Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • STW midlands meet up? – Cannock Chase!
  • jekkyl

Anyone fancy a midlands meet up at Cannock one weekend? We could ask a forum member to lead us out on an off piste route so we don’t clog up the donkey, but I’m sure we could end up doing the main trails anyway.
    Sign below if you wanna join and we’ll see if we can sort out a date.
    🙂

bigblackshed

I might well be up for it. Depends on when really. I work a good chunk of weekends, but if it falls right then yes.

Single speed mincing though. 😉

daveg81
    Free Member

I’m in, although bloody unfit at mo! Heading up this Sunday if anyone’s about.

cnud
    Free Member

Yep, I’d tag along at the back

alexpalacefan

Me too please 🙂
    On or off piste, geared or SS, I’m easy.
    APF

kinda666
    Free Member

I’ve heard Alex…

alexpalacefan

🙂
    APF

icarus
    Free Member

I’m up for this as well

postierich
    Free Member

What a great idea invite loads of newbies to trash your cheeky trails 😯

whisky711
    Free Member

What he said. ^^^^

whisky711
    Free Member

Cannock off-piste is not going to respond well to a gazillion tyres this time of year. And no I haven’t ridden it since October.

crossland
    Free Member

Im in, any idea on dates?

jekkyl

Well if we get tens of people wanting to come along we’ll have to rethink it, when I thought of the idea I thought we’d be lucky to get maybe 8-10 people. We’ll see how it goes I guess. Come with solutions not problems 😀

shindiggy
    Free Member

I’m already riding up there on Saturday night, but sticking to the main trails. Not been dry for long enough to ride anything cheeky.

rOcKeTdOg

If I’m free I’ll pop along

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’m in if I’m invited.

colournoise

Tempted depending on dates.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Would be interested.
    Would have to be a Sunday.
    Mite ask for a cheeky lift if possible?
    Max

sl80
    Free Member

I rode some of the quieter off piste stuff on Saturday (first time since December) and conditions were fine. I can’t see a small group ride doing any more damage than a normal weekend up there.

jamj1974

Cannock off-piste is not going to respond well to a gazillion tyres this time of year. And no I haven’t ridden it since October.

Depends on which trails. Some of the off-piste is holding up very well and others not so. Obviously the loamy stuff under the trees has been pretty wet but the more gravelly, sandy and heathland trails have been pretty good. Obviously, I have been avoiding the loamy bits!

jamj1974

double post

jekkyl

Seems like the idea is a winner. We can sort out a route yet.
    How about a provisional date of either Sunday 10th or 24th of April?

dawson

tempted – will check diary

alexpalacefan

10th suits me.
    APF

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Yep, I’m up for it, good shout.

lunge

Hmm, tempted, but I may need to bring a CX bike.

rOcKeTdOg

10th should be ok

JAG

I’m in – date and pass-out dependant of course 🙄

rOcKeTdOg

What date is MTBmeetUP? If you do it that day the chase will be quieter as all the free loaders will be at llandegla

jekkyl

as regards route, I feel it would probably be better if we ended over the other side of the A460 so we could end with upper and lower cliff (as they’re the best parts) but all the best carparks are along birches valley. The biggest carpark is at the junc of penkridge bank road and Marquis drive at the white house.
    Here: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=399352&y=316360&z=120&sv=399352,316360&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=772&ax=399352&ay=316360&lm=0

If anyone wants to sort out a route,,, feel free. I’m not very much aware of the off piste stuff, the chase is pretty dry at the mo and I suspect will be a lot dryer in a month. Try to get in as much altitude as possible, since there is so little. A route between 15-20 miles, bout 3 hours would be ideal.

jekkyl

Home

the 24th april.

sprocker
    Free Member

I may be able to get along, no help on off piste though

I_Ache
    Free Member

Why is it that whenever these things come up I’m busy. I have my daughters birthday party on the 10th. I even know a bit of an off piste loop, it would probably be a bit crap this time of year tho.

Rosss
    Free Member

I could be up for this too date dependant

prawny

I’d love to come along to something like this but I’m time limited to about 8.30 in the morning 🙄

Still, probably the best time for the chase on a sunday is 6 – 8.30, it’s chaos the rest of the day.

donkeydave

I could be up for this as long as you dont mind waiting for someone who has not rode for 6 months 😳

OrangeLad
    Free Member

I’d be up for it depending on the date.

Will probably be bringing up the rear due to lack of time in the saddle.

rOcKeTdOg

We can’t all ride at the back! 🙂

bombjack
    Free Member

I’ll be in representing the East Nothants massive.
    Shotgun not at the back!

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Jekkyl any room for one more? I could make the 10th. It would be good to finally meet up with some of the Singletrackworld people. Cheers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘STW midlands meet up? – Cannock Chase!’ is closed to new replies.