Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • stw roadies: genuinely light frame?
  • onandon
    Free Member

I had one of those. Light it was not. However, it was fabulous at being totally dead, slow and uncomfortable.

TiRed

The “Composite” line was Giant’s budget get-you-on-a-carbon-bike line. They were not that light and discontinued now. You want “Advanced” or “Advanced SL” grade frames for lightness.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

You’re probably best off ignoring anything that comes with a proprietary seatpost, like that Giant, as they’re usually double the weight of normal carbon one.

meesterbond

If you’re looking for a damaged frame to repair, how would a Parlee ESX work?

I’ve got one with a broken seatstay which I was planning to get repaired and build up… could let it go for the right price

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks again all!

redmist
    Free Member

My Dengfu R02 in 58 is 940g, matching fork is 320g. I think they had a light option as well but at 80kg and a Chinese frame I decided to play it safe

bob_summers

I built a size 54cm FM 066 (Hng Fu) up with Chorus, power meter, alloy bars, stem etc. to 6.4kg, albeit on 24mm carbon tubs, but it wasn’t dear at all.
    Individual weights (by me) were Frame 882g Fork 372g Seatpost 190g

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I had a Hongfu FM66 SL, sub 900g. 16lb built up with some of Microshift’s top groupset and sensible components

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘stw roadies: genuinely light frame?’ is closed to new replies.