• This topic has 200 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 201 total)
  • STW peaks meet 5th: Ladybower loop
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

I can't come as we've got the inlaws coming on Sat now 🙁 So it will be a short escape out somewhere early on Sat morn for me. I will defo be up for this kind of ride if it's organised again. And a holler out to the rest of the flatland dwellers we need to arrange something too!

sadexpunk

whereabouts do you live mr monkeychild? wolds ride is always an option sometime if you fancy somewhere closer?

will
    Free Member

Lyons – I can 100% guarantee that what you rode last time, has no changed so much do to erosion/water etc… that it will be liking riding a different trail.

lyons
    Free Member

really? I cant remember it very well anyway. I will try to make it… depends on whether i can get some bushings for my new frame… Or i may decide to just bring my hardtail, but its only got a 36 tooth front ring, so the climbs will be a bit tricky on it. I pulled the trek out from last week today, and every moving part feels like it has been filled with sand. Not good.

I should just bring the hardtail really, i'll fix it up properly tomorow.

Will – pook etc, anyone up for a pint on friday night, as i would be driving up then anyway, and i could then drive over in my van…

will
    Free Member

Potentially mate yeh. Need to see what time I finish work. If it's in good time then I was going to head up to sheff anyways. I'll let you know tomorrow.

james
    Free Member

"We'll stick the beast in and have a road spin to Rowlee farm….unless people want the hagg farm climb too?"

There is another way to go (all the way) down the beast, go up Rowlee Farm, not use the A57 or go back up to the top of the hill and get a sort of wall ride to have a quick muck about on:

will
    Free Member

good video location!

Pook

where's that?

will
    Free Member

god only knows lol

jackthedog
    Free Member

Good call James, I was going to suggest that little section. I know it as the aqueduct track (no idea why cos it's not really an aqueduct) Bit of a quagmire in places but it's better than the road.

Pook

jack – fancy showing us the link once we've tumbled down the beast?

jackthedog
    Free Member

Aye np.

will
    Free Member

be nice to find a new section. Recent weather update seems ok.

Pook

Jack, if it's been raining will the aqueduct be in full flow?

and anyone been over the Crookhill fields recently?

binners

Sorry guys, but due to a recent impulsive descision it looks like I'm not going to make it tomorrow.

I'll be saving up my brownie points for a weekend in Glentress next week to pick up my new toy from Alpine Bikes 🙂

I think Im about to get in trouble. A LOT of trouble

jackthedog
    Free Member

Jack, if it's been raining will the aqueduct be in full flow

I imagine so, yeah.

sadexpunk

will anyone have a phone with them? can i either have someones number, or a 'fairly' definite version of the start of the route, just in case theres any hitches or we're late or something. then we can catch up(?) or meet up somewhere?

hoping to be there before 10 tho 🙂

cheers

Pook

The definite place to meet is the car park on the east side of Ladybower, at 10am.

Here…..

We'll group, faff, then set off about 10.15am.

I'm on 07734 816671, but can't guarantee a signal!

sadexpunk

cheers 🙂

Pook

Chris (pook)
    Will
    Johnny Panic
    Erny
    AndyPaice
    Longstuff
    Lyons
    Benman
    Benman’s mate Dave
    James (transport permitting)
    Genester
    JacktheDog
    Hora
    Sadexpunk
    Sadexpunk’s mate
    DWH
    Ourkidsam hungover and blowing
    Muddydwarf
    Fallguy
    Rustylookingchain

The weather on the generally pessimistic BBC is looking good as well everyone!

rustielookinchain
    Free Member

if there's room for one more, i'd love to join in. I've got to drop stuff off at work first thing, so if i'm not there, don't hang around, i'll try to catch up 🙂

rustielookinchain
    Free Member

if there's room for one more, i'd love to join in. I've got to drop stuff off at work first thing, so if i'm not there, don't hang around, i'll try to catch up 🙂

konage
    Free Member

I'm in sadex's mate George

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

although i dont know any one here, i would have gladly tagged along for this one, but im not free until next saturday! doh! just out of interest as i usually start from hope, where is the car park you guys all meet? have you got a postcode for a sat nav to get there? may try one of the routes you guys are doing this weekend….is it free to park there also?

cheers!

mrsflash
    Free Member

we're still sorting out weekend plans but we're a maybe on this one. Will confirm yes / no tonight.

Pook

Didzy – it's here no postcode for you though, sorry.

Ginger and Mrs Flash – I'll put you on the maybe list!

😀

BadlyWiredDog

Me, me, me… maybe. But looking likely. Is that the car park next to the cattle grid btw, could someone stick an OS Grid Reference up please?

Pook

It's the Yorkshire Water car park.

Dark peak map 203859.

Try that. Or this….

mjb

I'll definitely be there this week, managed to finally get the bike sorted.

The carpark is called Heatherdene carpark and that bit of road has the postcode S33 0AZ

Pook

Cool – we're now up to 23…..
    😯

will
    Free Member

23 😆 Bloody hell!

I'll be going up tomorrow morning now due to a piss up in Nottingham being planned tonight. I will be tender… 🙄

Pook

OK all…. full details in this post

Meet here at 10am, to get going at about 10.15am
    Car park

To do this route:
    route (minus aqueduct alternative)

With these people:
    Chris (pook)
    Will
    Johnny Panic
    AndyPaice
    Longstuff
    Lyons
    Benman
    Benman’s mate Dave
    James (transport permitting)
    Genester
    JacktheDog
    Hora
    Sadexpunk
    Sadexpunk’s mate George
    DWH
    Ourkidsam hungover and blowing
    Muddydwarf
    Fallguy
    BadlyWiredDog
    Mjb

Gingerflash maybe
    MrsFlash maybe

Who will then be heading to this pub for grub/pint afterwards:
    The Ladybower

So see you all then. I'll be there just before 10.

Just from a common sense point of view – don't leave any valuables in the car etc as all this has been sorted on a public forum and any scally could take advantage.
    (thanks merlin for the warning!)

😀

erny
    Free Member

Sorry can't make it as I can't get out of work

SBrock
    Free Member

I don't want to put a downer on things but Heatherdene CP is a free one and as such will be pretty much be full by 10am – I have always used the Labybower Inn CP without problem – but I always go in for a post ride beer & chip butty afterwards!

Just something to think about!

Pook

There's lots of parking on the road too.

will
    Free Member

Main reason i'll be there at 9:30am 😉 There is however plenty of grass around the edge. Remember in summer one time the edge was also covered in cars, with no issues. So seeing as it will be crap weather and winter. I don't think it will be that bad…

SBrock
    Free Member

I want to come now…..got work though grrrr

will
    Free Member

I thought you were ill 😉

Pook

Excuses excuses

😉

SBrock
    Free Member

I think we should try and ride the Beast… even if it means adding a little section on! Such an iconic decent, seems daft to miss it out, also I want to see how people ride it, then I know if i'm any good
    Only ridden the Beast once and didn't think it was as hard as what people make out! Cavedale is harder! I would like to come on this but Im working this weekend – I'm free next weekend – typical eh!

nah always been working this weekend!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 201 total)

The topic ‘STW peaks meet 5th: Ladybower loop’ is closed to new replies.