Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • STW Sickness role-call. Who's ill then? Lets all have a moan
  • binners

I’m not actually ill myself, but the girls have been up all night coughing like a pair of 80 year old bronchitics. Sleep has not figured highly on the agenda. Projectile vomitting has though. Hurray! I expect I’ll be joining their cough-a-thon as I’m keeping them off school today

Seems like there’s a lot of it about. What’s up with you lot then? Feel free to have a moan and list your various ailments.

How sorry for yourself are you feeling, on a scale of one to ten?

Drac

Touch of renal colic yesterday as a kidney stone decided to have a move, luckily I found my dihydrocodeine and diclofenic. Nice buzzing feeling and no more pain, feel grand today just in time for work tonight.

kaesae
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about you loved ones.

I have a whopper of a something, started with a tickly cough now I have a lot of symptoms, conjestion, runny nose, sore head, a cough that comes from ym chest, dizzyness, nausea, nerve ends on fire.

As for feeling sorry for myself, I drink Kombucha, which puts my seratonin levels through the roof. So everything is funny, depending on how you look at it.

Merry xmas you miserable, awful lot!

markrh
    Free Member

Seasonal chest infection, It’s a tradition for me its seems…
    mustn’t grumble 😉

joolsburger
    Free Member

My eldest has the same as your girls it seems. Temperature, coughing, vomiting. Been up half the night with him poor little fella. Only a matter of time until the youngest gets it. I’m all good other than a bit of a twangy shoulder muscule from pushing too much weight yesterday.

lowey

Both daughters just recovering from ear infections!

Its only a matter of time before muggins here cops for it.

Still, I’d take that rather than a moving kidney stone 😯

flamejob
    Free Member

I cracked a rib on Saturday riding DH and now have sore throat and cough. Not a great combo. 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve got a dose of man-flu. It’s medium intensity. I don’t take time off work though! 🙂

ton

i feel pretty good today…………considering 8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I thought I told all you sickly ones to stay at home. Please don’t come into my singletrackworld spreading your diseases around!!

Simon

I had a good ride yesterday morning.

Went home, fell UP the stairs on my way to have a shower, landed on my hand, resulting in lots of pain.

Went to A&E last night, after sitting through the kids school play. Turns out I’ve broken my hand, spiral fracture 5th metacarpal.

Ruined my riding plans for the Christmas holiday!

djglover
    Free Member

yep, the twins had it, now I have. Seemed like a combination of norovirus and a chest infection. nce

hora
    Free Member

The GP told me throwing up in itself isn’t ‘bad’ however to a Private Nursery they class all vomiting as ‘projectile’ (i.e. send home the kid).

Drac

Nurseries and schools don’t class it as projectile, norovirus is highly contagious hence the 24 hour rule.

hora
    Free Member

I wonder if countless STW’ers will panic and run for their Swine flu jabs this year 😆

thomthumb
    Free Member

for you guys with the coughing and vomiting. wait ’till the diarrhoea!!

I’ve got whiplash from being knocked off the bike at the beginning of nov. managed 15km ride at the weekend :); but have strained my back again 🙁

at the moment i feel angry about it. the pain and tiredness (accupuncture & sleepless nights) is making me really irratable!

robdob
    Free Member

Had 5 days off work 2 weeks ago with PROPER flu. Lost 11lbs in weight and only put a couple back on. Bedridden, couldn’t eat or sleep, raging temperature and cold sweats etc. Still trying to recover now. Fever subsiding now but cough is so bad. Can’t breathe properly so no bike time at all. Can’t sleep as I can’t lie down. Sick of it now and going to doctor as cough is bad and I can’t breathe properly which is quite scary.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I thought I told all you sickly ones to stay at home. Please don’t come into my singletrackworld spreading your diseases around!!

ATCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUGHHHOOOOOAHHHHHHHHRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

MrOvershoot

Been off work for 4 weeks now, double hernia Op with wound complications 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes ill at the minute – cant go of work as they use sickness for the redeployment process – half the office are like barely mobile corpses refusing to go home unless we can have it as holiday rubbish- very tired my usual high work rate has beem slashed by this.
    Tired feel sick want to sleep not ridden for ages really not fair

kelvin

You don’t want to hear my moaning.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘STW Sickness role-call. Who's ill then? Lets all have a moan’ is closed to new replies.