Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • STW Physio/docs – strange leg issue
  • Gotama
    Free Member

I’ve been seeing a physio for a while and it has him somewhat stumped. He knows his stuff but on the off chance anyone here has had anything similar…

Been struggling for a leg injury for a while. Notice it in the tendon that runs down the side of the knee, towards the back, that is linked to the hamstring occasionally when sat down. On the bike though it appears as a mild cramp like sensation through fatigue when under load ie not so much when spinning but in the side of my calf. If I keep pushing on it spreads up the leg and into the hamstring. I stretch my hamstrings, calves etc regularly. It’s been an issue since last June albeit now a lot better than it was. Most noticeable on the road bike, presumably because of the sustained work as opposed to mtb where I’m not pedalling as much going down.

I only started having the issue after cycling with a poorly aligned road cleat for the first time. The foot was pointing inwards too much.

Any thoughts welcome as are offers of a new leg.

martinhutch

I have this. I normally blame this on a history of achilles problems in that leg, plus tightness in the calf, hamstring and glutes. Using a roller, and standing on a tennis/squash ball and rolling it around the arch (enjoying the pain, obviously) seems to alleviate it a bit, but I’d be interested to hear any other experiences.

Gotama
    Free Member

At least I’m not alone! Frustrating. I was also just getting into my road biking but last time I tried I got an hour or so in and I could feel an almost popping sensation in lower part of my hamstring, just above the knee joint. It’s almost like it starts in the calf and spreads up to the hamstring.

I do have a duplication of a muscle in the foot arch which is used to scrunch your toes. Picked up on a scan when I was having arch issues a while back but previously that caused foot arch pain rather than anything else.

marcus
    Free Member

It sounds similar to 1 of my issues which I think is sciatic nerve related.

perchypanther
    Free Member

The foot was pointing inwards too much.

You are Keyser Soze and I claim my five pounds.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘STW Physio/docs – strange leg issue’ is closed to new replies.