Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • STW scubadivers/photographers, underwater camera kit what's it worth?
  • khani
    Free Member

Sea to Sea underwater camera with loads of bits, light, lenses and all sorts of stuff, it’s been serviced and stored and I’ve been asked if I can sell it for a friend of the mrs who’s moving house and got a loft full of scuba gear

Can anyone give me an idea of what it’s worth and where to sell it?
    There’s also a load of wetsuits and a regulator and a diving knife and diving fins/flippers but I’ve not got round to those yet
    Is there a singlescubaworld that’s worth a visits for advice?

winston_dog
    Free Member

Yorkshire Divers Forum

A very busy forum,also got a For Sale section.

I would guess that it worth a lot less than was paid for it if it’s not digital.

2nd regs can make good money, especially if they are brands like Apeks, Posideon, Mares or US Divers.

Wetsuits don’t get much.

khani
    Free Member

it’s not digital so probly not worth a lot, I’ve been landed with a pile of stuff that I know sod all about, 🙁
    I’ve warned her it might not be worth loads but she just wants rid before she moves
    Cheers for the advice 😀

winston_dog
    Free Member

khani – If you email me with a list of what you have I may be able give you an idea of what it’s worth.

thepurist

On the same subject, anyone know if there’s still a market for Nikonos kit inc. 15mm lens?

khani
    Free Member

Cheers Winston, when I get it all sorted ill send a list and some pics, 🙂

winston_dog
    Free Member

I think Nikonos kit is still wanted. I did hear a rumour of a digital back to convert them a few years ago. Also I think some people did DIY conversions.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Diving kit can be very similar to bikes.

If you don’t know a Halfords BSO looks similar to a £2500 gigh tech wonder. Same with diving, a £150 BCD looks very similar to a £600 one.

Also, on ebay, the big brands hold value very well, sames as bikes.

khani
    Free Member

More pics,

I don’t even know what some of it is.. 😳

winston_dog
    Free Member

khani – That’s some retro kit!

I don’t think there is much money there.

Those old dive computers won’t fetch much, particularly if they need new batteries. although I think the Orcas had user replaceable batteries? If they do, change them and check they work, you might have to immerse them in water to get them to switch one? Never used any Orca kit.

The BCD looks fairly basic and the old Aqualung regs will probably go for £30 – £50 if in good condition. They were good regs though and spares kit should still be about.
    If you could be bothered I would sell stuff as individual items and take the computer off the reg.

A rough guessimate I would say £150 – £300 for the lot.

khani
    Free Member

Cheers 😀 I’ll check the battery’s and try to find out some more..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘STW scubadivers/photographers, underwater camera kit what's it worth?’ is closed to new replies.