• This topic has 1,595 replies, 106 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 1,596 total)
  • STW Chub Club 2017
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

I ate “whatever I wanted” over the weekend – I just didn’t eat too much of it 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I meant to send an email, but I ate it.

Will send another.

rocco

I’m in, have put on a stone of the weight I previously lost at start of Chubclub. Will send an email later when I am home

RobHilton
    Free Member

I meant to send an email, but I ate it.

Calorie neutral snack

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Email sent, will try and stick to the programme this time.

dcl

I managed to sign up and have a fry up, a few beers and an Indian all within 12 hours!!
    Pushed me to start running again a couple of times and a very muddy ride!!
    Eating rice cakes while the wife eats fudge is not easy!!!

grenosteve
    Free Member

stop being such a **** to yourself.

Why beat yourself up about bouncing between 98 and 100kg. Phrase it differently…..

“I’ve lost 20kg this year and I’m managing to keep that loss pretty steady +/- a bit even though I’ve lapsed a few times”

You’re a **** winner mate, don’t forget it.

Cheers Jon! 😀 Your motivation is always appreciated.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve lost all track of time. Should we be getting reminders or something.

Doesn’t really matter I guess, given I am going to start Monday…..always Monday 😀

grenosteve
    Free Member

Lost 1.5kg over the last two weeks. 🙂 Good start.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

1.3 kg lost for me. I even said no to a plum crumble on sunday

RobHilton
    Free Member

Soooooorry!!!! I was busy-busy this morn. Email now sent – please do update your vital statistics.

I too managed to lose track of things a bit – am contemplating making this a weekly thang, just to keep it in the forefront of my tiny mind. Anyone else think it might help them out to make it weekly??

I even said no to a plum crumble on sunday

Well played, that man!

morphio
    Free Member

For once, work is travel working my favour – big event next week, not enough sleep and feeling under the weather. Has meant it’s been easy to make myself avoid alcohol and eat healthy food this week.

RobHilton
    Free Member

The following miscreants have not done their weight update

Matt H
    GrenoSteve
    JAAAAAAAAMIE
    Schrickvr6
    Rocco

Whether it’s due to shame, laziness or apathy, I don’t care – especially if it’s apathy :mrgreen:
    Get it done; you know you want to really.

theotherjonv

good job everyone. I got a bit disillusioned having plateaued for too long at a bit under 14st. Meanwhile my wife’s been doing brilliantly on Slimming World, and she persuaded me to try eating what she makes for me / tells me to have for lunch and snacks at work for a couple of weeks and see what I can do.

5.5 lbs off since 1/10. I don’t subscribe to diets but this has all been lean meat and vegetables and fruit. I miss whacking the cheese board…… but can’t moan at results.

13st 5lb this morning. I wanted to be 12 something by end Sept, it’s almost in grasp by end Oct.

RobHilton
    Free Member

5.5 lbs off since 1/10

Nicely done JV!

Also,

I miss whacking the cheese board

top euphemism :mrgreen:

lunge

12 months ago I started a couch to 5k programme, I was running but it was hard as I was too heavy. Chub club started gave me a bit of focus and I lost a good chunk of timber over the programme.
    Today I ran my first marathon in a respectable 3h55m time.
    So thank you Jon for starting this, it has done the job for me and I am very grateful.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That is top work Lunge! A bloody marathon!

dantsw13

Hello chubclubbers!! Been out of the loop for a few months! For those who are new, I lost 2.5st this year in 2017 Chub Club mk1, eating ultra low carb.

Over the summer, I’ve had no kitchen due to building work, making things tough, but I’m still only a few lbs over my lowest weight, and staying stable. I have basically completely reset my perception of food this year. Whilst I still eat low (processed) carb, avoiding cakes & biscuits, moderation is everything now.

Good luck all!

theotherjonv

Yay…. top work Lunge!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I had been enjoying eating well and enjoying it but have just returned from a four day eatathon in Bordeaux, I’m dead keen to jump back on the wagon tomorrow but have a birthday do on Wednesday so I’ll probably have no choice but to gorge myself silly. I’ll try and update my weight tomorrow.

RobHilton
    Free Member

It is what it is 🙂 Lapse & relapse, but get back on it when it suits.

Lunge – great work!

