Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • STW Scotland – Ballater weekend and Nymphoramafest – 14th/15th November
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

You don't see much pushing at trail centres. It's a lost art and is the new 'core.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Strange things happen when posts reach a multiple of 40…

italspark
    Free Member

full marks on the nymphet action stoobo, think i might get a pair of those cheese-wire pants to wear on top of my shammy cream
    harry was asking for a photie for the bunk house wall ,can someone send him one ?
    anybody leave a large tub of high five disco powder ?, let me know or i,ll do it in a one,r and i,ll do the fastest accent of lochnagar on record

radoggair
    Free Member

in a way, glad i missed the ride ( was working anyway), but i am so gutted about the nymphs. Guys, i could of been well in there!! 😉

jojoA1
    Free Member

The High 5 is mine, Colin. I was gutted about leaving it as it was brand new, only opened on Saturday. Did you take it with you? If so, any chance you can get it to someone in Embra as I'm down in a couple of weeks?

italspark
    Free Member

jo,
    ive got it, i,ll drop it into the bicycleworks this week, ollie "disco shoes" says he can pick it up for you.
    are you down for a ride in the big city ?
    RADOGGAIR ….could have……would have…… should have….but alas you missed it !

notlocal
    Free Member
    rickmeister

Sounds like a classic weekend boys… sad to have missed it, paining the outhouse was a little lacklustre…

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Ooops!!!

"Glum-looking bloke in the ambulance"?

Medic or patient? What was happening?

jojoA1
    Free Member

Notlocal, I spotted you. I thought somone had warned Mountain Rescue we were going out and alerted the troops in readiness.

Italspark, Cheers! That will be great.

notlocal
    Free Member

Stuart, I was siiting in the front. It's actually a Paramedic Response Unit which roams between Braemar and Aboyne, with just a paramedic on board, or as I call it "the icecream van". 🙂 No patient in the back luckily, I was just standing by ready to respond. Did I not give the impression of being a coiled spring. 😆

Jo, don't worry, I did speak to the local Bobby who's on the MRT in Ballater, just to warn him. 😉

jojoA1
    Free Member

… roams between Braemar and Aboyne, with just a paramedic on board

Just in case there's a need for quick scraping up of motorbikers?

Hal
    Free Member

I am glad you all had better weather on the Sunday, and I am also glad you managed to join us on our run, you are all welcome to join our runs any time, and maybe notlocal (LJ) will be able to join us as well, it was real nice to meet you, thanks for the company the banter was good. 8)
    http://www.9zerofreewheelers.co.uk Ballaters Only Mountain Bike Club.

notlocal
    Free Member

Jo, I carry a shovel especially for the task. It's (A93) a fantastic road for bikers (motor variety), and on a busy weeked the chippy in Braemar usually has 20-30 bikes parked outside at dinner and tea time. I just hang around like a vulture. 😈

Hal, somebody keeps making me work on Sundays. You don't know anywhere with Mon-Fri work for an ex paramedic do you. 😉 Tryig to arrange a Glentress weekend SOON.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Top tip, anyone venturing up Ballater way should contact the 9zerofreewheers. They are a super friendly bunch with an amazing knowledge of their trail network. I for one will be heading back up to pick their brains. Ballater is only a couple of hours drive from the Forth Road Bridge. Probably no furher than Laggan, but for lovers of the natural stuff, you need look no further. The Habitat bothy is great too.

Hal
    Free Member

Notlocal, Sorry mate, I cant see me being at GT this side of Xmas, its panto season, Oh yes it is! 😉 but, I see your free on the 27th December which is a Sunday run where do ye fancy going? 😯

notlocal
    Free Member

You know me Hal, up for anything. Wherever it is I feel a dram at the top coming on……seeing as how I'm working the bells. 😥 and won't make the New Years Day outing*. You don't know anywhere that does a nice whisky do you? 😉

*Unless I wait for you all when I finish my shift. What time for 1st Jan?

How about a STW New Year Whiskyfest?

Hal
    Free Member

As some riders might just be under the weather the whisky run will be leaving at 10:00 on January the 1st, we are planning a run round the Coils O Muick and having a dram at the top, then weather permitting back to the village via the Green mile. There will be nowhere for hot chocolate, unless we can get Butcher Baz to fill his flasks he uses for BBQ'S.

notlocal
    Free Member

Hoo Hoo,Green Mile, I'm in!!

FreewheelerDave
    Free Member

we can get Butcher Baz to fill his flasks

so long as its his flasks and not his camelback 😆

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘STW Scotland – Ballater weekend and Nymphoramafest – 14th/15th November’ is closed to new replies.