Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • STW – high rate of unemployed lately. Discuss….
  • TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I am a member of both BM & STW. Now i realise that BM has had its fair share of recent job losses, but it seems that STW has had many many more.

I think there may be something about STW members which makes them more susceptable to redundancy. Maybe high paying, middle management jobs which can possibly be done away with. Possibly they are less productive due to there use of the interweb. Etc etc etc.

Anyone care to comment on why STW members are getting made redundant on a higher percentage.

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Do you think the two forums have different types of Users in some way ? Ie Middle management on STW, something else on BM ?

BoardinBob

I think there may be something about STW members which makes them more susceptable to redundancy.

Because the majority of them are absolute douchebags?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BoardinBob

Or maybe because they spend most of their working day on STW instead of working

MoreCashThanDash

I suspect the demographics of STW and BM may be different, but I believe the real reason is the amount of time spent on here in work time….

Stoner
    Free Member

I imagine its something more prosaic.

There are more users (whether posters or not) on STW than BM
    When made redundant a user has more time to post and since being redundant is proabbly one of the biggest things in their life at the time, they’l say so on an STW thread.

And BM is full of retired accountants anyway.

mboy
    Free Member

Dunno the reasons, but I hadn’t been on STW in more than 2 years til I was made redundant.

Being sat at home, bored out of my mind, stirred the curiosity in me again! 😉

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I wasnt trying to start a BM v STW debate on how many posters they have. I just believe STW has a much higher proportion of members who seem to be getting canned lately.

From what i have seen from the ‘how many bikes’ and ‘how much do you earn’, ‘where to invest this & that’ threads i rather think stw has more affluent members. WHether this has anything to do with it, i dont know

druidh
    Free Member

I think it’s just down to the number of posters.

footflaps

I thought STW was the UK equivalent of Douglas Adam’s B-Ark?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘STW – high rate of unemployed lately. Discuss….’ is closed to new replies.