Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • STW Dales ride – 28th June 2009 – Interested ??
  • lowey

Following on from this thread, Ton has since discovered that he cant make it, so I’ll take up the mantle of organising it.

Meet in the Market Square at Settle Here.(Arial View)

Meet 9.30 onwards, looking to be riding for no later than 10am.

The route is a whisker under 30 miles with quite a lot of climbing and is pretty arduous, with a steep climb straight out of Settle. I would say that this will be the hardest of these recent STW rides. It will be a full day in the saddle, probably not getting back to Settle till maybe after 5pm if its a big group. Please bear this in mind if you are thinking of joining us. There will be a pub stop for refreshments at either Litton or Arncliffe.

I’ll post the route up tomorrow hopefully, but once we hit Littondale there will be few options to curtail the ride.

Pace will, as ever, be relaxed.

Pictures of the ride when we did it last are here.

Following the points raised in this thread, it is worth pointing out that if you come you do so at your own risk (cant believe I am actually typing this).

So, who’s up for it.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

funny to think of Tony as a lightweight…

Vortexracing

I ‘think’ you can count us lot in. Probably about 6 of us, assuming Joe can get her leg sorted by then.

I’ll start mentioning it to the Mrs now, then she cant say she doesn’t know about it 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

I am a maybe for this. If Trekster is coming too I’ll see about sharing a lift from Dumfries. I am not too fit right now so will need a couple of weeks to build my fitness back up before I venture out with a big group.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the rise of the “maybe” babies…

lowey

You old Cynic.

Good ride last night Dave ?

Vortexracing

Bloody cracker,ta dave, weather was spot on. will post a couple of piccies up tonight, mainly of a gifted 15 year jumping 20ft plus.

Oh to have confidence and balls!

It took me 1/2 hour to work up to a 3ft drop off. My ‘drop-off mojo’ appears to have well and truly left me.

That new DB Alpine ain’t half slack, may take a bit of getting used to.

yoshimi

Depends, have you taken a first aid course, prepared disclaimer, taken out the relevant insurance and will you be supplying each participant with a rape alarm?

pennine
    Free Member

You old Cynic

Well I think he was around (just) when Buddy Holly released ‘Maybe Baby” 😉

Si: What time you meeting in Bingley? might walk down for a quick natter. Due to operation I can’t cycle until w/e 27th which puts this ride out of the question.

lowey

jumping 20ft plus.

Jesus. Wouldn’t worry about drop off mojo mate… I never had one :p

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Si: What time you meeting in Bingley?

11am but if I have to get the train there I may be 50 minutes early 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

the rise of the “maybe” babies…

Humble apologies. I interpreted the title of the thread as asking for those who were interested, not for those who know this far in advance that they are free and totally definitely going to be there! Next time I express an interest in a ride you will have my 100% undying comitment to the cause which I will lay down my life for in order to be there. That good enough for you Mr Barnes? 😀

Or maybe I’ll just stay at home and ride Mabie.

pennine
    Free Member

SFB – YGM

Vortexracing

As well as us on our blingy bikes with big forks etc, some other guys were there on some nice DH/big All Mountain stuff (Cannondale Perp/Orange patriots etc)

‘Ickle’ Johnny was on his commencal meta 5 and was making us look old and ungifted.

Which is not unsurprising, as that is what we are

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes will be there

MrSparkle

Might be up for this Dave. Sounds like a good workout on the SS! Will be sending you some more details on the Real ale wobble in the near future.

lowey

Click Here for Route.

Sorry its a bit squashed, but you get the general idea. MM has it at 28.3 miles with 3775′ ascent.

Felt a lot bloody longer than that when I last did it though 😳

Mr. Sparkle… looking forward to it matey. Will have all Saturday to recover before this ride.

trio25
    Free Member

Can’t make it! Really want to get on one of these rides, before they are stopped for legal reasons 😆 Think of me stuck inside all day on a course!

fatgit
    Free Member

Dave
    We will have a contingent coming. Not sure of numbers yet though.
    Probably 6-8 I guess.
    cheers
    Steve

footstomper
    Free Member

I thinks i might like this one! If MrSparkle is going I will probably tag along.
    Hope to see you at the Ale Wobble we have had some great times over the last few years even when its been wet.

MrSparkle and others on one of our previous Wobbles

izakimak
    Free Member

I’m up for this dave i’ll see if any of the leyland posse are interested too.

lowey

Will you be riding to Settle ? 😛

izakimak
    Free Member

H’mmmmm now there’s an idea.

lowey

Bump… getting nearer.

Vortexracing

I hope you have ordered the weather again.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘STW Dales ride – 28th June 2009 – Interested ??’ is closed to new replies.