Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 220 total)
  • STW Motorbike rideout
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

I’ll say Yes to that!

Hopefully Shedbrewed and oldgrump08 and Dickyboy and all the other bikes currently tucked away for the winter can make it too.

Those roads were just stunning.

Can’t wait to go back…

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Sounds great, I love bends! More pics?

I’m hoping to get out tomorrow morning and explore some of my planned route west – closest I can get to joining you!

If the next STW Rideout is a couple or 3 hours away think I’ll ride over the evening before and stay in a pub………….. 🙂

AndyRT
    Free Member

Sorry, we spent too much time riding to take more pics… 😀

Hope your ride goes well. See you in the Spring

superfli
    Free Member

Back at last. Pizza in oven, beer on table and MOTD ready on the tele….phew am knackered!

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Yay!!

AndyRT
    Free Member

Glad you got home ok. Was it under your own steam?

superfli
    Free Member

Yup cheers. The AA guy rewired the rear light direct to the batt with fuse. Put another 10amp fuse in anyway, but the fuse never went all the way home?! Maybe it is the rear light, but its original and has chunky connectors+wiring… I’ll have to keep riding it for a while and hopefully it will blow+get an auto electrician to look at it.

Morestead rd at 11pm and very wet wasnt much fun, think it was the slowest I’ve been down there.

AndyRT
    Free Member

It was sketchy in that mist. But somehow the bends in Hampshire just don’t seem so challenging now

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Morestead rd at 11pm and very wet wasnt much fun, think it was the slowest I’ve been down there..

Oh dear…. We were hoping you got home OK. I think you’re right though, that bike needs to be taken to a proper auto electrician, and if it’s that new regulator that’s at fault, send Suzuki the bill!

We had a good day, we got home about 7.25pm, straight in the shower and straight out, hence the late reply!

Some fantastic roads than the Cafe was good too. Pity about the rain, but that’s what you get fgor going to Welsh Wales in October I suppose!

This will have to happen again 🙂

Same pic as everyone else!

IMG_2535 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

And I need to clean the bike again now!

IMG_2544 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

AndyRT
    Free Member

I just wanted to thank Gilo for guiding us on such a brilliant route. The weather decided to show us who’s boss, but it was a great day.

I think a reunion ride in the spring is a fantastic idea, and would love to ride down the Wye valley without all that traffic.

Cheers everyone for coming, and see you all soon

Dickyboy

Sounds like you had a good time, I’ll be along in the spring 🙂

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

AndyRT – Member
    I just wanted to thank Gilo for guiding us on such a brilliant route

No problem mate, glad everyone enjoyed themselves. I do feel very lucky to have such superb roads (almost) on the doorstep.

Happy to show people round any time 🙂

Zedsdead
    Free Member

You guys need to head up to my place (that there Scotland). I’ll gladly show you some of the best roads around – if you can keep up…

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Guys I’m pleased you made it out. What route did you get on?
    I had got a free pass out for the Saturday and then last Tuesday began to feel a bit under the weather. This progressed to a lot under the weather and on Thursday my GP had me ambulanced to the local hospital Emergency assessment Unit, where I spent several days. I was discharged and got home last night and have been ordered to stay in and recover with no public contact for 48 hrs.
    Sorry I missed you.

superfli
    Free Member

****, beats my man flu I had last week then! Hope you are feeling a little better! We did wonder where you had got to, as your route looked pretty good. Aka_Gilo leaded us on a route upto Abergavenny/Brecon/Upper+lower Chappel (nice road!)/Talgarth for lunch, and then Monmouth. A good route and very well lead, much appreciated.
    Weather wasnt great, especially with racetecs on, so I had to ride pretty steady in the wet. Bike broke on way home and I didnt get back till 11pm! My back is still killing me, after lots of hours on bike, so off to Chiro tomorrow for some cracking.

Next year in the sunshine would be a good choice 🙂

AndyRT
    Free Member

Shedbrewed, I’m glad you’re feeling better!

I was commenting to a friend that the sheep in the Brecons seem to have better road-sense than most of the Hampshire Locals.

If nothing else, being led round your roads is a damn fine excuse for a ride in the Spring 😀

Superfli will have time to see sense and buy the only reliable solution:

An Italian twin….you know you want to 😆

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about your health problems shedbrewed, hope you can make the next ride in the Spring. I rode the bulk of your route today with a mate who lives in Abergavenny – it’s a cracker. The bit between Talgarth and Chocs Away was new to me – I loved it and will spend a fair bit of time getting to know those roads better next Summer. The bit around the reservoir didn’t really do it for me, though the roads were greasy as hell with wet leaves which didn’t help.

A few pics from the Top Gear road:

superfli
    Free Member

Top gear rd, is that the Upper/Lower Chapel rd? That was a corker, lots of peaks, troughs and bends! Still havent got my sportsbike out since. Its filthy, needs elecs sorting, and the trailie is more fun in this anyway lol!

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

superfli – Member
    Top gear rd, is that the Upper/Lower Chapel rd? That was a corker, lots of peaks, troughs and bends! Still havent got my sportsbike out since. Its filthy, needs elecs sorting, and the trailie is more fun in this anyway lol!

No, the Top Gear road is near Crickhowell, near the top of the valley above the A40. It’s a belter.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

A better day than over here! Looking forward to leaf-free roads now….

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 220 total)

The topic ‘STW Motorbike rideout’ is closed to new replies.