• This topic has 1,595 replies, 106 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,596 total)
  • STW Chub Club 2017
  • Wally

Two weeks till the big weigh in milestone! Focus needed, I am yo-yoing badly.

Tiger6791

Is Friday a weigh in?

How we all doing?

superjohn71
    Free Member

Yep. Weigh in this Friday by my records. Dreading it, as i was working away for nearly a week and it involved many beers and curries with my work colleague. Flat lining would be a victory for me, but I’m ready for a gain.

theotherjonv

Yes, Friday is a weigh in, but because of there being 13 weeks to a quarter, next Friday 31st is ALSO a weigh in and is the official March target one.

If people want to miss this week and instead just give me next week’s, I won’t hold it against you; equally happy if you send me one this week as well.

dantsw13

I’ve been holding my low weight nicely. I’m intentionally not counting Kcal for the last 2 weeks and I’ve had no “dead cat bounce” which is promising. That period includes my dads funeral and wake, 5 days in St Lucia and 5 days eating my body weight of red meat in Brazil too.

harrytoo
    Free Member

Really into it.

Look forward to weigh ins every week.

Running at a net 1500 calories / day on Myfitness tracker (only failure in a month was when trainer broke so I was unable to hit zwift on a wet, cold Saturday night)

Combination of reducing snacking, no booze, daily exercise (60 minute ride / zwift) has meant that the weight has been falling off steadily at a lb or so a week.

Already approaching my target weight for the end of summer and trying to figure out how to move from an “all out offence” to “holding pattern” as holiday season approaches…..

Really chuffed with progress, need a new wardrobe now though…..

Tiger6791

4lbs down – slowly, slowly catchy monkey

MoreCashThanDash

Been quite good the last couple of weeks diet wise, got some decent rides in, looking trimmer in the mirror, feeling good about this morning’s weigh in.

Got on the scales – back up to 181lbs!

**** stupid game this…

IHN

Have recovered from last weigh-in’s post-holiday apocalypse; 187.9lb/85.2kg, so happy with that. Aim is to stay below 85kg long term, so that’s on the cards.

Tiger6791

Got on the scales – back up to 181lbs!

This happened to me as well, initially a big loss then 4 weeks of staying the same or gaining a pound or 2 but belt size went down.

Started to drop again now but it was 4 weeks of static weight.

rocco

theotherjonv – Member

Yes, Friday is a weigh in, but because of there being 13 weeks to a quarter, next Friday 31st is ALSO a weigh in and is the official March target one.

If people want to miss this week and instead just give me next week’s, I won’t hold it against you; equally happy if you send me one this week as well.

Excellent, was thinking today was official March weigh in and Im currently 8lbs behind target. Won’t all come off in a week but another 2lbs will look better than 8.

Had a good, and subsequently bad, 2 weeks as been away on holiday and decided to completely relax and enjoy some family time. I have dragged it back this week and now weigh less than I did before going away. 8lbs off target so with a good week should make that look a little better.

Anyone else starting to get a few comments of “You don’t need to lose any more weight” yet I still have a little fat belly to lose.

morphio
    Free Member

99kg or 218

Not a million miles off target, but still disappointed. Bit heavier than I was a month ago, and basically letting it slide since routine was lost after operation and work went nuts. Need to knuckle down again.

dantsw13

Holding my target weight now without counting Kcal at 195lbs. Now it’s time for the fitness work.

mazz
    Free Member

The plateau continues…I have not moved at all through last 3 weigh-ins. Although frustrating (and I have not been consistently disciplined) it does mean it hasn’t gone in the wrong direction. I’ll take this (for now).

theotherjonv

yep, also plateaued a bit these last few weeks. Need to be more disciplined on my 5 days of the 5:2.

Jeans are looser though, belt is a notch or two in, so maybe the riding and zwifting is adding tone as much as the diet is cutting weight.

I sometimes need to remind myself of what i have told a few others on here; look back at your early Jan self. Compared to that, most of us look and feel a load better irrespective of whether we’ve hit a somewhat arbitrary target in the meantime. Don’t give the improvements away too readily, they’re hard to get back, as much as worrying about what the next improvement will be.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Not the best week for me, still eating 1500 kcals a day but not ridden much at all this week – recovering a bit for HTN tomorrow. 🙂

Next week I’ll be back on weight loss with a vengeance! 😈

daftvader
    Free Member

i have only dropped a lb in the last 2 weeks and expect to gain in the next as i have 3 weeks sitting on me arse enforced rest after an op….

superjohn71
    Free Member

Dropped a pound in two weeks, which would normally not be so good, but as 5 days out of those 14 I was very off it, as I was working away eating curries and drinking ale, I’m very happy indeed.

I have run out of belt holes (in a good way! 🙂 ) of a belt that my good lady gave me just over a year ago, and deffo need a belt with all my size 32” trousers, even the ones from makes that are renowned for sizing up a bit small.

5 lbs to go, then its an all out assault on fitness, with a bit of vanity weight training.

