Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • STW Fit Club – one hundred push-ups time again!
  • EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

100 one-arm ones is not too bad after a bit of training. Me and my training partner conquered it relatively quickly last summer. Our current programme has plyometric (sp?) press-ups in pyramid sets. So we start at 10, then do 9 etc down to 1, them come back up to 10 again. The last few sets are killers (8,9,10 reps). We're also doing the same thing with one-arm press-up's, but doing them ascending. After doing the plyo's we only got to 6 (starting at 1 and going up a rep at a time), then back down to 1 again. Will hopefully get to 10 in the next few weeks.

Keep up the good work everyone, stick in 🙂

CaptJon
    Free Member

End of week two and an old shoulder injury has reared its head. A week off for me.

sadexpunk

anyone still doing this?

some of us at work are doing it, and im on week 6 now (started at week 3)

did 73 on the trot yesterday. but from being able to achieve the goals quite easy to start with, im only just sneaking in now, with 1 to spare. this last week looks tough, so i think im just gonna have to keep repeating it over and over again.

just wondered whether there were many successes here, from people that started out only being able to do 30 or so.

cheers

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Aaaargh!

I knew this would come back to haunt me…

I got lazy and didn't make it beyond week 2.

I WILL start it again. This week.

donsimon
    Free Member

Day1, week 5 after some fannying around and hanging about on day 3, week 4 for a couple of repetitions. I have dropped down a column to middle as I want a more relaxed run in. 😆

I guess it works as I started week 1 in column 3 with a bit of a shock at being able to do 11-20 press ups… I was able to do 50 at the wk4 test. 😀 Now taking it easy.

jimmy

OK, I'm in. Long way back to week5 where I bailed out last time 🙁

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Went to a Pilates class this week.

Press-ups were the only thing I could do without quivering like a shitting dog.

I'll not be so quick to deride it as "girls' PE" in future.

donsimon
    Free Member

So, how are you getting on then?

I’ve been taking it easy for the last month and am not following the timetable religiously. That means I’ve repeated days 1 and 2 of week five a couple of times and have just done the first set of day 3 week five, it hurt and I had problems doing the final 45 reps in one go, so the day will be repeated until the 45 come together.

I’ve also got a sit up program on the go, so I might be ready for the Speedos by New Year!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I’ll not be so quick to deride it as “girls’ PE” in future.

😆 😆

stuartie_c
    Free Member

This thread keeps coming back to haunt me…

I’ve kept at the pilates ad noticed big gains in core stability on the bike and long-term niggling pains are beginning to diminish.

I’ve got two weeks holiday coming up so I might re-launch my 100 press-ups quest – previous attempts had always fizzled out due to back and shoulder pain so hopefully the “girls’ PE” has stabilized those areas a bit.

bob_summers

week 6 day 3 for me tomorrow. i’ve done it all in the easy column though, would like to have another bash from the beginning at a harder level. or i might do the 200 situps instead… (should really do the lower back exercises my physio gave me but….)

pleased it’s (almost) over. it’s taken 9 weeks as i had a week off to do the camino de santiago, so i repeated wks 4 & 5.

liquid1000
    Free Member

Im 37 and just done 40 in the initial test, the pain starts tomorrow!

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘STW Fit Club – one hundred push-ups time again!’ is closed to new replies.