Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • stw commuters – blustery weather?
  • ski
    Free Member

Did you have it with you or against you today?

I had it full on, all the way in on my 7 mile trip today, felt like I was going backwards at times!

Just hope its not changing direction for the return 😉

wors

from the side mostly, at least the rain has stoppped though!

jackthedog
    Free Member

With on the way in, so looking forward to commute home against it…

auldy
    Free Member

Against on the way home last night – horizontal rain also made for a tough 10 miles

Nick

Last night it was a bit all over the place, one long draggy climb was a bugger but otherwise the 20 miles went pretty easily.

Riding again tomorrow, expecting it to be a bit grim 🙂

aP
    Free Member

Yesterday it was head wind to work, then head wind home.
    Side wind this morning, hopefully no blustery tail wind (crosses fingers).

cynic-al
    Free Member

Headwind in the Burgh – same as most days.

oomidamon

Head wind all the way in this morning, added 5mins to my usual time!

franki
    Free Member

Full-on headwind this morning. Probably added 5mins for me too.
    Knackered me as I was on my ss and couldn’t change down. (Obviously!)

Gary_M
    Free Member

Mostly side winds and a bit of a headwind. Seems to be a north west wind at the moment and I travel north east to work so south west home, so should have a good tailwind for some of the journey. A tailwind home is very unusual so I’m looking forward to it – I travel sw towards the sea across a moor so the wind comes right off the sea and there are no hiding places. But I’m just hoping it doesn’t change direction for the return trip.

s1m0n
    Free Member

Headwind all the way – an extra 5-10 mins on the commute. Going home should be fun though (fingers crossed the wind stays the same).

It’s days like today when I’m thankful I’ve only got a 40t chainring on the singlespeed.

molgrips
    Free Member

Been doing well with the cycling in lately, but drove today since I might be ferrying people around tonight. Where’s my Big Dummy when I need it 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Either with me or across me this morning.

Full in my face last night for 20 mile after my detour across the bridge to reclaim some property. It’d **** destroyed me by the time I got home.

zaskar
    Free Member

Cheated by taking the car and resting my legs.

acjim
    Free Member

mainly side wind – some wobbly moments going past gaps in hedges!

woffle
    Free Member

Pretty much either straight into it or a dangerous sidewind all the way to the station this morning. Took longer than usual and arrived more knackered too.

I had the same yesterday, was looking forward to the 15 miles home with a tailwind until I snapped the chain 2 minutes into the ride and had to call home to be collected. Had a very chilly 30 minute wait.

younggeoff

Headwind all the way in from the coast, chances are it’ll turned by the time I’m heading home too 🙁

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I’ve got a 30 mile road ride along the Severn Estuary tonight.

Great. 😐

younggeoff

Headwind all the way in from the coast, chances are it’ll have turned round by the time I’m heading home too 🙁

yossarian
    Free Member

nice fresh tailwind this morning. hopefully it will have died down a bit for the ride home, i have a horrible cold and an eye infection at the mo so not feeling terribly good.

steve-t
    Free Member

tailwind in 😀 headwind home 🙁 makes for a VERY long 13 miles, even on a road bike

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘stw commuters – blustery weather?’ is closed to new replies.