Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • STW HiveMind Ten Minute Challenge – Barcelona Edition!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Right then folks – Here’s the challenge;
    Evening free, company card in pocket, good shoes on feet and currently in a hotel on the Avda Diagonal. So, with walking distance in mind….

So, what should I go and see? Where should I go and eat? Any other random suggestions…?

Planning on heading off in about ten minutes or so, so over to you!

Harry_the_Spider

Ramblas?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, that’s sort of what I’d thought, but was hoping for other inspiration!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Margarita Blue?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Charlie, why do I think that’s one not to look up on a work laptop?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

no, honest it’s fine

iDave
    Free Member

the “bombing scars” in Sant Felip Neri and Cuines Santa-Caterina for food, in Santa-Caterina’s market

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

There is also an old art deco one on Las Ramblas, not so busy, but i can’t remember the name of it!!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

There is also an old art deco one on Las Ramblas, not so busy, but i can’t remember the name of it!!

Stoner
    Free Member

CFH – charlie’s not trying a fast one. Here is a SFW link to a review site
    http://www.worldsbestbars.com/public/venue_listing.jsp?categoryId=4&currentVenueId=73

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh, I have been to some really nice bars and proper tapas places, but I’m afraid I can’t remember where exactly they are. . Sorry. 🙁

Near the Mercat de Sant Antoni is all I remember. Little bit more ‘earthy’ than other areas, and there’s quite a bit of prostitution and drug dealing going on, but it’s not that bad to be honest. More bars and places where Barcelonettans go to unwind, I felt.

You’ll have fun regardless, you don’t need to ask us!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Great stuff as ever! STW delivers!

Thanks all, will see where the evening takes me. Later posts may be beer-influenced.

midlifecrashes

If you want to eat on Las Ramblas itself, Amaya is good for peoplewatching, tables in the street, and waiter who remembers drinks orders for a party of ten three days later! Quarter of the way up from the harbour, on right. Near Art Centre Santa Monica.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, that was a nice stroll around town. Ending up eating at a place called Matamala, where I had some epic monkfish with spinach. Place billed itself as old fashioned Catalan cooking and didn’t disappoint.

Some other musings on Barcelona, before I set out for another meander around the place;
    There are no fixies! Not one. Not one wearer of sister’s jeans spotted anywhere about town. What a delight!
    There are gazillions of pharmacies. Are they all hypochondriac?
    Seems to be a very pedestrian and bike friendly city at the moment. Much more than when I last came here.
    Estrella Inedit is Damm nice beer. (See what I did there?)

donsimon
    Free Member

Have a play with some Voll Damm if you come across it. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘STW HiveMind Ten Minute Challenge – Barcelona Edition!’ is closed to new replies.