Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 140 total)
  • STW Scotland – Ballater weekend and Nymphoramafest – 14th/15th November
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

Yup – the rumours are true. Ballater will be hoachin' wi German uber-totty on the weekend of the 14th and 15th November. Male and female, so all* tastes catered for…

There might be the opportunity to ride bikes as well, though the weather might be beyond the pale and necessitate low-level mincing or road riding (I'll be fcuked if I'm getting on a road bike though).

Plan would be to stay in the Habitat Hostel in Ballater and do a big Lochnagar circuit on the Saturday and something else on the Sunday. Route details to follow…

This is a desperate attempt at redemption after the "shiftworkers and skivers ride" fail. It's got a lot to live up to after the Clova and Torridon weekends, the latter of which proved that good weather isn't really necessary and that Raddogair isn't an anagram of "I Radar God" for nothing.

So who is willing to sacrifice a weekend of comfort and certainty for something entirely different?

*no tastes will be catered for

jojoA1
    Free Member

How come there will be Aryan hotties there? Did you kidnapp them from Kinlochewe?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Did you kidnapp them from Kinlochewe

No kidnapping necessary. After a night of farting, snoring and swearing they were foaming at the charmed.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Count me in, are you thinking of going up on the Friday night? or an early start on Saturday?

Swayndo
    Free Member

See this German uber-totty thing … is there some grain of truth in the myth? I ask cos CrashGav and me came across (aye, I wish) a coachload of German honeys on the Slig path in Skye a couple of weeks back. Got me all flustered in my thermal lederhosen, so it did.

I'll check with my locals tomorrow.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Maybe not German, but any Northern European port in a storm

stuartie_c
    Free Member

McM – probably Friday night up the road.

Swayndo – is that true? I've been scouring bothies for the last 20 years and not a peep.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Absolutely 100% truth. I would say all in their late teens and most were beautiful, some were jaw-drop stunning. And there's me in my 3/4 bib-knicks and Rab smock thinking I'd no bump into anyone on a Thursday in early October. Nowhere to hide really 😳

matt_outandabout

I have a bus load ladies outside the house at the moment – taking pictures of the falls…'tis quite common. Actually, its rather multicultural at present as there also seems to be a coach of Japanese offloading as well.

Murr
    Free Member

hi stuartie, think a can just about ma nage that trip bunkhouse looks ace what distance do u think?.paul [murray ]

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Hi Paul,

I'm just putting some route ideas together. Reckon on a 30 miler on the Saturday and something a bit shorter on the Sunday. Hopefully lots of climbing and some tasty downhills – no problem to the KDY riders…

Any others? McMoonter is keen, how about Gary, Mark, Alex?

jojoA1
    Free Member

Don't you want me to come? Am I too slow 🙁 I could put on a 'euro' accent and bleach my hair…!

😉

italspark
    Free Member

go high or go home, thats my moto, 7 hour death march on the saturday wih a 6 hour recovery ride on the sunday, thats the ticket (any one up for a friday night ride just to loosen up.)
    tons of riding up there stuartie, have a look at aboyne and braemar too………..i,ll get my maps oot and see what i can find

Swayndo
    Free Member

I'll not be in Stuartie_c. Forgot this is three weeks before a weekend in a lodge at Badaguish I have planned.

JojoA1, can you mention this to Matt please? I mailed him but it might be an old address.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Don't you want me to come?

Of course we want you to come! No need for Euro accents, unless you want to of course … French coquette?

Too slow my arse… 😯

Shame you can't make it Swayndo – next time!

jimcollins67
    Free Member

Sounds like a fun weekend Stuartie, count me in..

Jim

jojoA1
    Free Member

Swayndo. Matt is duly informed, he doesn't look at his e-mails much. He hasn't got many friends…. 😉

Et maintenant, un peu de coquetterie. *eyelash flutters*

messiah
    Free Member

I'm going to be sking at the Lecht/Glenshee/Cairngorm that weekend – there is always the first dump of snow and hence a weekend of sking in the middle of November… thanks for making sure when 😀

moremudplease
    Free Member

hi stuarte,unfortunately I am one of the numptys that work on a saturday,so have to count this kdy rider out,hopefully catch up with you some other time.sees ya
    mark

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I *may* be up for this, I'm a bawhair fitter than the clova ride, so I'd still be murder up hills (and mince down them!). I'll need to get full authorisation from 'er indoors.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

OK guys – good stuff. Good to see you're keen JimC – good Puffer training. Sorry you can't make it Mark – must get out for a Wednesday ride soon. Greg – you know you want to…

If you're definitely coming, here's the protocol:

Phone/email Habitat and book yourself in for the Friday/Saturday night. If there are enough of us we'll get exclusive use of one of the rooms (according to Italspark…).

