Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 126 total)
  • STW Northern Chapter Ride – 19th September – Calderdale Classic
  • binners

erm…. what time are we starting? And where. Do you reckon I'll be able to get back to manc by three. If not I'll do the majority then dart off early

I'm till planning on coming and breathing stale beer fumes all over you lot. You lucky lucky….. 🙂

justme
    Free Member

me n ton it is then
    binners youve more chance of being struck by lightning than being back in manc by three
    anymore cakes turning up jonny teagirl?
    g

grumm
    Free Member

Feeling a bit ropey again but I'm still hoping to make it for this.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chico
    Free Member

3 more here if thats ok.

clareymorris

I think we are still up for it……..me, Gav, Annie too 😀

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Have fun Ms Morris – I'm in Keswick after all so won't be joining you 🙂

clareymorris

Bugger – will just have to catch up on Tues 😀

eth3er
    Free Member

Room for one from Sheffield if anyone needs a lift up.

GavinB

Dependant on whether I manage to paint the kitchen tomorrow, I'll be there!

I've only ridden around Hebden a few times, so it will be cool to get some local knowledge.

Kahurangi

Alright folks, still hoping I'm feeling well enough to pootle round with you…

I'll find some parking in Hebden (maybe visitor centre) for about 9:30 the cruise round till I see a bunch of folks on bikes 8)

Probably won't have time to do any baking to bring though, that'll have to wait till we meet again.

chico
    Free Member

is this still on as met check.com says light rain all day.

ton

no, we are waiting till next june now for 85degrees wall to wall sunshine………. 🙄 😉

or maybe…………………

chico
    Free Member

lol. ill get one of those. see ya tomorrow. just didnt want to turn up and end up billy no mates.

teagirl
    Free Member

I thought Norwegian jumpers were more your scene, Tony?

Anyhow, lots of excuses prevent me and the old ladies from joining you all tomorrow, so I hope Cafe Cali can provide cake refreshment.

Watch out for hundreds of bikers doing Mary Townley and Bronte Big K, it'll be crowded out there!

DeeJay
    Free Member

Have a good'un – I shall be thinking of you while I'm working 😥

igm

Read the forecast – at least we'll see every variety of rain…

taka
    Free Member

tis raining pack yer waterproofs 😉 lol

eth3er
    Free Member

phone number anyone? just in case in case I get lost. This is likely 🙂

brant
    Free Member

it is rather damp out there today. have fun though.

yoshimi

So this is still happening?

Kahurangi

Sorry guys I've bailed. If I'm poorly enough that I'm not sleeping properly I don't want to be sharing it with you good lot (and driving 2.5 hrs each way for the pleasure).

Enjoy it, I wish I was out.

trout
    Free Member

even with my name its stop at home weather as going from light rain to monsoon and back every half hour in Silsden

But dont want to put the dampeners on Have a great ride 😛

elaineanne
    Free Member

have fun people its gona be busy out there today wot with the hundreds of mary towley loop riders too…. take care people its rubbish conditions…

hora
    Free Member

Its not too bad. I rode round there yesterday morning and it was damp (from previous rain) but grippy.

igm

That was damp.

But good.

Washing on.

About to order curry.

Iain (on the red 456)

GavinB

That was wet, but it sometimes is the ideal way to persuade yourself to get out and ride, knowing that there’ll be others sharing the suffering!

Good fun riding, and really good to put a few names to faces.

Gavin (on the BFe)

dale
    Free Member

enjoyed the wet and the group ,though couldnt see through my glasses for most of it 😉 (dale on a dale)

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol apparently some guy on the Mary townley loop today lost his contact lense out there- he found it and struggling to get it back in from the muddy surface-urgh !

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Cheers all.
    Group ride was good motivation (if any were needed) to brave the elements and get out and ride 🙂

Damp, yes … but meeting new folk out on two wheels is always worthwhile.

Ian (on the blue spesh h/t)

LoveTubs
    Free Member

A outstandingly damp, yet warm experience.

I’d like to publicly declare my undying love for Nick (RM Blizz) who towed me along the, funnily enough, tow path back – you can be my wing man any day 🙂

I did try to find the cafe for tea and medals but after fudging up the one way a couple of times I lost the will a bit…v sorry as it was defo my round for coffee and cake.

Ergo Nick, email me with address(richardu@tiscali.co.uk) and I’ll post up a gift as return for your efforts 🙂

Looking forward to meeting up again.

Rich

clareymorris

Great to catch up with old names and put faces to new names……and to have a couple of good guinnesses(i) in the pub afterwards.

Looking forward to the KS ride next month, I may bring a wetsuit, and a sail.

Superstar order going in NOW!

Clare (Red Orange)

GaVgAs
    Free Member

It was a great ride with a top bunch of mountainbikers,thanks to Clare for baking,and Graham and mates for leading the route.

I have just pulled the bike out of the van and its kinda disolved a bit,no brake pads,the chains hangin, and sand everywhere!…wtfs that all about!!

*Superstar order IN*

(Gav whiteish browny coloured commencal) 😉

grumm
    Free Member

Sorry to miss one of these yet again – I was actually in Hebden Bridge anyway but a combination of still not being very well and horrid weather meant I didn’t get out of bed this morning. One day…

izakimak
    Free Member

nice too see you all.
    I was surprised to see so many turn out given the weather. it’s a good job we only went to the pub at the end cause i don’t think too many of us would have ventured out again otherwise.

love tubs: no worries, i’ve been eating for two for the last couple of day’s so it’s about time i rode for two.

Nick (rm blizzard)

eth3er
    Free Member

Thank you for the great ride, the cakes, the smiles and putting up with the not so fast.
    Nice warm welcoming people, funny too. Nice to put names and faces; some of you were oh so gorgeous (I’m looking at you ton).
    I also like how no one has mentioned the helmet thing. Blazing saddles the very bestest bicycling merchants in the whole of everywhere.

keitu (blue intense)

igm

Clarey – thanks for the pads reminder. I changed a set just before the lunch stop and they’d gone by the end of the ride. My order now also in.

yoshimi

Sorry I had to bail but don’t think my legs could do much more, thanks to the guy that came back for me and dragged me up the road before I got off, didn’t get your name but couldn’t have done it without you. Good to meet all of you and will see you soon after I’ve got some miles done.
    Cheers Danny (grey 5 spot at the back!)
    Keitu hope you enjoyed our 10 mile time trial back to the cars:)

clareymorris

Danny you missed the flapjack!!! I’ll make some more for next time 🙂

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

just goes to show it’s always good to get out whatever the sky chucks at you , that was good fun if a little moist .nice to meet you all and have the crack , rkid that was the best going over the wall manouvre with half-pike and back flip that I’ve seen for a while, and yes my brake pads don’t exist anymore either

Mart

black orange

hp_source

What are brake pads?????

Excellent ride again, can’t beat a bit of grit in the eyes and a river in your shoes to make a downhill interesting. The two of us that cleared off just after the golf club ended up doing the first stretch from the New Delight down to Hebden again but downhill!! it was ace, if a little scary with only a front brake.

Can’t beleive there was flapjack and I missed it… next time!!!

Cheers
    Keith
    (Red/White Trek)

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘STW Northern Chapter Ride – 19th September – Calderdale Classic’ is closed to new replies.