Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • STW Northern Chapter
  • Mugboo

Hope you guys enjoyed todays ride, you couldn't have got a better day for it.

There are a potential 365 days riding in a year, ok maybe we can knock Xmas day off so 364.

I'm here asking for just 6 hrs of one of those days. I'm recruiting for Novembers Stainburn dig day.

I'm sure most have ridden there and if not why not? Projects at the moment are finishing the descent line extension and clearing up in Norwood after the felling. And obviously we have maintainence on everything else as well.

So i'm asking for two things please

1. Your attendence on Sunday Nov 1st
    2. That you let me know if your coming so we can plan the work for the day

All you need is boots/gloves/food/drinks. If we get decent numbers we may need extra tools which is why i need a roll call.

Any questions just ask.

Your local trails need you, they don't build themselves..

Cheers Jason

http://www.singletraction.org.uk/index.php

ton

mentioned it to the group today mate……..
    keep posting the date..

Mugboo

Thanks Ton, you up for it?

Mugboo

Bump

ton

i may be mate…
    will let you know

Mugboo

Anbody else?

DeeJay
    Free Member

Mugboo – the date for the next chapter ride was discussed at the end of yesterday and it will be planned for the 1st Nov – sorry.

Mugboo

Ok Deejay, how about you pick any first Sunday in the month. Lets say Dec 6th. That'll give folks 2 months notice to keep their calender clear and for you and Ton to drum up some interest.

I ain't asking for much, chances are the riding will be muddy by then and you might suprise yourselves by how much pleasure it gives you.

How many times on yesterdays ride did you find yourselves having a laugh and talking about bikes, that pretty much somes up a day at Stainburn.

What do you think or am i pi$$ing in the wind? Are people like, well i might be up for that or not till hell freezes over??

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

is it a secret where it is ?

Mugboo

No Simon, Stainburns no secret, the offer extends to the Bogtrotters as well if you fancy a change. We might even get some decent photo's then…

Kramer
    Free Member

I think that you're as likely to put people off as recruit them with your current tactics.

ton

cant do 6th dec stw hard ba5tards ride at gt and inners with some hard ba5tards…. 😉

Mugboo

Sorry Kramer my tactics aren't mean't to offend anybody. I have been struggling with the subtle approach (it hasn't resulted in any extra diggers) so i wondered if the direct approach with one or two STW regulars would have any effect.

I am neither pushy or demanding just frustrated by apathy, we'll still be digging whatever and the only difference is the length of time it will take to create new stuff.

I am open to any idea's you may have on generating better numbers though. What would get you to a dig day? How would i best approach/entice you?

vinnyeh

Feel for you there mate, usual story isn't it. Nobody's got the time to put anything back into their sport.
    Have you thought that maybe they're too scared that after a bit of work there that somebody'll suggest a few runs which may prove a bit embarassing for them? 😆

Loads of people say that they'd not pay to ride a trail centre, but in my mind Stainburn is one, and if folks don't want to pay, it's volunteers that do the work.

I'd help, but sadly I'm a couple hundred miles away. 😆

stumpyjon

Sorry, my spade time is pretty commited to Gisburn, but I know where you're coming from, plenty of riders, not enough builders.

Mugboo

Thing is Stumpy & Vinny i just love mountain biking, i love talking about it, riding locally or the National Parks/Trail centres and i love putting something back.

When i'm out locally walking the dog i'm generally armed with tools to keep my local stuff in good nick and often spend time making lines that don't quite work, work.

As you know creating stuff is almost as good as riding, and riding stuff you've created is especially sweet. I obviously can't make anybody do anything they don't want but i can surely ask.

And once again i'm totally open to any suggestions on ways to attract more builders.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

No Simon, Stainburns no secret, the offer extends to the Bogtrotters as well if you fancy a change. We might even get some decent photo's then…

what I meant is, the website doesn't seem to tell us where Stainburn IS :o) Having seen the excellent work done by volunteers in Gisburn I'm all in favour of the idea, but I'm temperamentally unsuited to the task…

Mugboo

Simon, click on the quick link for Stainburn on the homepage and then 'directions & location'

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘STW Northern Chapter’ is closed to new replies.