Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • STW decides; pimp my 5 spot or buy a hemlock
  • duckman

Choice is, get 5-spot pimped with a nice tree frog paint and new rp23,even be money left over for nice matching finishing kit and perhaps wheels (£1000)

OR

Spend the lot on a brand new black Hemlock with both rockers.

Votes please.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

is it a horst 5spot?

duckman

Yup, with the Turner 5.5 rockers.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Then its worth treating.

My 05 is going strong and seems to have helped me get over my new bike additction. In fact, the similarity between yours and mine is alarming!

I’ll post a picture when photobucket has finished its maintenance.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Yeah I’d pimp it. Horst link 5 spot one of the best bikes ever IMO.

rob2
    Free Member

Tough one. I’d say Hemlock. But I’m biased, I’ve just got one and it’s mint – really nice detailing on it and a super finish in black. Very stealth!

firestarter
    Free Member

id pimp any of the 5 spots then im biased and own a non horst 06 tho ive ridden both and cant tell the difference 😉

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Here she is:

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Whats treefrog paint??

pate
    Free Member

Keep it and spend some money on it. It deserves it. I’ve got ’05 with 5.5 rockers and PUSHed RP 23. Great bike. Always puts 😆 on my face when I get to ride it.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

As an owner of a horst 5 spot with PUSH rockers, a Hemlock ain’t gonna do nowt that the 5 spot can’t.

tlr

Just for balance, my newly built Hemlock, all parts secondhand (all off here I think). 150mm rocker, and I think that bigger forks would be better, but really easy to ride and only 29lbs.

Q
    Free Member

Pimp is my vote.

lowey

Pimp.

Gnnr

pimp. You’d be mad not too

woodsman
    Free Member

Keep the 5spot

mildred

Aren’t they virtually the same bike?

thefallguy
    Free Member

Pimp the turner, its a biking icon.

IMO its a bit like having an old ferrari and deciding to get rid to buy a new hot hatch cos its quicker to 60.

jae
    Free Member

keep,overhaul,and be happy.

familiarity goes a long way!

Mr_Krabbs
    Free Member

pimp it. I was in the same boat fairly recently. except i was going to swap mine for an ibis mojo, but I realised that it’s quite a risk spending a load of dosh on a new bike only to find it doesn’t feel as good as that 5 spot did.
    So I’m now going to buy some new forks and wheels, swap the DHX air for a pushed RP23 and that will give it a new lease of life.

duckman

Pimped it is Especially as I now get to spend hours pouring over the classified ads! Swift- treefrog green. Nearest I can think of to it is the paint job Santa Cruz use on the Chameleon.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Good Man.

kelvin

Keep the Turner, but don’t respray it, it’s nice how it is. New shock a good idea.

Aren’t they virtually the same bike?

Wheel at both ends and four-bar you mean? Yes.
    Simular handling and suspension action? No.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘STW decides; pimp my 5 spot or buy a hemlock’ is closed to new replies.