Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • STW map
  • Taff
    Free Member

What would you guys say to a STW members map? When I was a member on a car forum they used Frappr so that all members could post they’re geographical locations [towns for bike security reasons!]. Interested in this from a personal respective as I’m looking for riding buddies in and around Hampshire [as I’m a loner and scare people!!] but also if I was to go to riding in say Worcester, I could just look on the map and contact those people?

What do you thin or is this a pointless exercise?

druidh
    Free Member

This was done a few weeks back….using Google Maps

RudeBoy
    Free Member

well, if you’re in Hampshire, you could always come along to the Swinley ride tomorrow! There might be a thread about that, on here somewhere!

Suppose it’s a good idea in theory, but how many people would bother with it? and some might wish to stay completely anonymous.

Taff
    Free Member

I’m so behind in the times. Will look for that one.

Rudeboy – was meant to be coming but the mrs has had a bad week at work so taking her out for a ride to cheer her up and then treat her . Would ahve brought her but she’s a bit too much of a novice for it to be honest

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ah well. Sometime soon, then eh? Night!

Taff
    Free Member

Found somehting with buzz-lightyear but can’t work out if any other member have joined or not

markenduro
    Free Member

map

This might link you to it:

Taff
    Free Member

nice one buddy that is awesome – DezB is practically a neighbour!

psychle
    Free Member

stoopid question I’m sure… but how do you add to this map?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Think you have to add it to “my maps” which means you need a Google login (free) and be logged in.
    Then over on the left, just above the names, there should be an “edit” button.
    Click it and stuff will appear to allow you to add stuff.

Is a rough idea, if you have not worked it out yet.

DezB
    Free Member

DezB is practically a neighbour!
    I am – my brother bought some pedals off you!

Me and singletrackmind go out most weekends, latching on to a BrightonMTB, Muddy@rse or similar ride. Though we might not have room in the motor for you, you’re welcome to tag along.
    Maybe I’ll persuade him to hitch a trailer onto the car and stick you in there?

Taff
    Free Member

A bloody hell! I know who you are now.

I’m about to start going out with Fareham wheelers and see how that goes, hopefully sorted all that out last night. Do you ride lcoally as well?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘STW map’ is closed to new replies.