Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • STW physio/fitness/knowledgeable types – lower back tightness?
  • timnwild

Had a back massage last week, and the masseuse told me my lower back was very ‘tight’ and I’m sure it’s from riding – if I don’t get the seat height exactly right I get pain in my lower back, and the more i hunch over to climb, the more it happens. Correct seat height means no pain, but there’s definitely something there.

As a rider, what do you do/recommend to keep things loose, or loosen them after riding?

Thanks

Stoner
    Free Member

I get a build up of tightness/lower back spasm over a month or so (may be riding, may be sleeping wonky, maybe hefting stuff around), and go to my friendly osteo for a once over. Always feel great and much more supple a few days later.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Hamstrings are the killer – typical problem for cyclists. Get ’em stretched.

ampthill

+1 hamstring stretching…..

glupton1976
    Free Member

Your arse is weak and your hamstrings are tight and your lower back is paying the price for it.

What to do to fix it – I’ll tell you for certain when I figure it out myself.

But for now I’m doing lots of exercises to strengthen my core and my arse.

BTW – my back pain got worse as I became more flexible. Bummer.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Pilates is very good for stretches and lower back , look into it see what you think ? I’ve been doing it on and off now for a few months and it helps . My problem sounds very similar to yours .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘STW physio/fitness/knowledgeable types – lower back tightness?’ is closed to new replies.