Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • stw ride 6th sept lee quarry role call
  • TrevorB

The last ride got back to the cars at 5:00ish. So how far does your mate have to drive? BTW it was a Deejay ride 😉 Not to be confused with a "normal" ride.

chico
    Free Member

we live in blackpool. whats a deejay ride?

Vortexracing

whats a deejay ride?

bloody hard, thats what

Junkyard
    Free Member

it is a misleadingingly defined 25 mile route that always exceeds usally ending with a brutal soul destroying climb.

I did mention cakes and I thought I might do a chocolate one for a change and any requests ?

chico with the amount of play time in the Quarry I would expect you to get back ok but it might be close depending on traffoc etc as asume ride ending circa 3:30

chico
    Free Member

ok were in. plus one more maybe.

lowey

Reckon this could be a record turn out Gray matey.

Vortexracing

Must have missed the cake post.

Now, what bike to take?

DeeJay
    Free Member

🙄

D0NK

Whoops managed to miss this one. Happy belated birthday lowey. So brian's little nippers put in an early appearance eh? Well I did have a good/funny "becoming a dad" book to lend him, guess he won't need it now.

I'll be there, so should Mark and quite likely Simon too.
    Hope weather improves.

Oh and we're following the racers? No pressure to go quick on that first steep climb then?

DeeJay
    Free Member

Steve is having a night in Barrow hospital after a fall today 🙁 Apparently he was unconscious for a few minutes
    I don't think he will make Sunday

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yikes healing vibes.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Thanks J – I will pass them on – I don't think he will have any scars though! He just can't remember where he was or how he got there!

justme
    Free Member

bang on jon was hoping to get back to the quarry around 3.30 – 4.00 so psople can spend an hour or so playing but as we know it all depends on what happens during the riding – breakdowns etc so for chico 5.30 back at blackpool is possible but would think it may be a bit tight
    donk 10mins to do 200 yards behind the racers should be ok as they are going straight on up to the bowl and we are taking the left turn on the usual way in
    jon -cake request for pinapple upside down cake but any is good!!
    g

justme
    Free Member

oopps forgot hope steves ok soon g

lowey

Oh no… please pass on our best wishes to Steve will you Dave ? sounds nasty, our mate was in Barrow hospital in June with a broken collar bone.

Where was he, in Grisedale ?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i'm marshalling the race so i'll not be joining the ride, but i reckon i'll have my bike with me and i plan on playing in the quarry for a couple of hours after the race is done so i may well see you chaps there…

neil853
    Free Member

good man xherbivorex! we are in serious need of marshals, i've even blackmailed my girlfriend into it 😆

xherbivorex
    Free Member

should be bringing a mate with me too neil, so that'll help.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Just had a txt from Steve – he is hoping to be out of hospital to-day – he was kept in for observation cos he took a serious bang to the head – he says he's got a sore shoulder but otherwise OK – hurrah.

TrevorB

We were on our way towards Grizedale via Claife Heights. A bit of bridleway with sand trap in it. 🙁 Steve unconscious and John with a dislocated and fractured shoulder. Steve was taken to Barrow hospital and John to Lancaster !!!!!!
    Lots of time in the car and waiting rooms for me and Tom. Going over later today to bring him back.
    Will pass on all your good wishes.
    Trevor

lowey

Bloody hell. Bet that was quite scary actually. John sounds like he had a real bad time of it.

Both of on the same sand trap ? Sounds really nasty. Hope both are ok.

wilburracing
    Free Member

TrevorB, sounds awful, hope the guys have a good recovery. Going to be in the same area tomorrow, where was the problem ?

DeeJay
    Free Member

Happened on this very ordinary BW running alongside Wray Bay on Windermere – we did it about 4 weeks ago and it was fine but all the recent rain must have washed lots of sand down to make it very different.

lowey

Ambulance get you or MRT ?

ton

just got back from 2 weeks self abuse in turkey, so i am fit and ready for 6 hours of suffering……. 8)
    get well soon steve and john..

taka
    Free Member

xherbivorex im marshiling too howdangerous is lee quarry toride brakeless?

Junkyard
    Free Member

suicidal Taka MTB anywhere without brakes would be do you need to ask?
    You know bits will be downhill dont you?

Just checked with Darwin he thinks it should be ok 🙄 *
    Have e-mailed your brother over wheels remind him to check /reply

PS in lakes yesterday with DONK and we both (at different parts) hit patches that looked like hardpacked with water on top only for it to be like sinking sand on entering. Thankfully at slow speed so only comedy dismounts involved.

TAKA joke FFS dont

taka
    Free Member

PS in lakes yesterday with DONK and we both (at different parts) hit patches that looked like hardpacked with water on top only for it to be like sinking sand on entering. Thankfully at slow speed so only comedy dismounts involved.

like in swaledale 😉

i rode to hebdenbridge yesterday over stairslane hardcastle etc.. will get oaf to check his emails

tom

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes but not at the speed you were going at thanksfully.
    I can lend you a 203 post to post and rotor if any use?

taka
    Free Member

cheers for the offer but the brakes are in the post

tom

TrevorB

Sorry lowey, missed your question. Ambulance, we were able to get back to the road before they arrived.

crowbar
    Free Member

A bit late, but have you space for one more?

Darren

lowey

All welcome mate.

Junkyard
    Free Member

one more
    of course
    we hope to number just less than the racers 😆

big_n_daft
    Free Member

they have 60 pre-entries and get 40-50 entering on the line 🙂

stumpyjon

Looking more likely that I'll be there too, little lad is out of hospital and running around like a mad thing, can't believe he had a 2.5 hour operation yesterday.

stumpyjon

Just checked the weather too, looking better, rain should hold off until late on (famous last words………..)

DeeJay
    Free Member

we hope to number just less than the racers

I don't have enough mugs and I hope you're baking lots of cakes – mind you might be raining by then 😉

D0NK

Shoulder and head injury, ouch thats bad, hope they are both better soon. I'm gonna be paranoid about that stuff in future. Those traps yesterday really were invisible, looked just like regular hardpack grit,

xherbivorex
    Free Member

roughly what time do you all reckon you'll be getting back to the quarry? i think i might take a bike with me when i go marshalling and i'm gonna stick around to play a bit after the racing is over…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘stw ride 6th sept lee quarry role call’ is closed to new replies.