Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • STW Cotswold Massiv (Oh my God, remember them?) – This Sunday (15th)
  • IHN

There have been some incerdibly successful come-backs over the past year or so – Take That are once more the princes of pop, Fleetwood Mac are touring again and rumoured (hah, rumoured, geddit?) to be releasing new material, and lets not forget Mr Armstrong's appearance on the tarmac again.

However, all that is cast into dark shade against the momentous news that the STW Cotswold Massiv are back from the dead!

I know, it's almost too good to be true. But it's true.

So, 10:30 start from The Bell in Shurdington (GL51 4XQ). Social pace, post-ride pint.

Come one, come all.

sheldona
    Free Member

Thats nice of you to put a ride on for my birthday but I'll be at the Real Ale Wobble this weekend ;-(

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Will see if I can make it but will depend if it rains, if it does then I'm in (If not I'll be riding the family trail with the kids in FOD)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

pah, my birthday is the day before but i will be working a 24 hour day and then sleeping for most of the 15th

EVERY year i try and do the Real Ale Wobble on my birthday and i am always working 🙁

DarrenH

Bugger! I'm working a 12 hour day sunday, would of come along.
    Is there more rides planned for the future IHN?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

how far do you ride? where do you ride? for how long do you ride?

trickydisco
    Free Member

This sounds good. Back in the cotswolds for the weekend so probably up for this. Actually might be better to cycle to shurdington if there are post pints to be had 🙂

IHN

how far do you ride? where do you ride? for how long do you ride?

About 40km this week I think, to Slad and back via Birdlip, Painswick and Cranham, err three or four hours (been a while since I did it)?

Strictly non-racing snake pace. Hilarious banter and erudite conversation guaranteed (esp as Sheldon won't be there).

Darren – hopefully, watch this space.

Gav – dunno where your folks are, but Pete and I are riding from mine in Churchdown if you want a pre-ride brew

trickydisco
    Free Member

Nr sheldon's neck of the woods – aston somerville (few miles from ashton under hill)

Just wish i could use the cotswold way to get down to Chelt.. right on my doorstep

mboy
    Free Member

IHN

I may well come along, and I shall try and bring a few with me too…

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Put me down as a possible

rOcKeTdOg

seeing as sheldon isn't going are clown wheeled singlespeeds still allowed? i'll ask MTBmaff and see if he'll lower his standards to go,

oh and 40k, what's that in real money? 24.854847689 miles?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Hangover permitting I may or may not attend avec clown bike or not. ❓

mboy
    Free Member

I'll ask MTBmaff and see if he'll lower his standards to go

YES, give him a shout, make him come… And make sure he's riding the Maverick… 😉

Hangover permitting I may or may not attend avec clown bike or not.

I'm noticing a theme here mate… You ever tried NOT drinking your own body weight in Evesham's finest on a Saturday night perhaps? 😆

tang
    Free Member

hmmm would love to make it…i live just below painswick beacon in the village, let me know what time and numbers and i could deliver a flagon of hot coffee/fig roles to the trig? may have time to join for cranham leg. i was out last night with lookmanohands and its very wet in those there woods pack them mud treds..mail in profile

rOcKeTdOg

mud treads, i only have summer tyres!

rOcKeTdOg

take a map Maff, i have a feeling we'll need it!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Tang is right very muddy in Cranham in placse and a fair few puddles was up their today walking the dog.loads of leaves on deck so could be alot worse.Watch out for the TROLL living in the building underneath the shrine run he gets hungary at the weekend a few juicy mountain bikers would go down a treat.

tang
    Free Member

that building is huge, we peered in there last night with the lights.

Dancake
    Free Member

I am Supposed to be doing a Annual type works thing in the FOD. Its gone a bit quiet on that front so if it is not going on Ill be there!

Ok to bring along another couple of Gloucester boys.?

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Mmmm on nights but if the motoring public behave and I can get a kip, I might just make an appearance! Tang – you can park at my gaff and we could go from there?

tang
    Free Member

lookma – got something early on sunday with the kids. poss thinking of joining on the beacon. ive two 5ltr flasks at the ready…thurs is looking good till 5, might get a cheeky hour in with you and coticandy.

IHN

Clown wheels welcome, single speeds welcome, hangovers welcome, flasks of hot tea welcome (although God knows what time we'll get to Painswick, I'd have thought sometime after one), Gloucester boys welcome.

All welcome!

IHN

Wednesday morning bump

rOcKeTdOg

I've just had the H1N1 jab so put me down as a maybe!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Argh!!! Damn! Drat and blast!!! Too much to do on the same day!!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Someone has put a metal plate in front of it,funny that has appeared after GOZ mentioned it on here.You would not want to fall in their.There is a vent by it poking out of the ground.Strange building.

Goz
    Free Member

We could use it for imprisoning niche riding singlespeeders….

Bushwacked
    Free Member

… and anyone riding With comedy sized wheels…

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Hell yeh, alfine equiped comedy sized clown wheels at that!

Goz
    Free Member

Ian, sorry not to contact you about riding last monday, just felt lazy and the weather was'nt very inspiring….thats my excuse!

Philby

Bugger – injured arm / shoulder, and probable serious hangover after drinking Polish beer on Saturday night means very unlikely to make it this time 🙁

Si – good to hear you are getting your act together again and gettin' the Massiv down in the 'hood, innit, wicked!

Hope to join you on the next one!

Phil

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Allow for some additional time to get through Cranham's bogfest.

IHN

Friday morning bump

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Si – Unfortunately its doubtful I'm going to make this. Weather looks good so I'm expecting to be in FoD on the family trail having the time of my life!!! 🙂

tang
    Free Member

IHN- carpark above royal william, grey berlingo stocked with tea/coffee, biscuits etc. will be there from 1.15pm. its pissing now but set for some clearer weather on sun. drop me a line if you cancel. any good?

IHN

Tang – you're a gentleman and a scholar 🙂

mtbmaff
    Free Member

IHN,

I will be making a very rare appearance with the legendary rocketdog, we will be in easy mode 🙂

Thanks Matt.

tang
    Free Member

not the royal willy carpark but up the lane past the first car parking spot(busy on sun), under the height barrier and the parking under the trees(good if its raining) opp the 9th green.

IHN

Right, I've had fun on Memory Map, 40km, 1200m climb route sorted.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘STW Cotswold Massiv (Oh my God, remember them?) – This Sunday (15th)’ is closed to new replies.