• This topic has 1,595 replies, 106 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,596 total)
  • STW Chub Club 2017
  • Jamie
    Free Member

That means 16 ‘fallers’ but of those two didn’t even give weigh-in 1 info.

We will feast on the fallen.

Binners! Get the pastry! We’re gonna make people pie!

RobHilton
    Free Member

We’re gonna make people pie!

Somewhat preferable to a man sandwich :mrgreen:

perchypanther
    Free Member

We’re gonna make people pie!

Do NOT try the sausage rolls.

woody21
    Free Member

20 lbs lost since New Years Eve – cut out bread, sweets and alcohol; 4 lbs lost in the last week

Jamie
    Free Member

Somewhat preferable to a man sandwich

A manwich 😳

Do NOT try the sausage rolls.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BpcArRYTpE[/video]

dantsw13

Well done Y’all! The fact my wife is doing it with me – armed with planners and spreadsheets – certainly is helping me. I’ve just been reading up on low carb endurance cycling, which sounds interesting. I’ll be giving it a go in San Francisco next week. The consensus is endurance is fine, as your body is burning it’s own fat, but sprint power will be down. As expected I guess.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just thinking out loud, but would it be possible to slightly adjust targets?

If it’s too much trouble, then don’t worry about it, but as things stand, due to doing quite well so far, I have 8 weeks to lose 4lbs. Not saying that’s easy, but could probably do with setting a slightly harder goal.

theotherjonv

By all means, just make it clear what you want to revise to in an email to me with your STW name and I’ll amend the target.

lunge

Poor weekend for me.

Exercised well, did my longest ever run Saturday morning and a solid 45 minute turbo blast on Sunday night.

Sadly, the bit in between was messy. Beers and lots of crisp followed by a huge meal Saturday night, Sunday was a BIG breakfast followed by grazing all day. However, I have a reasonably sensible week ahead planned, albeit Saturday has potential to be heavy. Also giving blood on Thursday so that’s a pound gone for a start.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Had a slightly bad (by choice) weekend, Friday, Sat and Sun I’ve done 2400ish kcals a day, but did ride for an hour on sat morning.

Enjoyed a pub burger, half a big pizza, toasted teacakes for breakfasts, some fish and chips, a ‘few’ JD and (diet)cokes and a some sugary treats. 🙂

Still 111.9 kg this morning, so not put anything on sine Friday, but enjoyed the well deserved treats after smashing it in January.

Back on it for Feb now, and looking to get very close to 100kg by the end of March.

Binners, that pie looks amazing! 😯

Spekkie, I’d try and cut the sugar right down, have sugar free fizzy drinks and lean to enjoy tea/coffee without sugar.

Jamie
    Free Member

By all means, just make it clear what you want to revise to in an email to me with your STW name and I’ll amend the target.

Sent.

Now watch me miss all the new targets 😀

dantsw13

No Pie update Binners?

At Monday circuits the instructor had her dreaded fat scales 😥

Body fat down to 17%, water holding steady, maintained muscle mass.

So I’m 20lbs down, maintained water and muscle mass!! 17% body fat drops me into the top end of “fitness active”!!

binners

Pie update:

After avoiding pastry for a month, the cow pie was worth the wait. As amazing as ever, and even though I opted for mash instead of chips, I still felt like I’d eaten a sofa, and lapsed into a food coma.

Back on the wagon again today, and just off out for another big walk. If I can get Mrs Binners out of Lakeland Plastics. And that’s a big if! 😀

Tiger6791

Put a bit of weight back on.. (still, it was a stupid initial amount to lose)

Belt still 2 notches tighter

Not riding much so gonna try this Zwift malarky

Jamie
    Free Member

I opted for mash instead of chips,

You’re dead to me.

MoreCashThanDash

Away with at a mates Friday and Saturday which may have involved alcohol, takeaways and hog roasts, domestic duties Sunday, and a stinking head cold today that has postponed the planned catch up ride.

Still, with my nose pouring snot like Niagara Falls in the rainy season, I figure that there should be some weight loss going on, somehow.

Not part of the club, but lost 12lb (down from 13st 7lb) in 3 weeks by stopping drinking, cutting out processed crap and generally eating a bit less

binners

Jamie – Member

I opted for mash instead of chips,

You’re dead to me.

