• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Stw runnerists, returning injury physio minimalist?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Ey up apologies for long post
    Bit of background I used to run in the army never had any problems. But a few years back tried to start again ended up with sore knees and ankles so went to a running shop and was given motion control shoes for over pronation still got sore after I upped the miles so sacked it

Recently I’ve started again, sensibly too doing the couch to 5km. On the five min bits still sore ankles. Using the old motion control shoes. Saucony omni for reference. Went to shop gait analysis showed no over pronation in these shoes and straight ankles. So trialled new model omni but returned as same problem

Now I’ve been seeing a physio and he’s been working on my legs and ankles to improve my dorsiflexion and it’s this he says is causing the overpronation but the initial pains I’ve been trying to get rid of have been caused by the motion control shoes limiting my ankle movement when it was trying to compensate for my limited dorsiflexion. Long winded sorry lol

So now my dorsiflexion has improved but he has suggested ditching motion control shoes and going neutral as it will over time and with other exercises strengthen my feet. My arches are already improving. He even suggested minimalist shoes as I’m starting from scratch he thinks go minimal start small and relearn to not heel strike . I’m wary of blowing more money on shoes and hurting myself any more

So any suggestions does his advice seem sound. Also some minimal are not so minimal and others are. He says less heel to toe drop makes for easier running with better form. Also what shoes are good thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Stw runnerists, returning injury physio minimalist?’ is closed to new replies.