Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • STW Drumlanrig ride ?
  • vmgscot

I’m still planning to be there and meet up with you guys…. I won’t be fast (or furious)

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

It’s a no from me I’m afraid, wee last minute trip to Morzine instead, well, providing the boys passport turns up in time 🙂

richmtb

That time works for me. Might bring a couple of people along if i can persuade them to get their arses in gear

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Is the black all open now btw? Bombhole and tight rooty switchback after it are smashing.

iainc

Was all open a few weeks back nobeer.

iainc

Forecast looks fair for Sunday, cool and dry and it hasn’t rained for a few days, so trails should be running well.

I’ll be there back of 10, silver BMW estate. Hope we get a few turning up. Remember as it’s closed season car parking is free but the Cafe will be shut..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ll be there in the Van at 10 Iain, bring a mug and I’ll get a brew going pre-ride.

vmgscot

Still planning to be there…black Vivaro and 456 hardtail

richmtb

I’m picking George Crocket up from Cambuslang station at 9 so we should be there for just after 10

Blue Leon

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cambuslang? At least it’ll make Sanquhar look okay by comparison Richard!. 😆

Northwind

Not going to make it now, can’t get down there til later 🙁 Y’all have fun!

vmgscot

Quick heads up… saw D&G Roads alert that the A76 will be closed at Sanquhar from friday night to monday morning…official diversion is the lengthy one A70 from Cumnock out to M74 and back in on the A702 to Carronbridge!

There’s the back road into Drumlanrig from Sanquhar if you come down the A76 but it’s not a great road.

iainc

From Glasgow area, or south, M74 and A702 as usual should be OK, but I guess not so easy for Ayrshire folks

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hmmm….

That’s a bugger of a diversion, and the wee back road VMG mentions is just as bad. Think I may revisit Comrie instead.

iainc

Aye, fair enough nobeer, makes it a trek for you. Hopefully others still up for it ?

vmg ?
    Rich ?

Anyone else ?

somafunk

Head down the A713 from Ayr (castle douglas rd), turn off left after carsphairn onto B729 to Moniave rd then onto thornhill , I use this rd all the time to go up to Ayr and back down to mates at moniaive which is only 10mins from thornhill. Takes a couple of minutes longer than coming down the horrible A76 road and is much more scenic and you’ll be lucky to encounter any traffic at all.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I was actually just looking at that Soma, great minds!. I’ll be there then Iain.

I actually can’t find anything to say that the A76 is shut btw, just some roadworks and lights according to Trafficscotland.

iainc

🙂

vmgscot

It was a FB post by “Dumfries Galloway Police Division”… resurfacing works south of Sanquhar… assumed it was legit?

jimmy

I’d love to have made this, unfortunately I have “sh’t going down” so won’t be there.

Enjoy, take a #jennride pic please.

richmtb

I’ve got a signed Mountain Biking Pass from the wife

I will be there!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Pity Jimmy, Long time no see, next time!.

joelowden

Will try and make this ; i’ll be the old git at the back on the Pyga .

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sociable pace Joe!. Well for the first lap anyway…. 😀

iainc

Laps ? are we doing the Blue ? 😀

matt_outandabout

See you in the morning 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Good stuff Matt.

iainc

See y’all in a few hrs 😀

iainc

That was great, 9 of us out, perfect trail conditions. Great to meet a few new faces 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, well worth the long diversion (A few minutes my arse Somafunk!!). Great to see some old and new faces, Just need a dry cold spell in November and we can do that Big Wanlockhead loop.

matt_outandabout

Just finished the tree clearing I rushed off for…

Great ride, nice to meet to you all. My thumbs hurt – Drumlanrig is a cracking spot, pretty relentless and engaging riding. I like. 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Got the maps out now, spotted some decent looking options on the twistfest back over to the A713.

Good to meet you Matt.

iainc

Sounds worth a look next month nobeer. Sorry missed you at end, Chris and I decided to do rest of the red.

somafunk

A few minutes my arse Somafunk!!

😳

It’s only 14 odd miles from carsphairn to moniaive, Takes me 20 ish mins (prob coz i know the road really well and a Mk2 Golf is well suited for it 😉 ) and i figure another 8 miles from moniaive to drumlanrig so perhaps 40mins max from carsphairn.

I’m sure you’ll be quicker next time 😀

Sounds like you’s all had a cracking day, i bet the trail conditions were perfect after all this good weather.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Usually 50 mins to the Drum from Prestwick, 90 today!. It’s a lovely drive though, SUW looks worth an explore crossing the road just after Carsphairn, have you ridden it from Dalry to the Sanquhar end at all Soma?

Rockplough
    Free Member

Aye lovely day for it and great to meet everyone!

matt_outandabout

i bet the trail conditions were perfect after all this good weather.

It is October – and I just dusted down the bike to put it away… 8)

matt_outandabout

The dangers of grabbing the family P&S camera. One of my clan set it too lowest image quality. This on only discovered just now. Images are rubbish, really rubbish. Sorry!

ojom
    Free Member

Was all the blue deliberate?

joelowden

Nice to meet you all and a fun day.. quite different from Kirri .

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘STW Drumlanrig ride ?’ is closed to new replies.