Thats easy for you to say. You don’t have to live in this pit of self-loathing. I just don’t know who I am any more 😥

superjohn71
    Free Member

Got my good lady to measure me and since the beginning of Chub club, I’ve lost 1.5cms round my neck, 7cms round my waist and 4cm from my hips. I had noticed this, as most of the fancy pants clothes* that wouldn’t fit properly on new year’s Eve, the event that spured me to join Chub club, now do. So I’m starting to see positive results over and above the on paper weight loss.

* I admit to being a bit of a clothes tart. I blame it on being a mod in my youth.

grenosteve
    Free Member

January Strava climbing challenge done! 😀

That’s one of my new year goals done, next is sub 100kg and riding to the coast (130km).

Tiger6791

Seem to be holding steady now, despite same reduced cals & exercise

I think I’ve entered …..

..The Plateau Zone!!

weeksy

Great work guys… keep it up !

dantsw13

GrenoSteve – nice work!

gerti
    Free Member

Great fat shedding results chub club!

I’ve had the lurgy for a fortnight which came with a free 12 day headache for no extra charge. Back on the eating wagon this week, hoping to get the exercise back on track in the next couple of days. Looking back at my sickness record in work, it seems I’m always sick in January, so I’ll take it on the chin and take solace from the fact that it’s now February.

Happy eating and moving STW CC 🙂

theotherjonv

Yay! Now into week 5 of my 5:2 regime, and as predicted a page or two back it has become ‘normalised’ – the first couple of weeks were strange but ‘interesting strange’ because you could convince yourself that hunger was doing you good.

The next 2 are hard because you’re still finding times when you are hungry but the novelty’s worn off.

We’re now in the phase where this is the ‘new normal’ so it’s neither strange nor hard, it just ‘is’.

Jamie
    Free Member

Yay! Now into week 5 of my 5:2 regime,

So is this one of the weeks you can eat out of the 5?

dantsw13

With 5:2, you after aren’t hungry either the morning after a fast, when you think you might wake ravenous!

Jamie
    Free Member

In all seriousness, I tried the 5:2 once after the Michael ‘I Like Money’ Mosely doc. It think I took the eat what you want on the off days a little bit too literally, so didn’t really work.

andybrad

ive fallen off. Going well but over the last 2 days ive eaten about 6 mini chocolate rolls.

gutted

IHN

Wifey away tonight, so it’s the traditional excuse for an Indian takeaway and film of my choice.

So, instead of my usual calorie-dense curry, I’m going to go for tandoori chicken instead. Quite looking forward to it to be honest 🙂

theotherjonv

6 mini chocolate rolls. I hope you enjoyed them.

That’s 780 calories. Common number used for calories deficit for a 1lb loss is 3500.

So that’ll make less than a 1/4lb difference to your result as long as you don’t suddenly go ‘ah **** it’ and then have six more tomorrow.

It’s no biggie. Get over it.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s quite sad how I look forward to some chocolate biscuits on a Saturday.

IHN

Is that a euphemism?

core

I was disappointed, though not surprised at such little loss last week, but dropped 3-4lb since, mainly through reduced calorie intake, less bread/carbs and sugar. Not mentally low either, and I seem to be able to function perfectly normally.

Jamie
    Free Member

Is that a euphemism?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC9BBLSZZdQ[/video]

superjohn71
    Free Member

Fell off the wagon yesterday celebrating the end of dry January, but back on it today.

Jamie
    Free Member

Looks like I have gone from 2lb a week drop to 1lb. To be expected.

My shoulder surgery date has come through for the 28th of this month. So that’s going to be tricky, as lots of sitting about coming up it seems 😐

chakaping
    Free Member

Turbo trainer Jamie!

lunge

Bit of a wobble today. Basically I gave blood and then found myself faced with a table of biscuits and crisps. 6 custard creams and a bag of cheese and onion later and I think I’ll be doing without any tea.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Had my first fish and chips of the year tonight. The thought and smell of it was epic, the eating was, well, greasy. 🙁 I’m sure fish and chips used to be amazing!

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,596 total)

The topic ‘STW Chub Club 2017’ is closed to new replies.