Jamie
    Free Member

Losing weight still, not sure from where, as still got me little pot belly.

lunge

Dropped again, I think I’m now past my target but there’s still work to be done. Chris Froome is my body goal…

dantsw13

Hey GrenoSteve – I see you’ve joined me as biggest loser – great work!! How are you feeling? Noticing the difference?

dantsw13

I might regret this………..

Last year after 2 weeks of American food:

This year 33bs lighter:

blitz

@dantsw13 – Amazing, well done!

I’ve stayed the same, partly as my road bike has been out of action for the last 2 weeks with a cracked rim so no Zwift or road rides and I haven’t done enough food wise to counter that. New wheels being delivered this morning but need to lose 4lb in a week to meet my March goal now so unlikely to make it. If I can get a couple of pound off I won’t be too disappointed.

spekkie
    Free Member

Anyone got tips on what works for them once the weight plateaus?

Stage one was smaller portions and less confectionary. Worked ok.
    Stage two was to add “removing sugar from tea and coffee” and starting a little “post winter” exercise. I’m active anyway but started riding properly mid Feb. Worked ok.
    Stage three – added “riding regularly now it’s spring”.

Now I’m doing all of the above, I’ve lost 5kg (down to 82.5 now) but it seems I’m stuck.

I suspect this is where most people on diet struggle. After the really obvious stuff has finished working (less rubbish everyday for a start) – what do you do next?

I realise that this is the million dollar question that whole diet industries are based around . . . . But what works for you?

weeksy

Work harder. For me it has been double the cycling miles and efforts, both on Zwift and real life. In some ways it’s never as simple as eat less, move more, but then in some ways it really can be.

dantsw13

I think the truth is exercise for fitness, but to shift the lard it’s all diet. For me it’s been cutting out the carbs. Completely initially, now I’m having some brown rice, 2 beers a week, some dark chocolate, but staying off cakes/bread/biscuits.

Blitz – go fully carb free for a week I reckon you’ll definitely hit your target.

I got a bit of abuse for an extreme diet – all the old adages rolled out:
    “If you lost it quickly you’ll put it all back on”
    “It’s only water weight”
    “You will lose all your muscle”

Well, I’ve been monitoring my fat content, muscle mass and water content as I go.
    Muscle mass the same.
    Water ratio the same,
    Fat content now down to 16%. In the fitness/athletic bracket!!

Now to keep it off!

lunge

Fitness is going up, just dropped my 5k PB below 21 minutes. Absolutely loving life at the moment.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Dants, feels good! Looking forward to being a lot lighter now! Although It is getting much harder…

How about you? Feel better now?

Tiger6791

Anyone got tips on what works for them once the weight plateaus?

Just keep on keeping on,

took me 4 weeks before it started to come off again

dantsw13

GS – certainly am. Sleeping better too.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Bad and good news today, got to buy a nice new motorbike jacket which is very nice and fits awesome but a bit tight so I can slim into it (size is a large) – I’m chuffed that I needed to buy it, old jackets are like riding wearing a tent! Bad news is I had to buy a new motorbike jacket today! – they ain’t cheap!

Luckily I bought some Kevlar jeans in the wrong size about 4 years ago and they fit great now. 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

grenosteve – Member
    Good news today

Congrats. Whatever you’re doing, appears to be providing the desired result. Keep going.

🙂

dantsw13

Yes, definitely not cheap this dieting malarkey, but so worth it!

Jamie
    Free Member

Luckily I can just fit back into all the the clothes from a year or so ago I’d ‘outgrown’.

Jamie
    Free Member

So tomorrow is the penultimate goal date. Hope everyone is doing well 🙂

blitz

Just weighed in. Missed my goal weight by 2lb but still pretty happy to have dropped from 194lb to 183lb since the start. Feeling good on it which is the main thing. I think I would’ve made it but for the weeks holiday in Feb where I put on 4lb.

8lb to go for my goal weight. 1lb a week should be doable but we’ll see!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Wally

Just weighed in and just got under the wire. 0.6lbs spare from target, however I had a dramatic early loss and now finding the next 50% tough. Discovering your exact poundage of morning ablutions is more than I needed to know.

Also wishing everyone well and welcoming new wardrobes.

muggomagic

Crap, didn’t realise it was a weigh in day. Jon I’ll do it tomorrow morning if that’s ok?

theotherjonv

Official end March weigh in today – usual format.

Focus will then switch to your end Jun target (which is another 13 weeks away, blitz) So we’re only halfway, for those that are plateauing (me) the better weather will give more incentive to get out and exercise and also an incentive to get our bodies beach ready. Photos will not be necessary on that point.

If anyone wants a reset of their end Jun target based on this result then now’s the time to do it. Equally, if anyone wants out let me know.

Will also do a cumulative add up of the collective results, and hand out kudos prizes for the big achievers, etc.

Jamie
    Free Member

Sent weight in. Beat target by 5lbs, but due to reasons that’s not quite the win one would think.

Have also sent revised end goal.

Thanks again for sorting this out, Jon.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,596 total)

The topic ‘STW Chub Club 2017’ is closed to new replies.