Viewing 21 posts - 201 through 221 (of 221 total)
  • STW Fat Club 2013 -(Riders, not the bikes)
  • Alex

Well we’ll see what a muddy and cold 50k/1600m climbing ride feels like after two months of trying to get fit and shift some fat. Goshawk 50 was always my first challenge when I started on a healthier lifestyle. Ironically this last week, I’ve not so much fallen off the wagon as set fire to it 😉

Some good stories up there ^^^, the more I think about it, the more it’s about sustainable healthy living not some short term numbers game to hit a target and then think ‘now what?’. I’ve even started to enjoy vegetables. Must be middle age 😉

cazum
    Free Member

hey guys. anyone know much about superseting weights for weightloss? or know a good guide on it? am looking to drop a cardio session or two a week and take up superseting as i do enough cardio but do ZERO weights and was told to look at supersetting

ps am now going to do tough mudder (in aug) and spartan sprint(in sep) so looking to really push on now!

since starting the spreadsheet i have lost over 10kg thats 22lbs in 11 week 2lbs a week looking to hit my target by end of may thats another 12kg

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Same here, lost 22lbs since 1jan very happy but still have 20 lbs to lose.

The difference on the bike is just night and day, I just can believe it.

cazum
    Free Member

not gotten out on the bike much atm tbh but i do noticed the difference.

mattjg
    Free Member

now at 76.5kg, from 80kg when I started (and 83kg max)

still ticking away, have stalled, and weakened, a bit recently, back on it now

zilog6128

hey guys. anyone know much about superseting weights for weightloss? or know a good guide on it? am looking to drop a cardio session or two a week and take up superseting as i do enough cardio but do ZERO weights and was told to look at supersetting

Supersetting has a purpose, but this is not it. Especially considering you don’t do weight training already. I would definitely recommend lifting weights for fat loss though as it increases your BMR. Look up a solid, simple beginner program such as Starting Strength or Stronglifts.

cazum
    Free Member

come on guys looks like a few have dropped out this week! we need to keep this going!!!

cazum
    Free Member

and then there were 3

ryderredman
    Free Member

Is it too late to start? I’m off on holiday on Friday and can see myself wanting to start afterwards!

empireofthefun
    Free Member

Me too !
    Could do with some way of finding extra motivation. Lose maybe a stone or so and then have a blip and back to where I started 😳

gordimhor

Any room for a new start?
    🙂

Alex

74.1 kg here. Didn’t so much fall off the wagon as set fire to it and toast it with Brandy during – amusingly – the MTB holiday I’d been really working to lose weight for. Away for 5 days, 1.5 kilo added ! That’ll be the beer and shuttling then.

Massive difference for me riding tho, back on it now and down to 74kg which is where I’m going to try and stay. gave up with MFP for a few weeks as was just getting a bit dull, but back on it now. Amazing how it stops you snacking.

Definitely worth the little hardship to get this far. Not going to put it back on because I now know how much better riding is with 10k less. Suits taken in, new jeans bought, so committed.

Good time to start I’d say, Spring is coming 😉

kristoff
    Free Member

I’ve not used the spread sheet but tracking everything on MFP.

Loss so far since Jan 1st is 42.8lb. I did have an awful lot to loose though (and still do). Gone from almost 19stone 11 down to 16stone 10lb. My losses have slowed dramatically compared to the first month or so but still managing a steady 1.5-2lb loss a week (so far). Ideally I’d like to loose another 2stone ish if I can.

rj2dj
    Free Member

That’s impressive Kristoff. I think you can expect to plateau at various points. Just keep at the tracking and I’m sure you can make your target, even if it takes you slightly longer: 2lb a week is quite ambitious!

The killer for me was realising I’d have to recalculate how many calories I actually needed after losing weight, so it does get progressively harder to stick to the calorie goals, given the same amount of exercise.

crispy
    Free Member

Well, even though I seem to have been unceremoniously dumped from the spreadsheet, I’m still here.

110.3kg this morning, down from circa 119 at the start 3 months ago, so coming down alright, if a little slower than I had anticipated.

Cheers all.

EDIT: Good work Kristoff!

uwe-r
    Free Member

I was bang on 14st on news years day and am now hovering just over the 13st mark, the trend is still downwards and I am very pleased with how its going. For years I was around the 12.5/13st mark and it will be great to get back there, maybe even get to 12st which is probably close to my ideal weight.

Alex

73k. No longer using MFP, and have re-introduced myself to cheese and wine 🙂 Weighing myself once a week, if I go over 73k, then just cut back a bit more. Definitely changed the way I look at food (for the first 3 months that’d be ‘quite hungrily’) . 10kg was my target, hit that and it’s made a massive difference. Finally gave in and bought new jeans/got my suits taken in.

Good luck to all trying to lose some more. From a riding point of view it’s just been brilliant. Do the extra climbs now and not too b&ggered to enjoy the descents.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

16 Stone on the nose this morning, 31 pounds lighter, gerrin!

birky
    Free Member

Started at 13-13 on 1st feb and now down to 11-12 😀 Aiming for 11-7 and anything lower is a bonus.

pingu66
    Free Member

Well done everyone, I didn’t really get into it as had a really tough work schedule BUT started to eat less and move about a bit more. Lost over stone in 8 weeks just riding and cutting crap out and excesses. Still need to lose aout a stone but heading in the right direction and feeling a lot better.

mattjg
    Free Member

slipped a kg recently, too much wine and cheese, not enough riding. Need to get back on it. Tomorrow.

Viewing 21 posts - 201 through 221 (of 221 total)

The topic ‘STW Fat Club 2013 -(Riders, not the bikes)’ is closed to new replies.