Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • STW Selkirk Merida Roll Call
  • Dimmadan
    Free Member

Yep!

epo-aholic
    Free Member

after last years deluge…….nope! 🙁

Top.Dog
    Free Member

uhuh

trail_rat
    Free Member

yup – doing the merida riding a merida how apt ….

hoping no to break ribs this year !

clareymorris

Me + 3 🙂
    We just go for the cheep booze in the rugby club on the saturday night!

Aye Trail-rat don't want to see you being carted off in a land-rover again this year! 🙁

trail_rat
    Free Member

im choosing better tires this year *

* yes im blaming my (well used IE bald)small block 8s for dumping me on my arse in that mud !

stooo
    Free Member

Me plus 1 will be there. I'll be in a minty green VW t4 camper… and riding an MSC Zion with a very shiny new chain and cassette….

Well, they are just now, but that may not last.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Me. And a few other fanylion's…and a batch of roadies apparently.

GuyFox40
    Free Member

Me too. I will be popping my Merida cherry this wknd. After some coaxing from a mate i decided about an hour ago to enter the 75k. Haven't trained, plan on having a good drink on sat night and that diet i was supposed to start ages ago never happened. don't think i will be saying "on yer right" very much!

fbk
    Free Member

Does anyone know if this will involve trail closures at Inners this weekend? We're heading that way on a road trip and were hoping to do a lap round the XC route.

Ta 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

previous years has used the courses in the correct direction so no need for course closure – cant comment for this years course mind you but i beleive the inners part is the same …

auldy
    Free Member

Me and about 7 or so members of the Lanarkshire MTB Club will be doing a mix of the 50 / 75 and 100k events – Pitching up Saturday lunchtime . . .

jonb
    Free Member

I'm entered into the 100 as are about 6 or 7 others from Newcastle/Midaircrisis. First event like this for me. Hopefully going to be good fun, the weather looks like it might be ok too.

Kit
    Free Member

After struggling through poor weather and trail conditions of all the Merida events I attended in 2007 and 2008, I can't be arsed with them anymore. Hope ya'll have fun, and take your mud tyres…

Haribo
    Free Member

not me…still broken just enough to stop me riding 😥

Im in. Picking up the mud tyres on Sat morning then driving up for my first ever Merida.

radoggair
    Free Member

me plus bigdugsbaws. I'l (hopefully) be pitchin up on friday night in tune for the road sportive on Sat (135 dubious miles) and the 100k on Sunday (look out for red civic type R new shape, a lonely well built hunk of a man and a raspberry tent)

Do we have s STW 'nice to meet you' signal or handshake yet??

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Yup – Will be there – 6th year in a row. Hope weather isn't too miserable. Saturday looks a bit grim. Sunday marginally better.

I have entered the 75k however I suspect the 50k option will be taken (again!)

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

"well built hunk of a man"

As ever Radoggair, your description of me is perfect. No wonder you will be pitching a tent on Friday 😉

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Yep, white campervan black graphics with wife and dog heading up this afternoon.

Come over and say hello and help me choose which tyres to fit.

13thfloormonk

Me and three mates doing the 100, two of whom are expecting a smooth hard course, and not a hilly, muddy one!

Sensibly spent last weekend boozing, smoking and hiking, now have a twisted knee to show for my troubles, bring on the ibuprofen gel! 8)

Stu

Does anyone know if this will involve trail closures at Inners this weekend? We're heading that way on a road trip and were hoping to do a lap round the XC route.

Will be open but a fair bit busier than normal from about 1ish onwards. Go early if you want a quiet ride

Pippalarge
    Free Member

I'll be there – trying to nurse a pulled hamstring around the 100km…

paul78
    Free Member

I'm there..

Just finished 'Sportive'ing my IO for tomorrows 130 then quick change of tyres and gear for sundays 100km..

Feeling very relaxed about the weather as whatever happens it will be no worse than the Salzkammergut Merida i was at a few weeks back.. thunder, lightening, rain and snow.. they had it all:)

Dougal
    Free Member

You lot are worse than a bunch of pros with you're "Ooh, not feeling so good, the legs are heavy" etc etc.

I'll be there, and going by last nights road ride, I'll be going good.

fbk – Inners open as usual.

radoggair
    Free Member

paul78, respect doing both on a ss.

If i see you you'll receive a pat on the back and possibly a tow for half a mile or so 😉

"well built hunk of a man"

As ever Radoggair, your description of me is perfect. No wonder you will be pitching a tent on Friday

not just a Friday come to think of it. Join me on Saturday night if you wantdare 😆 😉

clareymorris

Let's try and get a drink with each other in the bar on Saturday night for once, we can't all be that difficult to spot!!!

FC and Mr FC are you coming up to Selkirk?

Smee
    Free Member

Doffs cap to paul78.

I'm doing the 135 miler on saturday then the 85km on sunday. Problem is I have to add 25 miles to both as i'll be riding there and back.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

*waves madly to clarey*

Yep, we'll be there…travelling up in the morning.
    Hopefully get the chicklets off to bed tomorrow evening and join you and the crew for beers!! 🙂

clareymorris

Hurrha (oops, too much gin) 😀

mieszko
    Free Member

I'll be there as well. Trying to do 75km. Couple of mates are going as well plus my girlfriends brother flew over to check whether Merida is any harder than his local marathons. He's pretty quick as well or rather damn quick compared to me so will see how he gets on 🙂

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘STW Selkirk Merida Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.