• This topic has 1,595 replies, 106 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,596 total)
  • STW Chub Club 2017
  • morphio
    Free Member

98.6, 217lbs
    Flat lining since operation. Excuses lack of being able to cycle and work travel last week. Need to pull my finger out and get back on it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Some more tail up trim then Dan, nice work. Can I ask what weight you where in that Rio picture you posted a while back ? You looked a lot under 200.

Managing steady 1lb a week so happy about that 80.2kg to 78.2 – looking forward to getting out riding soonish. Knee rehab sessions have helped a lot.

dantsw13

Jambalaya – I’ve always had big strong legs, so don’t necessarily look my weight. I was probably 215-220 in that photo. . I haven’t been under 200lb in 20 years!! Even at 220lb+ I could comfortably churn out 100km on the road bike, so basic fitness never a problem, just carrying too much timber. I do ok until it gets steep, then it’s a lot to drag upwards.

The whole “exercise to lose weight” conundrum is interesting. Last year, I exercised more than I ever have – riding twice a week and a circuits class. No weight shifted. This year I took a hard look at my diet, as that had to be the issue. The results are there to see!

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve done naff all exercise, other than walking, and found weight loss to be more manageable.

dantsw13

I think mentally, when we exercise hard we think we need to eat something energy packed. I’m getting into fasted exercise at the moment. Twice this week I’ve gone for a run (1 x slow with my wife, 1 x 30sec sprint intervals) in the morning fasted. I’ve also done a 75km hilly ride recently on a bowl of porridge, no food on the bike, just zero cal vitamin water.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ve done naff all exercise, other than walking, and found weight loss to be more manageable.

Same here, planning to hit the gym again once I’ve shed some pounds. Anyway a bad two weeks for me post valentines but ready to get back on the wagon.

superjohn71
    Free Member

I’m toying with the idea of returning to the gym, at least to do a bit of lifting aimed at improving my core strength and posture. I can do all this at home, of course, but there is something about going to the gym that somehow installs a bit of discipline into me, even though it’s a faff because I have to drive there. It’s also handy to crack out some cardio if the weather is to rubbish for either cycling or running. They’ve also got a really good pool, and learning to swim properly is on my to do list. However, it ain’t cheap.

dantsw13

In my experience, if a gym isn’t extremely convenient you won’t stick to going, but will be stuck with the membership.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Aye, I used to me a member of this particular gym, and only stopped going for reasons that no longer apply. I had intended to work out at home, but it just hasn’t happened like it used to when I went to the gym. The good news is that their contacts are one month rolling, so if it doesn’t encourage me like it used to, I could quit. But you’re right that gym contacts are usually the spawn of Satan! 😆

dantsw13

When I lived really close to one in London, with a lovely pool (and before i had kids!) I used one loads. I’ve also kidded myself I will use one in less perfect circumstances, and paid a fortune.

Sounds like your one works for you, which is great. As above though, be careful of thinking you can exercise yourself thin.

dantsw13

My first day off this year today. It’s my sons 9th birthday, and would have been my dads 70th but he fell a week short. Pub lunch with my family, and mum, so it’s a “sod it” day today.

Tiger6791

Quite right

theotherjonv

I hope you have a great day, and enjoy double helpings of pudding as a celebration of a life well lived and a life to be lived.

Plus it gives the rest of us a chance to catch up 😉

dantsw13

Cheers – I’ll be gutted if I put 20lbs back in 1 day!! Does bowling this afternoon count as my daily exercise?

Tiger6791

Birthday weekend so included…

Wine
    Beer
    Pizza x 2
    Doritos
    Chocolate (kids made me play Poison and Cutting up chocolate bar with full winter attire and knife and fork)

But also included…

Half marathon https://www.strava.com/activities/880098977
    Which I then jogged home from after https://www.strava.com/activities/880178610

So feel I may have undone some of the crap eaten

theotherjonv

Half marathon Which I then jogged home from after

Haha my only exercise all week was the sunday social club run. After a tooth out on Monday and a filthy cold the rest of the week I barely hung on to that to the coffee stop. Then in trying to work out why my front brake was virtually ineffective i found out I’d lost a pad from it. At which point another 40km into the wind lost its appeal and instead I rode 5km to the nearest station and climbed onto the broom wagon train.

And had another cuppa and a muffin to get over it.

You can’t outride a bad diet and you certainly can’t by getting the train home while eating a cake instead.

Ah well, another 12 days to make up for it.

SaxonRider

Was away on Friday for last weigh-in, so didn’t send in my data. The thing is, I don’t think it’s changed. The scales seem to be stuck between 180 and 182 lbs and have been for weeks.

I commute by bike to work every day, and get at least a couple of additional proper rides in per week.

I hardly ever exceed 2000 calories.

I think I will just have to have my abdomen liposuctioned.

Dickyboy

Wife likes baking I like eating, it’s a shit combination when you are trying to diet 🙁

dantsw13

Lot of food yesterday, only 1 lb up this morning which is pretty much the food weight, so survived!!

Tiger6791

Into month 3 and every lb lost now is hard work.

🙄 😕 🙂

dantsw13

Yes, true – but don’t forget how far we have come too. I see old pictures of me and feel a bit shocked.

Jamie
    Free Member

I seem to be losing weight relatively easy. Not sure why/how….but I have been a bit more active day to day over the last few weeks.

I see old pictures of me and feel a bit shocked.

