Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • STW Health experts: Tea and coffee and young children?
  • 66deg
    Free Member

It could lead to a problematic future.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Very. Full of morlocks buying amphetamines, LSD and milk for their mutated offspring, that and the elderly wasting their dwindling allocation pointlessly musing over their selection of cabbage.

Still, 10 cadbury’s mini rolls for £1.37 musn’t grumble

Solo
    Free Member

thestabiliser – Member

Very. Full of morlocks buying amphetamines, LSD and milk for their mutated offspring, that and the elderly wasting their dwindling allocation pointlessly musing over their selection of cabbage.

That’ll be why I avoid Morrisons then.

Solo
    Free Member

66D.

Ain’t seeing that pic.
    😐

thestabiliser
    Free Member

You’re missing out on lifes rich tapestry

MoreCashThanDash

Binners – phoned social services, just told me to have tea ready for 5.30 when she gets home. Obviously not a MaccyD’s takeout tonight 🙁

Solo
    Free Member

thestabiliser – Member

You’re missing out on lifes rich tapestry

Oh, that someone might post such a remark, on here…

DrP

Very brief as just about to start surgery…I believe the issue with caffeine and kids is that it can affect bone growth (deposition vs uptake).

Use that as the basis for a thorough medscape (i.e google) search and I’m sure you’ll come up with answers.

DrP

theotherjonv

I let my daughter have diluted down Torq – about 1/2 strength – at basketball practice and games (she’s 8). It’s pretty intense sport, akin to 5-a-side football and I’m more disposed to thinking that it’ll be a darn sight better for her than fruit shoots or sugary drinks that others seem to take, and give her a bit back rather than just water. Poor sod is usually totally flaked after 2 x 20 minute games as it is!

I think part of the issue is dressing these high sugar high caffeine drinks like Red Bull and Monster up as ‘Energy’ drinks. They’re worlds apart from proper sports energy drinks like Torq and SIS, and while the report I read also said

The researchers convincingly argued that sports drinks are unnecessary for children and adolescents doing average amounts of physical activity,

I’d suggest they (proper sports drinks) have usefulness during intensive activity as opposed to ‘average amounts’.

jamiep
    Free Member

The second* word I uttered was “coffee”. From before I could talk, my Dad and I would have a brew every morning, me very milky Camp Coffee.

* the first was “screwdriver” – had amassed a good collection of coloured electricians’ screwdrivers from an early age

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m fairly sure that from about the age of 8 I was perfectly capable of making my own tea or probably a pot for everyone else too, whilst I was at it. I can’t ever remember NOT drinking tea! From about 11 or 12 when I started going fishing regularly I was making a flask of 3 cups of coffee as tea didn’t keep well. The only effect I can remember was it keeping me warm in the early hours of the morning in January…..

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘STW Health experts: Tea and coffee and young children?’ is closed to new replies.