Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • STW Forum ride – East Dartmoor 3/9/11 roll call and details
  • Del

don’t let him come ^. cocknocker of the first order. 😉

trailmonkey

Luke, be good to see you.

jam-bo

Anyone coming down the M5 passing Taunton with room for me and my bike?

whats wrong with you man. ride it…

trailmonkey

ok, plan is meet at 10.30 at yarner

which is here

knock off plague and mount lustleigh in the a.m, climb out to the open moor for a lunch stop and some fun around the hound and bowermans at about 1.30/2.30 then into hound tor wood for some silliness before dropping back down into the cleave – back for tea and medals some time around 4 or 5.

never too far from the start point if anyone needs to bail.

look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Right – as luck would have it I have tomorrow off now (someone swapped to work Sat!) so i’ll see you all at 10.30 🙂 (TM obviously I wont need to meet you all at Houndtor CP now 😉 )

foxyrider
    Free Member

Thanks for a fab day guys esp Trailmonkey et al – some very nice descents I never knew of there which I WILL be revisiting 🙂

bitemebryn
    Free Member

I concur Foxy, some excellent riding today and some trails I’ve flown past before and not realised existed. Top day all round, cheers Trailmonkey, and everyone else for a thoroughly enjoyable day. I’m sure that the tea van on Houndtor are getting stingeyer with their tea bags though!

luket

Me too. Thanks for a great day. Amazing how many times I’ve ridden round there and missed so many great bits. I might even find some of it again… If anyone fancies another ride on the moor sometime do give me a shout.

Luke

flatfish
    Free Member

Found the tiniest of holes in that bloody innertube this morning but no more flats so there can’t be anymore thorns left in the tyre, as it’s still inflated! Touch wood.
    Thanks for being patient with my tyre blowing exercise’s.
    Cheers all.

crispybacon
    Free Member

For those who came on the ride the GPS route & photies link is here .

It was great to meet other STW members & ride a great route.

Hopefully see some of you again sometime for another ride.

carlphillips
    Free Member

apologies for missing it, building a woodstore took priority due to helpers commitments (ie my father not playing golf on the sat), it looked like a good route.
    I pretty much rode most of the cleave stuff you guys did early this morning, glorious morning and hardly a soul to be seen.
    not seen the other stuff (dh trail?)in hound tor woods so may have to go exploring!! any hints to the start of the trail?

crispybacon
    Free Member

not seen the other stuff (dh trail?)in hound tor woods so may have to go exploring!! any hints to the start of the trail?

We went from Water along the road past Beckhams farm & down the bw through the gate into Houndtor Woods. After gate take a left immeadiately & follow the trail along. Look out for a tree with an orange ‘X’ & arrow painted on the bark. The start was about 30m before that tree on the right. The start was bermed which you can see from the top.

If I’m miles out with my directions I’m sure someone will be along to put you straight.

See you Weds maybe @ Plymbridge woods.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Had a great time thanks and sorry I had to cut it short in the end but needed to get back for family duties in the afternoon.

Followed the trail back down the hill (great descent) and followed the path along the river however had a jobs worth point out to me that I was on a ‘footpath’ and shouldn’t be cycling it – lol – I just thanked her kindly for that information and carried on!!!

Found my way back easily enough and was sorry I had to finish before the cake stop – maybe next time.

Thanks again to all and was great to meet some new people.

carlphillips
    Free Member

cheers Les I’m guessing the start is near the cheeky down to bridge to far? does it come out in fast-swoopy-left-hand-turn-stylee at the bottom of the horrendous climb from the river up to water..if so then yes i know where that is..cheers.

see you there on wednesday hoping for a good turnout.
    Probably going to bring the kids down too.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Yes it does start near the cheeky bit down to the bridge too far, not sure where it comes out down the bottom as i’m an xc mincer & stayed @ the top taking pics.

Hopefully there will be a good showing of mtbers on Weds i’ve asked all my mates to try to go along. I see there is a piece in the Herald about the residents protest so it would be good to put our side/point across

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘STW Forum ride – East Dartmoor 3/9/11 roll call and details’ is closed to new replies.