Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • STW Ride – Hell of the South Cotswolds on Sunday
  • Tasso
    Free Member

A little while back there was a thread for an alternative to the Hell of the North Cotswolds season opener for anyone too lazy to get their entry in on time.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hell-of-the-south-cotswolds-anyone

There has been no organisation since then but it's looking like a nice weekend ahead so without further ado I'll provide a route taking in some of our local singletrack to the North West of Bath.

Meeting location is on the A420 London Road, Wick, South Gloucestershire. Postcode BS30 5SJ for the field between the Texaco garage and Limebrook Farm.

Aim for a 9:30 start time on Sunday morning though don't feel tied to that if you want an earlier or later start.

Lat and Long 51.452128, -2.413334 or in old money
    +51° 27' 7.66", -2° 24' 48.00"

You'll need to bring kit and supplies for the whole ride as there are only villages on the route. Several pubs along the way for a little comfort stop or pint of fizzy pop though.

Please bear in mind there are no facilities available at the start point but the garage adjacent to it sells the usual fare.

I should have the route posted up somewhere on line by tomorrow morning but will have a limited supply of route maps to hand out.

Tasso

Oh and I guess everyone will want to know what tyres etc? Well knobblies would be a good start, there's a few stream fords to cross, road sections, a bit of mud and rocky bits but you aren't going to need a 6" travel all mountain bike.

Tasso
    Free Member

For anyone who wants an idea of the route in mind see here:

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Hell-of-the-South-Cotswolds

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Sounds good 🙂

See you there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘STW Ride – Hell of the South Cotswolds on Sunday’ is closed to new replies.