forum folk who are "solo"?
    I'd like to try and come along.
    Would have to look at trains from wales as bikes and motorbikes don't travel well together.

Maybe see you there?

I'll be more certain closer to the time.

Chris

nicko74

snaps – Member
    I'll express cautious interest
    Any bike friendly B&Bs in the area

B&B? You mean you don't think your chatup lines will be good enough?

Wahey! 🙂

aleigh
    Free Member

this bike ride will be a good laugh if nothing else 😆

cinnamon_girl

Who has put those ridiculous tags up there ^^ 😯

Name and shame please, we don't want people getting the wrong idea 😈

cinnamon_girl

bananaworld – you're doing very well there 😀 Shall we do some route planning together then? Wednesdays would be good, less folk around getting in our way and I won't get you lost either!

Everyone else – thanks for responses and looking forward to meeting you 🙂

cinnamon_girl

CG=supermodel 😯 Oh-My-God 🙄

cinnamon_girl

Just a thought – are there any rad dudes or dude-ettes who like to get air? We have a jump gulley and the natives love to watch the action 8)

It can be incorporated into the Grand Tour 🙂

Here's a little linky that you may find useful:

http://www.gorrick.com/swinley/index.php

Nearer the time I will post up all the information but just post up here if you need to know anything. E-mail in profile if you prefer.

This is getting very exciting 😆

neilnevill
    Free Member

If anyone wants a lift from South London, I'll be coming from Upper Norwood and will have space.

bananaworld
    Free Member

A lift from Upper Norwood you say, Neil? Well, well, that would be awfully handy. I'm in mighty, mighty Mitcham so perhaps we could arrange something…? (wahey, the matchmaking is underway!)

Although, having said that, I do understand if a lady should have a need of a lift: clearly getting her there would be the priority 😉

This is indeed getting very exciting!

Come on peeps, roll up, roll up, if you don't ask, yer don't get!

mboy
    Free Member

Come on peeps, roll up, roll up, if you don't ask, yer don't get!

PMSL

That was exactly what I told myself fairly shortly after I met the reason I'm not quite as single as I was this time last month… It worked! 😉

George, you need to get yourself up to Worcester ASAP mate… Malverns with a bit of snow on is bloody marvellous fun on a bike! Hehe. Besides, I have nothing to do being as I'm still very much underemployed, bring some hub geared and possibly clown wheeled wierdness up and we can go scare some sheep! 😛

In fairness might end up coming on this ride anyway, no matter what happens… Having had a brief chat with her tonight (based on everyone referring to her as my "girlfriend" even though I've only perhaps seen her 6 or 7 times inside the 3 weeks since I met her) I think she's equally as much of a commitment-phobe as me, which I think technically makes us both still single, but "seeing" someone exclusively if you get my drift… Will have to see how the money situation is with regarding getting down for this ride though, currently still unemployed, VERY close to my overdraft limit now and staring down the barrel of having to rapidly sell off stuff to be able to eat and pay my rent soon! 🙁

nicko74

I think she's equally as much of a commitment-phobe as me, which I think technically makes us both still single, but "seeing" someone exclusively if you get my drift…

Duuuuuuuuude… stop getting your pants in a bunch. So you like seeing her – stop complicating it and leave it at that! Leave the commitment discussions for another time.

But by the sounds of it you subconsciously want to go on the STW singles ride…

rOcKeTdOg

if he's still tempted she's clearly not the one

mboy
    Free Member

if he's still tempted she's clearly not the one

Who knows! I only met her 3 weeks ago…

But by the sounds of it you subconsciously want to go on the STW singles ride…

To go and see some old friends and ride some trails… Would anybody actually go on this ride to "pull"? It's supposed to be a meeting of likeminded single people given the chance to ride without a load of smug relationshiped up types am I not mistaken CG?

Actually, scratch that, I can think of one or two people that would go there to pull (not me I hasten to add!), but seeing as the demographic will invariably be 95% male, perhaps it should be renamed the "STW Big Gay Love In"… Maybe that would deter a few more men! 😉

snaps
    Free Member

perhaps it should be renamed the "STW Big Gay Love In"… Maybe that would deter a few more men!

Nah – the thought of some girl on girl action would have the opposite effect I'm sure 💡

Jamie
    Free Member

"STW Big Gay Love In"

I beleive the "Singletrack Singleton Sausagefest" is the approved term 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 225 total)

The topic ‘STW Singletons Social Networking Ride at Swinley Forest – Sunday 7th February’ is closed to new replies.