RobHilton
    Free Member

@IHN you didn’t input your start & target weights, so I’ve done it for you based on what I felt like at the time 🙂

Those still to update are:
    Schrickvr6
    Rocco

A scolding email will be the next means of communication :mrgreen:

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’ve only lost a teeny bit so will have to try harder over the next 7 days…

I’ve added a Progress to Target calculation (%) to the Progress Chart and done a simple Top 5 table – also Progress to Target. This can easily be expanded to show the full list if anyone wants.

Some good progress shown by some; anyone who has one the worng way, don’t get disheartened – you’ve got the rest of your life to drop the weight – it’s not a race :).

RobHilton
    Free Member

Is it that time agen? Already?

Why yes, yes it is. Get your updates in please peoples.

I, myself, appear to be taking a very slowly-slowly catchy-skinny-munkey approach. Not by design; I’m not even close to target, but I’m going in the right direction – so I’m feeling quite good about it.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Happy-clap-clap! It’s *still* going in the right direction for me – YAY!

Anyhoo, less about me and more about us… the following have yet to update:

Dcl
    JAAAAAAAAMIE
    Morph
    Rocco

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I managed to drag my fat arse out the door for a run the other day, my first run in two years and managed 5k in 32 minutes which I was quite pleased with all things considered, and about 3.5kg down, so YAY from me too.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Good work all.
    I seem to be progressing slowly. I’m squatting over the toilet bowl in the gym three times a week so I’d like to think my muscle mass is increasing hence I’m not plummeting down in weight. maybe.

I’ve started using the my fitness pal thing to keep an eye on food. If you don’t exercise its amazing how little you can eat…!

chakaping
    Free Member

After 10 months of crapness I just went and smashed my target in two weeks – losing 4kg.

Having flu isn’t cheating, is it?

Jamie
    Free Member

JAAAAAAAAMIE

Fixed. I think I have resigned myself to just not putting weight on till the new year

RobHilton
    Free Member

Having flu isn’t cheating, is it?

Little bit 🙂 I’ve had gastric problems for a couple of weeks and couldn’t eat or drink for a few days without barfing so my weight shot right down – mostly due to water loss… Now I’m eating loads of white carbs cos they don’t aggravate me, but there’s a decent chance I’ll go up a trouser size soon because of it.

Anyhoo… get your updates in please.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I think I have resigned myself to just not putting weight on till the new year

Doesn’t seem unreasonable – if I can be arsed I’ll be making some changes to the process over Chrimble and launching (to great fanfare) a 2018 edition.

If I can be arsed :mrgreen:

IHN

83.9 this morning, happy with that, I rode a bike yesterday and evryfink.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I done added some pretty piccys to the Progress_Charts tab, for your pleasure.

I also put on a pound – dammit! Now I have to lose 3 in the next fortnight…

Get your updates in please folks.

IHN

85 this morning, flipping flip 🙁

firestarter
    Free Member

Bit of an update as I dropped out a while back injured and getting fatter. My goals were at the start were (cut and paste)

I’ll update my figures here so I have a record of target if that’s OK
    Currently 13 St 11 3/4 lbs aiming for 13.9 month. 13.2 3 month, 12.7 6 month.
    Would ideally like to be between 12 and 12 half stone
    Oh I’m five ten BTW
    Ta

Id gone up to 14 stone 5 at the fattest and i’m now at 12 stone 1 pound meaning I’m down 32 pounds or 2 stone 4 pounds in old money 🙂

I leave the rehabilitation center at the end if the week much improved from when I arrived and should be back at work soon injury free 🙂

theotherjonv

Top job Firestarter – I know you struggled but that’s amazing!

Wait – you’ve not been rehabbing from a nasty amputation have you?

firestarter
    Free Member

Lol no mate turns out I injured my hip at some point without realising and the various pains since have been from me compensating in my movements. And cheers 😉 I’m very pleased

RobHilton
    Free Member

I said nice one bruvvva!!

This changes the game somewhat! With the emergence of a stalking horse howsyourdad has gone from bookies’ favourite to an also-ran. Unless he’s up for living on water and vitamin tablets between now and Christmas there’s not much chance of him winning the grand prize*

*There is no prize (the cake is a lie), just a happy waistline.

Rob is feeling motivated by Firestarter’s success :).

Jamie
    Free Member

Ha! Suck it Rob!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 1,596 total)

The topic ‘STW Chub Club 2017’ is closed to new replies.