Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • STW Referendum – are you in or out?
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Given the proposed plans by STW towers to de-link the “EU Referendum – are you in or out?” thread into it’s own forum/site, grrrr.cx, I was wondering what people thought?

I am torn between both.

Part of me thinks more big hitters localised in one location is a Good Thing. As it allows the rest of us to talk shite about football, bikes and Binner’s pastry fantasies without quite surprising levels of hostility and petty point scoring.

But part of me thinks it is kinda working OK, and would it rock the boat lots to have these big hitters away from the calming effects of the bike and chat forums. Plus the powers that be would miss out on all those referrals they hid in the quote button (10p every click).
    (sorry if this is repeat thread – much google fu shows one closed thread yesterday…)

footflaps

I think we should just send the bike forum back to Europe, where it belongs.

scotroutes

Everyone knows that mountain biking was invented in the USA. The bike forum should therefore declare independence from STW and seek amalgamation as the 51st State.

stewartc
    Free Member

Never mind the EU, where do you stand on the Hokey Cokey, are you in or out?

RustySpanner

A boat full of referendumugees from the chat forum was spotted on Rochdale Canal last night.

When hailed, they said they were perfectly OK but did anyone know where there was any gravel?

They were directed to Gordon Riggs and given an emergency copy of Bicycle Quarterly.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Is the In arguement a professional, middle class sort of thing?

Because the STW poll is very skewed toward staying; much more so than the whole country.

If this was a football forum would it be as dramatic, the other way?

wwaswas

where do you stand on the Hokey Cokey, are you in or out?

I’m shaking all about. Undecided, in other words.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’m shaking all about.

Please put some clothes on.

gordimhor

Never mind the EU, where do you stand on the Hokey Cokey, are you in or out?

Better to shake it all about on the dancefloor than be a wallflower

gordimhor

Thank god there’s no video

wwaswas

Please put some clothes on.

I work at home 🙂

Although there’s some tape over the web cam on the monitor after that skype call turned out to be video too…

Drac

Oh great another EU thread.

mattjg
    Free Member

In. But a soft In, I think the EU has big issues about where it is now and even bigger about where it’s going. But I just don’t think the sunlit uplands the hard core Outs are pedalling really exist, and it could be an economic clusterf**k. Out has some very legitimate concerns though.

What’s really driving the moderate Out vote? I think it’s that the I-word has been pushed under the table for decades, by all sides, nobody has listened to the voters and it’s coming home to roost. Voters are seeing this as a one in a lifetime chance to have their opinion at least noted.

But this isn’t a vote about (only) mass immigration, it’s much bigger than that.

The STW poll is showing 77% In, I was surprised about that.

This says it pretty good: http://www.economist.com/blogs/buttonwood/2016/06/eu-referendum-2

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can we just have a separate political arguing forum? Perhaps spice it up a bit by removing the quote function.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

In. But a soft In, I think the EU has big issues about where it is now and even bigger about where it’s going. But I just don’t think the sunlit uplands the hard core Outs are pedalling really exist, and it could be an economic clusterf**k. Out has some very legitimate concerns though.

What’s really driving the moderate Out vote? I think it’s that the I-word has been pushed under the table for decades, by all sides, nobody has listened to the voters and it’s coming home to roost. Voters are seeing this as a one in a lifetime chance to have their opinion at least noted.

But this isn’t a vote about (only) mass immigration, it’s much bigger than that.

The STW poll is showing 77% In, I was surprised about that.

This says it pretty good: http://www.economist.com/blogs/buttonwood/2016/06/eu-referendum-2

Oh, FFS. We’ve been infected!

Everyone put on your protective suits…

mattjg
    Free Member

^^ nice tats.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘STW Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.