Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • STW Forum ride – East Dartmoor 3/9/11 roll call and details
  • trailmonkey

Meet here at 10.30 Saturday

Be good to see everyone there.

I’ve put a special request in for the weather but blame shinythings if it turns out minging.

julioflo
    Free Member

Bugger, new this was coming up and would love to make it but can’t. Will be attempting the Bodmin Triathlon on Sunday and really should be resting me legs on saturday.
    Have noted the forthcoming Bivvi trip and will try and attend that.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Bollox as I live in Bovey – now working morning till 12:(

Where are you thinking of going to – maybe I can meet you there?

trailmonkey

staying in the 2 valleys. shouldn’t be problem to meet up en route

foxyrider
    Free Member

Ahh OK – so cleave and around bowermans/houndtor? – prob be around about 1-2pm?

trailmonkey

we could arrange for a meet at the hound but you know how these things go, it won’t be an exact time more of a 1ish 2ish kind of thing.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yeah I know – depends on how fast the group is 🙂 OK say i’ll be at Houndtor carpark about 1.30 ish and wait a bit? If not I’ll just join it up with sommink else 🙂

trailmonkey

ok

bitemebryn
    Free Member

Looking forward to it. See you Saturday morning. Weather looks promising to. 8)

Bucko

I’ll be there

Shinythings
    Free Member

FYI; If the CP is full when you arrive there is another 100yds up the road, although you will have sensed the utter gnarr and testosterone on your approach anyway 😀

crispybacon
    Free Member

I’ll be there with a mate, will there be a T & Tiffin stop @ the Hound of the Basket Meals van?

andywill

Hi Iain
    I did say we might try to get down during our Quantocks trip, but that’s happening on the 10/11 Sept now, so we won’t be able to join you. Watch out for the herd a cows in the woods & have a good one,
    Andy

slugwash
    Free Member

I would’ve liked to join this ride but I’m going to the Alps the following week with a bunch of highly skilled, mega-proficient, ultra-athletes and don’t want to tire myself out.

So, for that reason I’m out.

yunki
    Free Member

I have to be home by 2pm but will certainly join you for the fettling and faffing in the carpark beforehand.. 🙂

carlphillips
    Free Member

mother in law has come down to see the finished extension, and my eldest has his twae kwon do grading in the morning….

Am going to try my hardest to be there though!!
    I will probably be up there on Thursday eve around 5.30pm if anyone is interested?

trailmonkey

yunki, we’ll be in the two valleys area all day so you can bail at any time 8)

carlphillips
    Free Member

whats the intended route and time schedule?
    oh and I still can’t find the minerals for the monkey line!!!

trailmonkey

route should be similar to the route that i mailed to you but will proabaly aim to throw a couple of ‘extras’ in. two valleys plus hound tor and bowermans i guess. nneer too far from the car so you can bail at any time really.

i wouldn’t get too hung up on the monkey run. at the end of the day there’s one tricky bit and little else to make it worth missing the nutcracker for. i’ll get round to doing it one day but can’t personally see that it’s a must do trail in the area.

carlphillips
    Free Member

ooh thats a biggy!!
    agree on the monkey line but having something i can’t do sticks in my mind a bit!!! NC is too much fun though!!

hope to see you there 😀

yunki
    Free Member

carlphillips – I’ll take you up on that thursday evening ride.. I’ll be heading out earlier again but could meet up somewhere if you fancy it..

I fancy a look at the monkey line

foxyrider
    Free Member

Which one is the monkey line then?

trailmonkey

monkey line – very top of the tech section of the NC, turn right at the obvious rocky outcrop.

i’m sure that one of the guys will lead a group that way if anyone wants to try it and i’ll take the rest down the NC.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I think I vaguely know where you mean – but doesn’t come out a the bottom of NC – would come out on the other side – down to the cleave? No not been down that since the effort getting to the NC means I have always ridden the NC like you say 😉

trailmonkey

comes out onto the foxworthy traverse

foxyrider
    Free Member

gotcha 🙂

Sommink like this:

oxym0r0n

Tempted to join you all – I haven’t ridden Dartmoor for a while…

trailmonkey

i think sir is veering too far east but is in the right vicinity

oxym0r0n – you know you should

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry I wanted to make it so inaccurate for the masses to follow 😉 Because its a local trail for local people (and guests) 😉

instanthit
    Free Member

Had this pencilled in, but as last weekend before school have promised kids day out at Crealy.
    Have managed to wangle a night out tonight to bivvy on the north moor.

carlphillips
    Free Member

my Thursday evening ride is cancelled due to mother in laws visit for the week…oh and absolutely farked pedal 👿

Saturday is looking good but will miss the start due to kids grading in the morning, will meet up along the way…TM i’ll leave you my mobile number so i can call you on the day.

sorry for thursday but will be there deffo next week and most weeks after..

billyboulders
    Free Member

Dunno why you all bother – the riding is cr@p in those valleys, not worth the visit.

Honest

And if any of you know any walkers or horse-riders best tell them not to bother too.
    😉

Won’t make Saturday (work 😥 ) hope to see you all there some other time tho!
    Have a good one!

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

should be good for this, will it be an all dayer? just so i know what to tell the misses!

may bring a non forum member and forum member fishbone if they can make it

ciderman
    Free Member

Ill see you guys there, weather looking good. “bitemebryn” normally slows me down so Ill be glad of the company 🙄

trailmonkey

will it be an all dayer?

hope so. i guess we’ll see what everyone wants to do on the day but there’s certainly enough riding to keep us going all day if we want to 8)

sharki
    Free Member

Anyone coming down the M5 passing Taunton with room for me and my bike?

flatfish
    Free Member

The kids have wound me up enough today that the wife has told me to f-off and go riding all day saturday to unwind, sometime’s I actually love my wife 😯

Sharki, I’ll be passing from Brizzle if your still liftless.
    Email and numbers in profile.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Sharki, coming from Yeovil so could come M5 rather than Honiton way if you need a lift, email in profile.

foxyrider
    Free Member

BTW if I am not at Houndtor carpark at around 1.30 then obviously don’t wait esp if I get caught up at work 🙂

luket

Hello,

Would love to join if I may. I ride Wednesday nights at Haldon when I can and got a nudge from some of the regulars there about this ride. I ride the Nutcrackers and a few spots around quite regularly but my trail knowledge is pretty limited beyond the obvious so dead keen on a bit of learning and an all day group ride if all comers are welcome…

Luke

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘STW Forum ride – East Dartmoor 3/9/11 roll call and details’ is closed to new replies.