Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 487 total)
  • STW Peaks pootlers – 23rd jan peaks loop?
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Pook

Did we really need to see pics of your sofa stains? 😆

skiprat
    Free Member

Oi…..

No probs, i'll get it dug out and let you know.

Pook

It's been sold now that sofa

hora
    Free Member

Size and webbylink. 😀

Mister-P
    Free Member

Far left in group photo = Mister P

nbt

Pub photo, left to right
    Robdob
    Bunnyhop
    NBT
    Will
    Hora
    ?
    ?
    Sambob
    Pook
    Podge
    MisterP
    ?
    Fellmarvin

I htink

sorry, terrible memory for names

Pook

aye me too – I can remember the forum names – it's the real names I struggle with

😳

Although on the pub pic, you're missing l-r StillTortoise, Popacapetl and Ourkidsam

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I was to the right (behind) Hora

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I could eat another of those butties.

hora
    Free Member

I think nbt should enter one of those eating competitions. I bet around his way the "all you can eat Buffets" have gone bust because of him 😯

hora
    Free Member

I think nbt should enter one of those eating competitions. I bet around his way the "all you can eat Buffets" have gone bust because of him 😯

skiprat, I was both shocked and deeply appalled that you turned up this time and climbed with ease. Leaving me at the back to push as usual 😉

Have you been secretly training?!

skiprat
    Free Member

what can i say…..15 mins on the turbo trainer did wonders!! 😉

Anyway you've some need to talk, you tell me off for riding up one field and then bomb straight off up the next one. A case of pot and kettle here me thinks!! 😀

Coat is 180 tall 104 chest

and i'll look the link up now

hora
    Free Member

Thats the same place/exact one as yours? Will get it sorted now. Ta.

skiprat
    Free Member

Thats where i got mine from.
    Grade 1 just means its been issued and has come back all ok. Like mine had that blokes name in. No holes and all zips ok. Hood is a pack away one but big enough to go over a helmet. Just looking at a 456 in blue so soon we could be twins!! 😕

hora
    Free Member

I can honestly say I love my 16" 456. Didnt like the 18" Inbred I had. Too 'xc'.

Infact there were two 16" 456 with Pikes on Sats ride!

skiprat
    Free Member

My Scandal is an 18" and i was thinking 18" 456 due to my long legs and and arms. Will still be quite small for me so will have plenty of room to move around on.

Just looking for forks now….what year are your Pikes?

hora
    Free Member

How tall are you? You are about 5'11?/6ft? How do you find the Scandal?

I'm running a 70mm Thomson stem with a inline seatpost.

My Pikes are 09 454 coils. I did have my 115-160 Lyriks on last week and decided to 'try' them at 160. Hmmm too long.

skiprat
    Free Member

Just top side of 6'1". Run it with a layback Thomsonand 100mm stem so very XC. I like the Scandal as it powers forward, thats how i got up the hills this weekend 😉

But on the downs it feels quite harsh. Plus when we go for a play it just doesn't feel quite right. Would like to run more travel up front and also want a bike i can crash on without having to think what it might do to the frame.

hora
    Free Member

Holdfire- have a go on mine next time….however you sound like you already ordering forks etc?

skiprat
    Free Member

Not ordering anything just yet. Just looking at what forks people are running to get an idea of what to look out for.

Thanks for the offer of trying yours, will see if my monkey arms will be ok on it!!

hora
    Free Member

Well Im 6ft1. Ive got circa 32/33inside leg and a long body/reach. Seems to fit me fine and I dont 'yearn' for more seatpost on the climbs (at the bottom of each pedal stroke I've still got the ball of my foot arched/leg fully extended).

skiprat
    Free Member

Sounds like i might be ok with a 16. Will defo be trying yours out now. Will be ok as i can still use the Thomson post to "stretch" it out for climbing.

will
    Free Member

Good photos there Chris?

The original route on the 13th then? If thats the case, then due to the long climb upto jacobs I shall be bringing a real bike.

hora
    Free Member

The laidback might not work on a 456 with Pikes though as you'll be sat at a slacker angle over the rear tyre thus the front wheel would lift more??

Its the same size seatpost diameter as mine isnt it? So we can just swap them over. I reckon definitely try first though. I wasted alot of money on 18"'s. Vice versa- you might waste money buying a 16" when the majority of 6footers actually get on well with 18"!

Mister-P
    Free Member

So 13th Feb is the plan for another ride? That is my birthday so I may be able to wangle a pass from the good lady that day.

hora
    Free Member

Definite for me unless mrshora goes into labour.

will
    Free Member

Yeh i'll be there.

skiprat
    Free Member

I get what you mean. I'll give yours a go though. I had a 18" Inbred before the Scandal so i know you can go throgh loads of frames trying to find the right one. Thing is, on-one dont have ones you can try so in some ways its just pot luck.

hora
    Free Member

I had a 18" Inbred for one ride. I really didnt like it- it was instant when I went down something 🙁

Pook

Yeah Saturday 13th, 10am Barber booth layby. More details closer to the time. Can't be doing with a 400 reply thread again!!

😀

hora – try this

thepodge
    Free Member

my ex army jacket has rally short arms. i could never use it for the bike but yours seems ok. maybe i have monkey arms.

robdob
    Free Member

Who's the idiot in the grey jacket with the downhill bike?

Tsk, some people eh? 😉

hora
    Free Member

Podge the brit one above seems longer when skippy let me try it on on Sat. My (German) one is the same- shortish arms. A sort of compromise.

thepodge
    Free Member

mine is a brit one, but its also massive in the body, dunno if its a seconds or what but it fits over me and a rucksack but has silly short arms. fine for walking, crap for the bike.

h4muf
    Free Member

Crackin photo`s chaps.

Gutted we missed the pub 😐

nbt

Pics mailing now: outbox is taking a while to clear as there's a few MB going. Don't sync your mobile with your email if you;ve asked for a pic!

hora
    Free Member

Like the sales in January we are waiting for the doors to open on Pooks new ride thread 😮

Podge, dear fellow. I remember you saying that you couldn't understand folk who bought lots of tyres 🙄

Pook

new thread opened.

thepodge
    Free Member

hora – Podge, dear fellow. I remember you saying that you couldn't understand folk who bought lots of tyres

yeah, i said that.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘STW Peaks pootlers – 23rd jan peaks loop?’ is closed to new replies.