Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • STW July Road challenge
  • Kryton57
    Toasty

Don’t mind if I do 🙂 (name Alastair Graham)

andytherocketeer

I’m in. Anyone started an off-road challenge yet? (not seen one)

GrahamS

Anyone set up a July STW Commuter Challenge yet?

(The STW Summer of Commuting challenge is still on-going)

brakes
    Free Member

do you have to be on endomondo to do this?

GrahamS

Fraid so brakes – but it is free

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I’m in.

Kryton57

andytherocketeer – Member
    I’m in. Anyone started an off-road challenge yet? (not seen one)

Yep – there’s one about somewhere…

Sandwich

This month is on the road as I’m co-ordinating the office entry to the lovetoride.net. My Cams is my screen name there.

Toasty

Is it me or are random people joining? Random guy from Milan in number 2 who does no mountain biking and a guy from Slovakia in number 1?

The Slovakia guy does lots of mountain biking so is more likely admittedly 🙂

Everyone below me seems legit, they can stay. 8)

Kryton57

By the Power of Cougar, I have given the spaniard an opportunity to reveal his stw self.

Else I have the power to remove…..

Toasty

Cheers!

Moaning on the forums seemed like an easier way up going up a position, rather than going out and riding 2.1 miles to overtake Mick.

Does that mean Robot Bob in Switzerland is legit?

Sandwich

Are you restricting participation to UK only entrants? I found that kept the pot hunters out of last months off-road challenge.

spazzolino
    Free Member

Is it me or are random people joining? Random guy from Milan in number 2 who does no mountain biking and a guy from Slovakia in number 1?

Random, I’m not random and I am not from Milan…

Moaning on the forums seemed like an easier way up going up a position, rather than going out and riding 2.1 miles to overtake Mick.

I agree with this statement.

Does that mean Robot Bob in Switzerland is legit?

I’m here and logged in today, so I’m legit…..

I have no idea what you mean by pot hunters and I do not know why discriminating against people out side of the UK will get rid of them, are there not any pot hunters in the UK or something?

Kryton57

Sandwich – I didn’t but will do so now. Not sure about Robot Bob either….

spazzolino
    Free Member

Hold on Kryton, i’m not I just mentioned above that restricting the challenge to UK is not going to deter pothunters.What is the reasoning behind this other than “that guy has more miles than me, oh he lives in another country, lets ban him” ?

andytherocketeer

Not really discriminating against non-UK res.
    I’m outside of UK and in the group – very easy to bypass the check.

Just strange that I’ve not seen any UK trophy hunters, just mostly German ones and a couple of Spanish.

Oh and I can’t see the MTB challenge, and searching fro STW is a pain since it throws up hundreds of eastern European groups since the Polish/Slovenian/whatever word for bike/cycling just happens to contain the letters “stw”.

Toasty

Random, I’m not random and I am not from Milan…

No, I noticed that afterwards but couldn’t change it 🙂 Zoomed out of the map, saw the nearest obvious place and said that.

What is the reasoning behind this other than “that guy has more miles than me, oh he lives in another country, lets ban him” ?

Apologies, just checking 🙂 Can’t deny it looks odd from an outside perspective. You live in Switzerland and have never flagged a mile you’ve ridden as being mountain biking, yet reside on a UK mountain biking forum, with a completely different username.

People do join these semi-private groups just to win, everyone else on the board has logged doing some mountain biking. Can’t see that it’s done you any harm just posting in here, it’s all he asked 🙂

Dales_rider
    Free Member

What about riders in the UK riding roads outside of the UK ? 😛

SamB
    Free Member

In, but only riding triathlon training rides. So mostly big weekend efforts and nothing mid-week 😀

Kryton57

Look, I can leave them there, I just thought I was being asked that as the “owner” of the challenege I was being asked to remove potential non STW members from the list.

What would you have me do?

FWIW its doesn’t matter where you are or what your nationality is, as long as you are at STW member you can enter – I thought that was the unspoken rule…

Dales_rider
    Free Member

*Ponders*
    Should I remove one of my rides ? I was banned when I did it……

Sandwich

It was quite difficult to tell who Bob was. The off-road challenge attracts people who want to win something, anything on-line without being a member of the community. These are the “pot hunters” usually entering a class below their ability to be certain of winning. Logging rides across town as “off-road” as they were on an MTB.
    Last month I did exceptionally well for me off-road and I’m attempting the road one this month because its wedding. And travel month in the Sandwich household and I can’t devote 60 or so hours to riding my bike. So far it’s a pitiful attempt by me!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Hows everyone doing.? One last push tomorrow.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Feet up I’ve done enough this month, anyway I’m working today and not much chance of a ride so will stick with 410

andytherocketeer

Is it really that time of the month already?

I moved all my CX bike rides from MTB to Road, mainly cos they ended up being 50% road, 50% gravel bike path. I don’t think it’ll seriously affect anyone’s position in the league.

Next month will be largely “proper” MTBing.

Toasty

3rd will do me 🙂 Had a wedding one weekend and no access to the road bike another. Good target to beat for next month.

munkster
    Free Member

Darn it, if I’d only remembered to upload to endomondo I’d have taken 5th instead of 12th. A lesson for us all, I think 😉

Kryton57

I reckon I could have taken 3rd/4th if I hadn’t gone out on the mtb in prep for the Bonty.

Shall we do an August challenge?

andytherocketeer

Bit like this one…?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/august-endomondo-challenges

Reached my goal… ie I was not last.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

First place get in. A good month this month for me.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

So who is the “No Name Supplied” who bumped me out of 4th ?

Kryton57 – Member

I reckon I could have taken 3rd/4th if I hadn’t gone out on the mtb in prep for the Bonty.

reckon I’d have had to take 1st or 2nd 🙂

Kryton57

Cheers AndyTR – I’m in…

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Bumps self back to 4th place the “No Name Supplied” has just put all his commutes on so not really in the spirit of things.

munkster
    Free Member

*Coughs*

regards, Bob Dobber 😉

Sandwich

That explains why I was in eighth last night and ninth when the challenge ended. 1000 miles looks like a good effort by the winner.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Sorry no name was me, I thought it was all road miles including commutes.

Miles are miles aren’t they. What if I use my commute to do some training doesn’t that count?

Sandwich

Miles are miles. Bit sneaky to hold back until the last minute with logging them. Ninth it is then and “must try harder” this month.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Miles are miles. Bit sneaky to hold back until the last minute with logging them. Ninth it is then and “must try harder” this month.

Wasn’t intentional.

I just spotted it the other day and thought I’d join. I’ve not been on for a while and saw Krytons Post and jumped in.

😳

munkster
    Free Member

Wasn’t intentional.

And in my defence I don’t usually use Endomondo (as opposed to Strava), the “results” post reminded me to upload!

Still, keeps you on your toes eh? 😀

[edit]Curses eyerideit – only just seen that he’s bumped me down into 5th!! Karma. 😉 [/edit]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘STW July Road challenge’ is closed to new replies.