Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • STW Plumbers: Aqualisa v Bristan (or similar)
  • djambo
    Free Member

We’re about to redo our bathroom.

The shower currently has a gold aqualisa aquavalve 700 shower fitted which works great despite being a bit scaled up on the outside and in need of a new plastic head.

We’re replacing all the sanitary ware and ditching the old cheap taps, so moving to chrome is an option. For the shower this means either:

1. Buying replacement aqualisa chrome plate, assembly control knob, fixed head etc and keeping the existing valves/cartidge
    or
    2. Buying a cheaper (Bristan) concealed shower unit

Cost seems about the same. Unfortunately option 3 (persuading wife that gold looks fine and only changing the taps isn’t an option!).

Whats the quality difference between Bristan and Aqualisa?

showerman
    Free Member

my only advice is all ways go surface mounted if possible much easier to change if giving problems at a later date. unless full access to pipework and valve is possible from the rear.

martinhutch

I was really disappointed with the ‘feel’ of an Aqualisa shower unit I bought – flimsy for the the price. Worked OK.

Bristan throughout the house now. Works fine, feels good, cheap as chips.

Probably doesn’t apply to all fittings, but you don’t always get what you pay for.

And I’d agree with surface mounting….my poorly fitted recessed bath taps caused no end of bother.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘STW Plumbers: Aqualisa v Bristan (or similar)’ is closed to new replies.