Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 516 total)
  • STW Peaks Pootlers – February 13th
  • Pook

How do all,

well, after such a cracking day out as we had this weekend, it only seems right to have another.

So, meeting at 10am,
    at Barber Booth layby
    here,
    and heading out on the original loop we'd planned for the last ride

So, up Mam Tor to Hollins Cross, over Rushup Edge, Pennine Bridleway, Mount Famine, up Oaken Clough and down the famous Jacob's Ladder

Parts will be a little boggy, but it's winter! Also Hora will lead you to the finest burgers in Edale…..

lowey

Dang. Cant do Saturdays. Have a good one.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Put me down for this one. It will be my 34th birthday so I may wear my birthday suit.

Pook

😯

as long as you hide your blushes with a name badge

and lowey – I'll get one on a sunday soon

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I'm 95% approved for this, so put me down too. Looking forward to it already (mmm, very close to Valentine's day, isn't it??)

Pook

aye – but that's the day after. So you're ok.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

well I've got no lady to romance so may as well come out with you bunch of stunners

stilltortoise
    Free Member

well I've got no lady to romance so may as well come out with you bunch of stunners

I shall make an effort and shave then 😀

hora
    Free Member

Mister P- why not wear fancy dress for the ride 🙂

ourkidsam
    Free Member

oh no, I prefer the rugged look 😉

Pook

He could dress as Crocodile Dundee for you sam

hora
    Free Member

If I had know I wouldnt have thrown away the McDonalds full uniform that I found at my Mums house recently 🙁

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Can you please stop arranging Peaks rides for a few months. I'm still under curfew following surgery, and it's getting very annoying.
    😥 😀 🙄

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Close your eyes and put your fingers in your ears Mary

hora
    Free Member

Mary, look on the bright side. You are missing the cold, wet and snow. When you come out for a ride it will be GLORIOUS SUNSHINE! 😀

skiprat
    Free Member

Back from honeymoon the day before and got the ok to go last night so i'm in.

hp_source

I think I'm free that day, the route sounds good… I only didn't do the las t one because of the lakes the day after 🙂

I'm in cheers!

hora
    Free Member

Ah Skiprat, yet more secret training I see!

skiprat
    Free Member

Ah yes but thats one training ride nobody else is getting an invite too!!!! 😉

hora
    Free Member

Wheres Fatsimon?

nbt

We've currently got a prior engagement that weekend so will have to miss out

robdob
    Free Member

I'm in!

As long as you don't mind waiting at every gate for me. 🙁

Will do a warm up ride on the Thursday evening to loosen up a bit, cos I felt super rough last weekend.

It was fun "maxing out the rad" for the camera, any keen photo type people coming again??

Pook

will and I may be videoing.

tjr666
    Free Member

I would not mind tagging along for this one, give the pig a good thrashing…I am pretty slow though, always worry about going on group rides, thinking that I will just get left behind!

Pook

anyone care to put TJ's mind at ease?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Mate, I'm awfully slow on the ups – Robdob was pushing quicker than I was riding some hills.

tjr666
    Free Member

haha yeah that does make me feel better!

eth3er
    Free Member

I'm in.

hora
    Free Member

I liked it. The fast climbers waited patiently at the top and the first to descend waited patiently at the bottom.

Everyone talked (alot) and there were only two mechanicals (punctures)- perfik 😀

TJ On some rides I have felt very very guilty about people waiting for me at the top. When I eventually made it above Hagg farm I actually had to keep going as I was that knackered (if I had stopped I would have been finished)

robdob
    Free Member

Mate, I'm awfully slow on the ups – Robdob was pushing quicker than I was riding some hills

Cheers!

I will hopefully be riding a bit more next time.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Err, that was meant to illustrate my speed rather than the fact you pushed a bit – sorry! You've got a big bike, I'd have been pushing it too!

Pook

When I eventually made it above Hagg farm I actually had to keep going as I was that knackered (if I had stopped I would have been finished)

and you needed a poo.

will
    Free Member

Why not. I'll come 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

Are you going to make everyone else look a bit pathetic by beating us all on your SS cross bike again?

hora
    Free Member

Pook – Member

When I eventually made it above Hagg farm I actually had to keep going as I was that knackered (if I had stopped I would have been finished)

and you needed a poo.

That was on the other bit. Dont say things like this on a public forum. you never know there may be a single female cyclist who actually likes over-weight looking men like me. She'll see that bit and think 'urrg forget it' 8)

Pook

I've still not forgiven you for trying to make me look
    😯

Bunnyhop

Boo hoo, no can do.
    However looking forward to another one, with dry dusty trails. 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

I've still not forgiven you for trying to make me look

If someones proud of something you could at least support them in their achievements. 😉

hora
    Free Member

I wont drink alot of red wine the night before either after a week of being good 😐

justme
    Free Member

its in the diary have heard of these places but not riden them – will make every effort to get
    g

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘STW Peaks Pootlers – February 13th’ is closed to new replies.