If you're just up for one day, keep an eye on this thread over the next few days for the route suggestions and the meeting time/places.

Try to scrounge a lift from someone else on the thread who lives in the same general area (easy if you live in Fife, it seems, but maybe a bit of a pain if you're coming from Durness).

Final arrangement will be posted here a few days before the 14th.

(You might want to learn some German chat-up lines as well – I find "Wer ist Ihr Liebling aus 'Bergerac' heraus?" is a surefire winner)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

B0ll0cks. Scratch that, mrs nobeer is working that weekend, hence, no car and a mad wee lass to hang about with!.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Just enquired after the family rooms 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Jojo A1, Colin and clan and I are sharing the other family room on Saturday night. I'm with the Moonters and stray nymphs on Friday night.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Anyone else swithering about coming along next again weekend? It will be drier on top of Lochnagar than most low level routes.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Is that Colin AKA Druidh?
    And are you asking about the next again weekend from now or from then?…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Nope, Colin as in Sheera (italspark)

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Completely missed this new post. Still waiting to see if Mrs M is going to be working. Also going to be weather dependent for me, not just because I'm a mincer but because
    1) Braemar is only about 1hr 15 mins in the car, so can afford to pick the nicer days
    2) Been redundant since June but got a few big interviews coming up. Not going to risk getting injured on a stack on big rocky descents in the wet.

Ready, aim, fire

radoggair
    Free Member

noted on calander, have to see shifts first though

And yes, i do want to come * blushes with the double meaning of what i said*

Now, these nymphs??

GlenMore
    Free Member

Sort of interested in this, but looking at the company and the route I'm concerned that it's gonna be a bit "epic" for my fitness level. Has the Sunday route been confirmed yet? I could always amuse myself on Saturday somewhere.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Where's the route posted?

I'll still be on covalescent re-hab riding rate, we can bring up the rear together… so to speak.

GlenMore
    Free Member

I was assuming that this was the planned route.

martinxyz
    Free Member

aye,the myth is true. hairy armpits.

jojoA1
    Free Member

…..That's a doddle.

Matt can ride that day…

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I know I'm not a definite, but that route need one modification. Turn right to take the path up to Meikle Pap, on to the plateau and do the whole run down the Glas Allt. Not done the steep bit down the bottom (which is apparently only doable by biking gods), but the descent from the top rates as one of the absolute best in the UK. I would put it as better than Carn Ban Mor and Ben a Bhuide, and almost as good as Bealach na Lice to Annat.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The Meikle Pap is where its at. Italspark and I saw a pair of Golden Eagles circling it from the plateau late on a sunny afternoon. We saw the descent you mention, it looks pretty good.

rickmeister

Stuartie_C, I am in. My own German hottie is off ski-ing on the previous Friday, I am in Edinburgh and have a van, 4 spare seats and room for bikes to go up on the Friday arvo….

Just need to get accomodation sorted next. Be good to meet you by the way…..

rickmeister

aqnd I find that "Das is mein handtuch auf den ligerstule" (spelling apologies), always works……

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Evening all.

Apologies for neglecting this thread (sorry thread, I'll make it up to you) but I've been away all weekend in a bothy with nothing but whisky and fireworks and the internet access was lacking (though it did have running water and a flushing toilet!).

I'm a bit tired right now but I promise I'll start posting route details and suggestions tomorrow evening. The map posted above by Glen More is from an earlier thread and the intention would be to do something like this but aim for Captain M's detour onto the Lochnagar plateau, snow conditions permitting. Weather like this weekend would be perfect!

I've not given much thought to Sunday's ride but I'm open to suggestions – it would also be good to have options for Saturday so that there is something for everyone. Looks like a good turnout – we'll do a roll-call in the next day or two.

Cheers,

SC

italspark
    Free Member

i spoke to habitat harry on saturday, he reckons weve got 11 including bairns, he also owns the italian restraunt next door (which i can personally recommend) it gets busy on the weekend so it might be worth booking for the saturday night.let me know who fancies it and ill get it booked.
    saw some snow on the tops oop north from the sidlaws today, so look out your winter woolies for the weekend

ital is vital

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘STW Scotland – Ballater weekend and Nymphoramafest – 14th/15th November’ is closed to new replies.