Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • STW Northern Meet @ Hamsterley
  • tomlevell

Noted in the diary but no promises.

colnagokid

12ths good for me, not too early tho eh? 😉

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m in

jonb
    Free Member

Maybe, club rides on sunday anyway, depends what they’ve got planned.

Out of interest, any Newcastle people on here, do you ride with MAC/NMBC? I know we have some poster…

miketually
    Free Member

We’ll be piggybacking onto the usual Hamsterley Trailblazers club ride:

Sunday 12 July 2009 10.30am – Monthly Club Ride

Meet in the Bike Hire Car Park, Hamsterley Forest for guided bike ride. Free, except for Forest parking charge. All abilities and non-members welcome (ride will split as necessary according to ability.) Under 18’s welcome if accompanied by responsible adult. (Ride being led by Trailblazer members Mat Clark and Mike McTimoney ‘Miketually.’)

xherbivorex
    Free Member

provisionally, yes. plus one or two.

dr_death
    Free Member

I’m in (I think).

p.s. I’m over 18 but still need to be accompanied by a responsible adult – any volunteers?

p.p.s. jonb – I’ve ridden with them a couple of times but usually ride with Nodrog, Paulosoxo and Billybull from around these parts. You’d be more than welcome to join us if you’re looking for rides?

miketually
    Free Member

Looks like we have a plan and some riders then!

dr_death
    Free Member

So, 12th it is; what time and whereabouts and who’s in; what do they ride; what car are they in so we know who to look out for….

I thought 10ish, on a black Ellsworth/cotic soda (depends on which ones cleanest), and driving a black golf….

miketually
    Free Member

We’re piggybacking on the HTB club ride, that I was down to be helping to lead anyway. 10:30 in the car park in front of the bike hire place.

I’ll be on a grungy-looking Inbred.

Would be good if a couple of others who know the forest reasonably well could volunteer to lead as well, in case we have a few different ability groups..

dr_death
    Free Member

So, 10:30 it is….

Who else is in??

I know the black run reasonably well, (plus some additional bits) but not been for a while so don’t know the new bits. We’re there on Sunday and Monday this weekend though so will have a mooch about and find some of the new bits plus going with someone who knows them so will get the inside knowledge.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Bring the xc bike on monday Death and we can do the xc/new/sneaky bits.

miketually
    Free Member

Okay, two weeks to go. In case we need to arrange more guides, can people give me an indication of whether they are still intending to come on the 12th?

colnagokid

I’ll be there, pos with one or two others. Wont get lost so can guide/ sweep up. Dont know the latest bits tho.

miketually
    Free Member

Thanks colnagokid. GreyhoundJim has offered to do the same.

white101

I’ll be there, depsite the protests from the leg dept.

miketually
    Free Member

List so far (only people who replied since date decided added):

miketually
    dr_death
    colnagokid (+2?)
    white101
    greyhoundjim
    xherbivorex +2 (maybe)
    paulsoxo
    tomlevell (maybe)
    jonb

miketually
    Free Member

*bump*

Anyone else?

colnagokid

er colnago & greyhound are both me! sorry Mike! 😳

jimmy

I’m keen to do this but preferably sharing lifts from Edinburger. Anyone from round this way fancy heading down? Gonna put a seperate post up if thats OK, doubt it would attract massive numbers to throw the plans off kilter…

Drac

Possibly in for it.

miketually
    Free Member

miketually
    dr_death
    colnagokid (+2?)
    white101
    xherbivorex +2 (maybe)
    paulsoxo
    tomlevell (maybe)
    jonb
    jimmy
    drac

transit
    Free Member

I’m gonna come to this one!

SeanOrange
    Free Member

I’ll speak to a couple of guys to see what is possible (Hamsterly regulars). Put me down for a maybe.

user-removed
    Free Member

Jimmy – I’m driving from E’borough that day and will be totally up for this, but you’d have to make your own way back up North.

Was up Hamsterley last night and the new red bit – proper grin making after a few hours in twilight woods where you can’t quite see what’s coming…..

And I chickened out of the bombhole, so promised myself to go back during the daylight hours!

Please count me in.

miketually
    Free Member

miketually
    dr_death
    colnagokid (+2?)
    white101
    xherbivorex +2 (maybe)
    paulsoxo
    tomlevell (maybe)
    jonb
    jimmy
    drac
    transit
    SeanOrange (maybe)
    user-removed

17 so far. Anyone else?

miketually
    Free Member

There was a little bit on rain up there last Wednesday:

Hamsterley 1 July 09 1
    Hamsterley 1 July 09 2
    Hamsterley 1 July 09 3

Mad!

BillyBull
    Free Member

Boo hoo. Jammy buggers

colnagokid

"Latest from Hamsterley"
    trails are in pretty good condition, few BIG puddlles about, LOT of flood damage on the road down by the Grange, my mate Lee fell in the river at the ford on the black 😆
    See ya sunday!

miketually
    Free Member

I was up there on Sunday. I rode the Black to the end of the descent after the Root 666 climb, then the new line where the black will eventually go down the hill (much more gradual descent, making much better use of the height gained). Then followed the Black to the DH huts, where I went up to the 4X start and rode the new Section 13 and then picked up the black again to the end. Nipped back and did Section 13 again before going home, because I liked it so much.

See you Sunday.

miketually
    Free Member

*bump*

See you all in 26 hours.

Drac

Just in case I do get is 10.30am main car park?

white101

I think 10.30 was the plan

dr_death
    Free Member

Yup, 10:30 main car park….

Hopefully today's sun will dry things up a little…

colnagokid

Gonna p down tonight tho' by the forecast, just cleaned me bike-so it defo rain 😉

jonb
    Free Member

I'll be the one limping around the carpark. Are we going to have a group for people who got lost on Saturday and added extra miles to their road ride…

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I'm out. Sorry

colnagokid

ooh whats wrong ? I was going to offer you a lift

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Started a new job last week, need to be in Leeds for 9:00 on Monday, for a dragons den style presentation, haven't really mastered the presentation, haven't been on a bike for weeks, lazy,

the list goes on 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer by the way.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘STW Northern Meet @ Hamsterley’ is closed to new replies.