Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • STW Fantasy F1 League…
  • hora
    Free Member

What time is the full race rerun on? (Is it on red button/BBC later?).

the-muffin-man

So then after todays snoozefest comes the excitement of the STW Fantasy F1 league….

….taking an early lead are Team Failboat and TeamCarbon5 sharing the lead on 276 point each and McMarmoset propping up the foot of the table with a meagre 135 points!!

And Muffin Man F1 heading for mid-table mediocrity!

SST
    Free Member

WOW – after just one race I have racked up an astonishing 194 points and lie in a respectable 6711th position . . . . .

I thought there were only about 40 of us ffs! LOL

🙂

nickname
    Free Member

I'm counting on Kobayashi to destroy the competition and earn me some points

GaryLake
    Free Member

Not bad, 7th place and in touch with the leaders!

thekingisdead
    Free Member

8th Place. 🙂 At least this league might keep me paying attention this season. Despite not being one for sensationalist knee-jerk reactions, I cant help think the regs have made a sport that struggles with a reputation for not entertaining enough even more boring.

beaker

Good result for you and me Gary, I'm in 6th. Great minds and all that….

GaryLake
    Free Member

Bloody 3 of us with the same team! 😀

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Williams, why on earth did I plump for Williams in there? Oh well, you never know.
    Another one hoping for Kobayashi magic to shine through…

Pook

now is it just me, or is the scoring system deeply flawed if someone running a USF1 car can be in third place??

😯

glenp
    Free Member

(Possibly this is me being defensive because I didn't do so well so far) – One race!

There will be a comeback! Hulkenberg will settle in and score points for me. RBR will score heavily and get me lots of Renault engine points. And Jenson will beat Lewis. OK, so that last one might be a bit of a gamble!

the-muffin-man

Muffin Man F1 storms into 2nd place!!!!!

Cheers Jense & Massa!!

thekingisdead
    Free Member

3rd!

the-muffin-man

I've been dropped to 6th – I demand to see the stewards!!! 😉

Creg

down to 3rd…still chuffed though 😀

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Mid League, I think I would be Toro Rosso if I was a real F1 team

glenp
    Free Member

Only a modest improvement for me, despite picking the winning driver and second placed engine. I need STR and Hulkenberg to start doing a hell of a lot better, and Red Bull to get reliable for the engine points.

Still, very happy that JB beat Lewis. Hamilton is still going through cycles of cockiness and making mistakes, and then being forced through a healthy process of humility and getting better again. Some of his driving was stunning yesterday, but the result shows that temperament is just as important at the top level.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

cullen_bay GP was 4th… now 8th?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I am truely rubbish 😳 Second from bottom. Given his rise in motorsport I thought Hulkenberg would've been a consistant point scorer for me. Two starts, Two DNF's.

glenp
    Free Member

I still think Hulkenberg will settle in. He's trying too hard at the moment, that's all. I also think that Rubens has a quite particular style which might not give Nico quite as much help with the set-up as another driver might.

Pook

to be fair to the Hulk – he didn't have much say in his DNF this time around!

glenp
    Free Member

He has to succeed. He's got the best nickname in motor racing, how can he fail?

the-muffin-man

So the European season kicks of tomorrow!

Loads of car updates from everyone – Lotus bigging it up – and possible rain again – could be another interesting weekend.

Not sure of this new Merc 'roll-hoop'/airbox though – not sure I'd like to be sat under it!…

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/05/06/mercedes-radical-new-airbox-and-more-pictures-from-thursday-in-spain/

retro83
    Free Member

Brill! Team ItchyNutsac in fourth place!

If only I'd picked somebody with a slightly better history of finishing races than Di Grassi 🙁

Marmoset
    Free Member

I'm pushing to stay bottom but some other b******d is down there! If Petrov had a better first few races I would be okay I reckonm he's coming good now so I should hopeefully climb up the ladder 🙂

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Not sure of this new Merc 'roll-hoop'/airbox though – not sure I'd like to be sat under it!…

its certainly different. I guess so long as it passes the FIA test (i think its equivalent of the rollhoop withstanding a hoop first impact at 150mph. and the drivers head is below the line from the nosecone to the hoop then its just as safe.

the-muffin-man

No doubt it can withstand the impact on a hard surface – I'd just be worried if landed on grass. The narrowness of that set-up will just cut through the soil like a knife through butter, quickly reducing the amount of space between the drivers helmet and the ground.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

actually from that shot – as a marshal – i'm wondering where the strap hole is for lifting the car by a snatch vehicle, normally there is a gap under the airbox for the strap to go through at the balance point.

retro83
    Free Member

Hell yes, Team ItchyNutsack in first place 😀

retro83
    Free Member

Yay! Team Itchy Nutsack take the championship!!
    😀

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘STW Fantasy F1 League…’ is closed to new replies.