Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • STW Meet – Roadie flavour
  • aracer
    Free Member

What is this roadie thing you speak of? Do you mean darkside?

GJP
    Free Member

oldgit – Member
    For those that are a
    [b]bit bi[/b], I nearly always ride off road Saturday either in Woburn or Ashridge. And Sunday is road day.
    Always happy to have riders tag along with me either day.
    My mountainbiking is xc and road is well road.

What STW cycle exclusion on the grounds of sexuality

Junkyard
    Free Member

i do it the other way round old git but it is too far for me being up north.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Thought on a possible route?

Starts at Vernham Dean with cafe stop after 40 miles and a nice pub to finish with. Bang on 60 miles.

The route has some tough climbs (Combe Gibet, Pewsey Hill) as well as some good fast decents. GPX File available if you want a closer look.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Wokingham -> Bognor Regis (replacing oxford -> chichester)

12th March 2011, meet 9:00am for a 9:30 start.

Well, using google maps set to ‘walking’ as a provisional route finder, Wokingham (free Parking at my house) -> Bognor Regis is 50 Miles, so including a few detours to avoid major roads and fords etc say 55-60miles. Which should be doable at ~15mph for just about anyone without breaking a sweat.

People can either then catch a train back (~£16 IIRC) or turn arround for the return leg. To help we could aim for a -ve split, averageing 14-15mph on the way out and 16-17mph on the return leg. If the numbers are high enough the outbound leg could have 2 groups so people have the option of the shorter/faster ride as well as shorter/slower and longer/faster.

Stick your name down and which group your aiming for and whether you have a GPS so we can make sure there’s at least 1 in each group. Mail me for gps files and address of the meeting point, as I’m not posting my home address on t’internet.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I’d be up for this except i’m in edinburgh and its a long way to go for a 50mile ride 😥

Can we have a Scottish one too?

DrP

Thisisnotaspoon – put my name down, I’ll pencil it in the diary, but have yet to receive my rota, so obviously if I’m working I’ll have to pull out, and you can all go home crying…..

DrP

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Wokingham to Bogner is a long way from where the OP lives. 😕

Having said that, I would probably be up for both.

@MM – where you thinking of having the tea break?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

There’s a Garden Centre with a cafe just before Pewsey at Woodborough. Sometimes stop there on a club ride. They do nice cakes and the Pub in Vernham to finish with.

Philby

I’d be up for joining MM’s circular route in Wilts and Berks – looks fun!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Wasn’t trying to hijack the OP’s ride, I’ll probably do both pending aproval from the the chief free time and financial controller and fun restrictor.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon, go ahead with yours on the date you’ve planned and if there’s a good response then i’ll lead one around the end of April.
    Count me in BTW.

thomthumb
    Free Member

tinas – you have no email in your profile….

chipps

Any riders north of Birmingham then? Or just me and Sue?

monsta
    Free Member

MM, when you get to Marlborough you could do a nice little sprint through the High Street (ten abreast at least…) then take the right fork past the town hall, and head through the town to the A4. Climb up the A4 into Savernake Forest, past the hospital on the right. Take the left about a half a mile further on and it takes you northwards out of the forest onto the scarp. You’ll drop down a nice little switch-back with a short, sharp descent down to meet with Chopping Knife lane. From there, join back on to the road to Ramsbury.

oldgit
    Free Member

Any riders north of Birmingham then? Or just me and Sue?

Yeah I know, it’s even making me feel over all Northern 😐

steve_b77
    Free Member

oldgit – I’m North of Brum, Cheshire in fact – well at weekends anyway, rest of the time I’m in West London.

The suggested route is 84 miles from me in London, can’t we do something that rides out from this neck of the woods and maybe a Northern version too?

oldgit
    Free Member

Steve_b77 I’m on the Beds/Bucks border so still a fair way from you. Great riding here,the local hills were always a feature of the old Milk race, I never tire of it.

PeteG55
    Free Member

I’d be up for the Marlborough ride. Count me in for that.

aP
    Free Member

I’ll do a nice steady ride out from west London. Nothing fancy, no histrionics, some hills, cruise back in – maybe a pint after.

LardLover
    Free Member

dirtygirlonabike – Member

I’d be up for this except i’m in edinburgh and its a long way to go for a 50mile ride

Can we have a Scottish one too?

Scottish Borders/Northumberland??? Anyone??

DezB
    Free Member

I’d just like to say. Count me OUT.

😀

(have fun you weirdos!)

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Dez, I thought you’d be the first on the list considering your love of Road Bikes!! 😉

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

We had a scottish road ride maybe two years ago – a recce of the etape route. Was a good ride. Reckon a meet in the Borders would be good, there’s quite a few scottish roadies on here.

chipps

So, that’s a south/S.E. and a Northern and a Scottish meet sorted. 🙂

So, northern chapter. Same weekend? (When was it again?) – No, where? The Dales or the Cheshire Plains?

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’m up for the MM ride

What date’s you thinking?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Tricky, I’ll be starting a new thread sometime today detailing everything. I was thinking towords the end of April so it doesn’t clash with TINOS’s date.

LardLover
    Free Member

Where abouts in the Borders?? There’s a nice loop going over Carter Bar to Hawick, then returning via Kielder??

Otterburn (ok, not the Borders but canny close) – Carter Bar – Hawick (ish) – Kielder – Bellingham – Otterburn.

A nice little leg burner that one!

Come on then you Northumbeland/Newcastle/Scottish lot, anyone else??

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I’d be up for that Mulletus- I live on your route.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Mulletus Maximus

Is this ride still going ahead?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Sorry, I’ve been a bit slack with this. 😳

I’ll post a new thread today to confirm it. Never really settled on a date but to give people time maybe we could now do it towards the end of April/ early May.

thekingofsweden

Tricky D we can have the brizoool ride out 😛

oldgit
    Free Member

Alway willing to take a group out in these parts.

Chilterns, Ivinghoe Beacon, Wendover all around these parts.

Any distance, stops or no stops.

Edit; Surely my STW Woburn rides weren’t that bad.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d still be up for it, had to cancel the Berkshire-Bognor-and Back epic as I did my knee a mischief so didn’t have 100miles in my legs 🙁

thomthumb
    Free Member

yes please.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Tricky D we can have the brizoool ride out

Is that a brizzle/boozal ride? 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

Whats happening then people, I can do either the Larndan one or the Cheshire one.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

New thread started here[/url] 🙂

AdamML
    Free Member

@Chipps @Sue_W You’re not on your own. If ether of you ever fancy a road potter in Cheshire give me a shout, or head along to one of the North Cheshire Clarion rides (MTB section too)
    Web

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘STW Meet – Roadie flavour’ is closed to new replies.