In the MFP app when you log a weigh-in, you can add a pic. Kinda wish I had done from the beginning, just to see what a stone-ish off looks like.

superjohn71
    Free Member

So do I – I know I’m as slimmer as clothes fit better, but I wish I’d taken progress photos.

Had an unofficial weigh in today; another 2 lbs down, which is encouraging as I had a couple of ‘off plan’ days ( I.e. on the beer!) but stayed on track the rest of the week. This bodes well for when I get to the maintenance stage as me and the good lady have decided we would like a couple of nights a week where we don’t drink / indulge, and eat healthier the rest of the time.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Had a good week this week – lost 2.5lbs making a total of 15.5.

About a month ago i seemed to plateau and didnt lose much for about 3 weeks despite trying hard with exercise and food / drink consumption.

I’m still doing my fitness challenge and as were now in March the daily distances have doubled again – 4 mile run / 8 mile walk / 20 mile ride. The ride suits me best bit the 90 minute activity is hard to accommodate around work and family every day. Still, its going well and i’ll pass the 1000km cycling mark for 2017 later today which is none too shabby!

Jamie
    Free Member

After a terrible weekend, biscuits, ice cream etc, I somehow managed to hold on to some of last weeks losses. Currently 15lbs, with 15lbs to go. So at the half way stage.

Have had to lower my weight target, as what I thought was my target weight is not going to be enough due to not being as active/muscle-bound as I was a couple of years ago.

On a side note I wonder what the drop off rate is for the challenge now?

theotherjonv

On a side note I wonder what the drop off rate is for the challenge now?

73 members, iirc there were 71 originals and then some late adopters, plus a couple have voluntarily withdrawn.

Of those 73 – 19 have not provided the last weigh in (24/2)

Of those 19 – 2 haven’t provided a weigh in for the last 2 (ie since 27/1), 7 haven’t provided a weigh in since 13/1, and one hasn’t actually managed to provide one at all. They are marked as inactive on my list but I promised I wouldn’t delete anyone unless they asked and so they’re still getting the emails. So 9/19 have missed this last one but have Friday before they become dead to me 😉

Tiger6791

Eh? 😯

dantsw13

Well, I haven’t managed to quite live up to previous weeks, but considering my dad died, my sons birthday, and Ive just spent 5 days in St Lucia, 1-2lbs down by friday will be a remarkable result!!

grenosteve
    Free Member

So how’s everyone doing? still on it I hope!

I had an ace week last week, dropped my daily kcals a bit and stuck to it really well, and made sure everything I ate was very low fat.

This week feels slower – some one brought biscuits into the office (be rude not to have a couple! 😛 ) and had a few treats at the weekend, need to re-focus a bit.

Still, looks like I’ll be sub 100kg at the start of April, maybe even in March.

Feeling much quicker on the bike too, so feeling good for Hit The North in a few weeks. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I have noticed I have been less strict on watching what I eat, and am slowly drifting towards old habits.

Plan on righting the ship this week before any permanent damage is done.

Tiger6791

So how’s everyone doing? still on it I hope!

Still going, weight is coming off a lot slower but still going in the right direction…

spekkie
    Free Member

Had a slow start but still ticking along in the right direction 🙂

Stage 1 (for 7 weeks) – Initially I cut down on portion sizes and tried to eat less junk.
    Stage 2 – Continue with above but now stop putting sugar into tea and coffee.
    Stage 3 – All of above plus ramp up exercise. Took effort not to reward a hard ride with sugary foods and stuff but I’m managing so far.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Had a bit of a blow out yesterday, cod with lentils was the good part, homemade hollandaise sauce by the ladle full not so good. The ok part is weight no worse than last weigh in. Looking forward to getting some bike rides in a few weeks. Although I am ahead of weight loss target I set myself that was on the basis of muscle build up so I see myself as behind.

dantsw13

I’ve come off my strict 800Kcal now after 8 weeks. Still eating low carb to finish off the final few pounds. No bread, white rice, cake or biscuits since 1 Jan and don’t miss it.

grenosteve
    Free Member

On for a good one this week, I may even overthrow Santsw13 as “biggest loser” if I’m lucky! 😉

800 Kcal a day is harsh! 😯 I’ve struggled with 1400 a day for the last two weeks, but I have commuted a (hilly) hour each way too.

Tiger6791

Noooooooo.

Need more days before Friday…

Jamie
    Free Member

I think tomorrow might be my first levelling off.

theotherjonv

Day off today – so went out and did a metric 100 on 2 bagels and a toasted teacake at the cafe. Weighed after I got back (which is cheating because I’d have sweated a load out as well) and just failed to get into the 13’s (14st 0.25lb)

Will weigh in the morning too, still well on track for my end Mar (3 weeks time) target of 14.2

Debating whether to have takeaway for tea!

Jamie
    Free Member

I might need to rejig my targets again, as still have too much slack built in. Will see what happens tomorrow.

dantsw13

I was 14st dead this morning, so 3lb off since last weigh in and achieved my final goal ! 50km ride in the sun this afternoon, so hoping for sub 14st for the first time in over 20 years in the morning!!

I’m transitioning to my long term life plan now – eating higher Kcal, still low carb, no processed cr&p and upping the exercise.

I’ve revised my own soft target now to 13st7, which was my weight when I started RAF officer training in 1995 – the fittest I’ve ever been.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,596 total)

The topic ‘STW Chub Club 2017’ is closed to new replies.