Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • STW NYM Ride – Post ride pics and banter.
  • lowey

Rest of Pics here.

Superb day out, weather was perfect providing some stunning views. Excellent group as usual, the banter was top class. Deejays singletrack descent into Fangdale was just utterly sublime and great fun.

Cheers to all who turned up and made it a cracking ride out, and big thanks to Deejay for leading us so expertly.

ON a personal level, man I had to dig deep today. I've not been that knackered on a ride for years…. I could easily have burst into tears on that last climb.

Next one is 6th September, details will be posted this week.

fizzer
    Free Member

Cheers Dave superb pics on there pretty much sums it up

Shamefully I only took one and don't even know who the rider is, perhaps you can identify yourself?

Apologies for the crap quality took it on the phone – camera left on charge in kitchen doh

Keep me in the loop for the next ride – once it's confirmed I'll try to sort a kiddie weekend swap

Graham

fizzer
    Free Member

Oops forgot to paste photo – it's getting late yawn

Junkyard
    Free Member

you did looked **** but you made it….
    Nice atmosphere at the top of that climb …slag off the leader for the route and then just desperate silence from knackeed riders….

Grant is the rider on your picture who also managed to notice his fallen comrades whilst we were in the pub unaware 😳

PS anyone got a Park mud clearing tool I dropped mine 😉

hp_source

Another excellent ride yesterday, cheers to Deejay for organising that route, even that last hill!!!

The photo's are great, doesn't quite get across how gloopy the first but was 😆

Cheers to everyone that turned up, it was a good laugh. I bet that landlord at Hawnby loved us lot dropping mud all over his bar too.

Keith

ton

i am running on empty this morning……….time for carbo replenishment 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I think we trippled the Landlords profit for the Year yesterday.. 😯

I took my boots off to go in, needn't have bothered mind.

Vortexracing

Great day again lads.

You need to let me know how the hell you manage to get the weather spot on for every one of these rides.

Aching like buggery now but managed to pick Tom up from the Pub (He wasn't p1$$ed, I think i would have been if it had been me).

looking forward to the 6th of September

I think i'll print this off and put it on the mantlepiece to stop my 5 year old going near the fire.

Only kidding Johnny. (We don't have a mantlepiece) 🙂

How do hell do i get that photo bigger?

lowey

I think you have linked to the thumbnail as oposed to the main pic….

I agree though…. mean looking fooker ….

I also am a bit jaded today… slept the sleep of the righteous though last night.

mrsflash
    Free Member

🙁

TrevorB

mrsflash, how are you both today, we missed the cake fest. (As well as the extra company of course :wink:)

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Brilliant day out! Top company and lucky once again with the weather.

Big thanks to Deejay for a great route.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Rich now has a full on cold and is feeling pretty rotten. Thinking back it was a bit silly of him to come as he'd had the worst week with his back that he's had in a long time – loads of spasms where he gets stuck, but we just hoped it would last the day.

I'm not entirely sure what we're going to do with all the cake we have now! there's rather a lot of very rich chocolate & orange cake with chocolate ganache topping and candied orange peel. And happy birthday candles 😉

Vortexracing

any clues or shortlist?

and mrsf, did you really have to go into that level of description of the cake we missed? I'm starving now. 🙂

Hope GF gets better soon.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Vortexracing – Member

any clues or shortlist?

There was mention of a local one that included Lee Quarry..

Starting out in Waterfoot..

lowey

Yep.. thats is Nick. Just waiting for some details from Graham (you slacker) and I'll post it up.

w1lksy
    Free Member

Does anyone have a route map of the ride at all please? Thanks.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

lowey – Member
    Yep.. thats is Nick. Just waiting for some details from Graham (you slacker) and I'll post it up.

Sounds like another epic day out is in order… 😀

mrsflash
    Free Member

sadly vortex, his back seems to be a medical mystery at the moment. No one from GP to Neurologist to Osteopath seems to have a clue what the problem is and don't know where to send him next. He has another MRI in September but then after that my BUPA stops as I get it with my job and am losing my job so we're back to NHS waiting lists.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Vortexracing

Not good new's then, sorry to hear about the job, probably the last thing you need, what with Rich's back problems as well.

keep your chin up, it will all work out in the end I'm sure

mrsflash
    Free Member

Cheers Vortex, sorry went off on one then, on a bit of a downer today 🙁 You're right though, I'll all sort itself out somehow.

Vortexracing

here are some of my photos

Tom admiring Fizzers silly light bike (20.9lbs!!!)

the big lad himself, after a horrible last climb (you sod deejay)

Tom when we realised the rear wheel was dead. Luckily he got to stay at the pub drinking.

Lowey showing off his bunnyhopping skills

I'm sure there must be a caption for this one

the rest are here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17059060@N00/sets/72157621934693884/

cheers

Dave

DeeJay
    Free Member

Thank you for the comments – and I thought you all hated me for that last climb 😉

My pix are on flickr but the site has a problem at the moment – will link them up when it bursts back to life.

MrsF – Sorry you had to drop out – hope he is soon feeling himself again 🙄 – we were very worried that we might not have enough cake but Wharfedale's carrot cake saved the day!

fizzer
    Free Member

That last climb was ace, came just at the right time 🙂

Pity the altitude training will have worn off by the time I type this 🙁

The pics seem to be working now.

Must remember camera on next ride.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Here are my photos of the day

click pic for more

mrsflash
    Free Member

Deejay he is feeling very sorry for himself that's for sure! 😆

marsdenman
    Free Member

looks like i missed a good (if tough!!) 'un….. 😀

Yours truly was on the M5 'twice' that day – left Taunton to be home in time for tea, almost to the M6 when my mate realised he'd left kit in my car – he had to be away on honeymoon and I needed to get home as well, so 'split the differnce' meeting back at Bristol before that de-ja vu feeling in heading north again………. 🙄
    Finally home at 11.30, big sleep, quick pack on off to Barcelona for 4 days so not all bad…… 😀

Oh, and yes, 6th Sept, will have to check if current commitments can be changed, if not I'll be missing that one as well…. 😥

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘STW NYM Ride – Post ride pics and banter.’ is closed to new replies.