Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • STW group hug required – frame snapped :-(
  • amedias
    Free Member

My dearly beloved Kona A has passed away today.

routine inspection and noticed a crack, further investigating revealed total snappage, bummed as it’s not gonna be an easy bike to replace!

commence mixed reponses of condolance and ridicule…

tomhoward

Time to lay off the pies….

amedias
    Free Member

damn, ridicule in the first reply!

and FYI – It was my mighty single speeders thighs that killed it, oh yes, definitely… 😳

singlespeedstu

Kona A’s were a bit crap anyway.

Look on the brightside you can get a better frame now.

Oh and lets see the damage.
    Everyone loves to see how a bike died. 🙂

takisawa2

Goes to show, this singlespeeding lark isn’t all its cracked up to be.

amedias
    Free Member

Kona A’s were a bit crap anyway.

I quite liked mine, it wasn’t my main bike but it was fun, in a silly silly bike, but very amusing and bizarrely quick kind of way,,,

nothing spectacular to show I’m afraid, just snapped around the BB where the front end clamps onto the floating BB shell, hence why I missed it, although does explain why the back end was wiggling about, I was blaming worn pivot bearings, hence starting to inspect before replacing.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I wasn’t going to bother reading this thread cos I thought it would be about a ‘normal’ bike, but the loss of a kona A is like seeing a classic car in a breaker’s yard. 🙁

My condolences. Hopefully the back end will be of use as a spare to the few kona A riders on here?

also, you need to post a picture of it on here now.

amedias
    Free Member

Kevevs
    Free Member

everything dies.

singlespeedstu

*Wanders if that’s my old A.*
    Sold to someone on here. Can’t remeber who though.

amedias
    Free Member

might be, I’ve had two, both 16inch, a mk1 v-brake only one (stolen out of my truck a few years ago), and then this one I got off ebay in 2011

singlespeedstu

Mine was an 18″

Same year as yours in the pic.

Got it new dirt cheap after a price mix up by Evans or one of the other big chains can’t remember who now.

simondbarnes

It’s really shit when frames die. My titanium on-one cross bike recently passed away 🙁

http://instagram.com/p/VZX99ONNG4/

amedias
    Free Member

indeed it is… especially when you’re quite fond of them and it’s a quirky frame you can’t just go and buy another one of..

never mind though, as kevevs says – everything dies, the trick is to make sure it lived first!

gordimhor

Nightmare,…… New bike time tho 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘STW group hug required – frame snapped :-(’ is closed to new replies.