Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Stw medics have I got ibs?
  • ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

I know it’s no sub statute for real medical advice, and will be arranging an appointment with the gp ASAP. However spent a week in Crete last week, and ate as normal and regularly,mwhihc in fairness was more than I did at home.

I have returned from Crete and have experienced bloating every day, almost to the point where I feel I want to vomit to release space. I still have an appetite, and am still dropping bombs as regular as normal.

Sleeping fine, and not actually feeling sick, although I did earlier in the week. It’s just an awful feeling that has come upon me and want to know what it is. For example I had breakfast at 7ish this morning then lunch at midday, but still feel full now even though that was 7 hours ago and normally (before I went to Crete) I would have lunch and be snacking again 3 hours later.

Any advice?

GJP
    Free Member

Seems like too much of a coincidence to me, pretty sure its doesn’t just appear overnight, more of a gradual development until one realises that things are just not right. Plus I also think GPs do not diagnose IBS before you have had symptoms for 6 months or more or at least for a significant period of time.

Get down to the GP

wallop

Doesn’t sound like IBS. Typical symptoms of IBS could be constipation, runny bum, cramps, bloating, wind, but I’ve not heard of anyone describing “being full” as a symptom. Bloating sounds familiar though. IBS covers a wide range of things, hence it is a “syndrome”, so everyone is different. TBH it sounds more as though the problem is in your stomach rather than your bowel.

cinnamon_girl

Rennies?

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Don’t like Rennies.

Will get down the docs see what they say might be nothin but could be something!

cinnamon_girl

On a serious note, do you have any other symptoms no matter how unrelated they may seem?

grum
    Free Member

With the usual caveats etc – doesn’t sound like IBS to me either.

crikey
    Free Member

Have you had sex with any cats recently?

footflaps

Have you had sex with any cats recently?

+1, sounds like Cat Aids to me…

ART

I’m not a Dr, well not a medical one anyhow, but no you don’t have IBS .. see what wallop said. Sounds like a minor bug [short hand for anything that may include mild food poisoning] from something you ate or drank.. Docs should see you right…

Otherwise of course it’s Cat Aids, refer to previous threads for hints as to what this might be .. 😉

hora
    Free Member

Brocoli.

Sounds like youve just eaten scruffy foreign grub.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

I did have a cat try and get in my house last night.

Must be that, Im going to go and write my will and leave all my Lego to the children!

grum
    Free Member

I’m not a doctor, but it’s DEFINITELY cat aids.

jca

As someone diagnosed with ibs some years ago, I would say probably not. It is not something which comes on in a week. IbS is essentially a term meaning ‘yes,you have symptoms but weve ruled everything more sinister out’. Doesn’t sound like food poisoning either, but i would see your gp anyway since you’ve been travelling. Could have picked up something viral or parasitic.

Or (most likely…) cat aids…

cloudnine
    Free Member

Get a prescription for a new bike.. that always helps

JoeG
    Free Member

My cat has IBS (yes, really). I have to give her 1/2 of a Prednisone pill every other day or liquid poop comes squirting out of her rear.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Get a prescription for a new bike.. that always helps

Funny you should say that, I’ve just ordered a zaskar 100 9r expert carbon!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Stw medics have I got ibs?’ is closed to new replies.