Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • STW Help please for a riding buddy!
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

He has £3k to spend on a car. Does about 10k miles per year (diesel or petrol the best option??), needs to use it for commuting to work, putting the bike on (tow bar would be required), Boot needs to be big enough for baby paraphernalia including a big "off road type" pram.

What would you lot recommend for £3k and why?

eemy
    Free Member

Volvo S40 diesel – good chance of it coming with a tow bar, boot's big enough for most things, quite cheap, reliable and you can relax into the beige leather interior like a big old pensioner.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

pug 807/7, citroen synergie, fiat ulysse/

druidh
    Free Member

Fiat Multipla

hora
    Free Member

3k doesnt stretch far IMO

However Focus?

If he can stretch abit more- Subaru Legacy tourer? Mines lush 😀

DrDomRob
    Free Member

MkI Renault Scenic for <£1k.

Then keep the rest for repairs.

Had mine about 2 years now and spent about £500 more than I paid getting stuff sorted. But she has always started 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Avoid anything with a tow bar (my parents advice). They cost £100 to fit and if they get used for anything heavy do multiples of that in wear to the transmission, suspension and hub bearings etc. Much better to buy one without and fit it yourself. You dont know if the car your lookign at wit 70k on the clock has done 69.9k on the motorway with 1 person in it, or 69.9k towing an overloaded caravan on stop/start A and B roads.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If your thinking of a Ford, look at Mazda, same mechanicals through a lot of the range, but less value in the badge.

Anoyingly, sproty mazda 6's can be 4wd, but not mondeo's. Why cant we have another Sierra Cosworth Mr Ford?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Mazda bongo diesel?

khani
    Free Member

Bongos are a bit edgy at £3000
    Good ones tend to be 4k upwards

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Something Japanese. Older Civic?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘STW Help please for a riding buddy!’ is closed to new replies.