• This topic has 1,595 replies, 106 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,596 total)
  • STW Chub Club 2017
  • takisawa2

Ok, time to get serious.
    The knee I twisted badly trampolining with the kids is pretty much pain free again. The last of the Xmas goodies have departed so time to crack on. MFP from tomorrow, & I’ve gone & built one of these Fat bikes for a laugh. Singlespeed too. 😕 So that needs riding.
    Should be fun.

lunge

An Ok but not great weekend.
    Cheat meal Friday night which was fine and in my eyes, encouraged.
    Good run Saturday then just grazed on food all day. Only 1 small bottle of beer though.
    Similar story Sunday, bike ride, turbo smash up but not great on the food front.

Time to work hard for the week and see where it leaves me on Friday.

spekkie
    Free Member

My plan was the “slow & steady” approach, and I’m certainly taking it slowly!

Never mind – if it come off and stays off I’ll be happy.

I’m not exercising much at the moment, so all my loss is due to smaller portions and less biscuits/cakes/sweets.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmm.

Only 1.2lbs loss this week, and been eating really well apart from one blip over the weekend.

Guess that’s the initial water weight drop over with, and now it gets harder 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Friends wedding over the weekend, so a weekend of long car journeys, hotel dinners, booze and breakfasts. I can barely move!

binners

I am here as the bearer of interesting news following Jamie’s reference to Quavers as diet crisps. According to Mrs Binners weight watchers app, other acceptable ones are French fries, and these beauties, massive multipacks of which are presently on offer in Morrisons….

You’re welcome 😀

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Binners what’s your username on mfp? it’ll be interesting to see what the stats on the crisps are

Jamie
    Free Member

Binners what’s your username on mfp? it’ll be interesting to see what the stats on the crisps are

Quavers:

Monster Munch (Onion, Pickled):

French Fries (Salted, Ready):

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Practically health food

Jamie
    Free Member

Better than shitting rice cakes.

Edit: Either meaning 😀

lunge

You can tell things have changed. Tomorrow night the wife is out, 6 months ago this would have been an excuse for a beer and a burger. Now my first thought is that I can do a good long turbo session without being interrupted.

I don’t knows what’s happened to me…

binners

I’m Binlidski on MFP, and I’ve joined the group.

I”a terrible for crisps usually as I don’t eat anything sweet. But in a totally uncharacteristic attack of willpower have only had 2 packs since new year. Of French fries. As a rule that’d normally be lunchtime!

harrytoo
    Free Member

My scales have stopped working, i’m now in a genuine panic that the replacements won’t arrive from John Lewis in time for Fridays weigh in…

Things are definitely headed in the right direction, need a link taken out my watch strap!

Actually having veg with dinner and not missing the booze too much.

core

Static here, disappointingly. The wood burner is just too warm for evening bike rides to materialise, tried turbo, hated it. End up stuck indoors watching crap tv bored and eating crap. Riding lots and eating quite well on weekends, goes to shit in the week with work and bought lunches.

Jamie
    Free Member

On the healthy-ish snacks tip.

11kcal each and a quid for a box of 40. Work well, if habit requires one to shove stuff in one’s cakehole.

Not for our gluten/carb free brothers and sisters, tho.

pondo

Fell off the wagon tonight and really annoyed with myself. 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

The yoga is boring

@gerti ime the secret to that is to work on the breathing aspects (long and slowish, pushing diaphram up/stomach in on the outbreath and slow extra stretch). I find this empties your mind, you think only of your body and it’s all very refreshing.

Jamie
    Free Member

Fell off the wagon tonight and really annoyed with myself

Harness that annoyance. It’s all you can do really.

morphio
    Free Member

Glad that I made it to the 2 month target (-4kg) already and weighed in at 99.9 this morning. As now I’m working in NY this week, surgery next and then probably 2-3 weeks not allowed to ride. So I’m guessing this is where the wheels fall off…

Tiger6791

Cheeky weigh in this morning

Smashing it! Roll on Friday

Body not in ‘starvation mode’ or plateau yet, although it will happen

Jamie
    Free Member

One of the benefits of trying to eat healthy, is eating different foods.

Only 90kcals 8)

IHN

They’d be delicious breaded and deep fried 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Just heated up with pasta and sauce 😐

IHN

I’m sure that will be just as delicious.

I’m lying, obviously.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Usual dinner coming up –

1 wholemeal wrap.
    50g of spicy chicken.
    some lettuice.
    a spoon of light coleslaw.
    a small spoon of mint raita.

304 kcal.

Friday night treats are becoming the main focus point of the week now!

theotherjonv

they are a bit bland but high protein so keep you fuller longer.

A dust with chilli flakes makes them a nice snack (albeit a bit more pricey than a bag of Monster Munch)

With pasta, get the sauce nice and spicy too – nomnomnom. Gives me a lunch idea, in fact……

Jamie
    Free Member

If only technology would hurry up…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO-LFVHpA4s[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

50g of spicy chicken.

A fart of chicken if you will…

FB-ATB

Those squid rings would be an ideal snack wrapped around rice cakes like a tyre round a wheel!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Well that’s 15lb and my three month target done and dusted, no running or cycling involved just fixing my diet.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Good work!

I’ve done my 1 month target already, but will be a bit shy of the 3 month target on Friday.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I’ve done my friday target already but way off my 3 month, but then I kinda have set large goals, but then I am a large guy…

schrickvr6
    Free Member

but then I am a large guy…

I’ve seen the videos….

Jamie
    Free Member

15lb? Holy smokes, congrats. I was feeling please about 1 third of that.

*comfort eats*

blitz

Had a cheeky weigh in this morning and pleased to see the scales showing I was exactly on my 1 month target with a few days to spare. 7lb lost. I have just eaten a star bar though.

dantsw13

15st dead today, so that’s 18lbs down so far! Off out riding tonight, so treated myself to a pack of marmite covered cashews. Nom nom!

binners

18ib.?!! Bloody hell

*leaves group and sulks*

Seriously well done though chaps. Thats really impressive

binners

Jamie – Mrs Binners has just informed me that you can get the chilli marinated squid rings that are absolutely lovely and are in the 3 packs for 7 quid offer at M&S.

In other midlife crisis/might as well spank some cash if it’ll make me move more news, I just took delivery of these beauties this afternoon. Me and the Binnerettes are off skating tomorrow night, and planning another session on Friday. Should help get the timber off. Its pretty knackering, but about 7,5069,000 times more fun than being in a gym, and a couple of hours of exercise fly by. Like being out on the bike but without the freezing fog, axle deep filth, and darkness….

😀

Tiger6791

18lbs!!

Bloody hell – How?

paton
    Free Member

Sadaf Farooqi on what makes us fat
    The Life Scientific

Is it true that some people put on weight more easily than others? And if so why? It’s a question that’s close to many of our hearts. And it’s a question that medical researcher, Professor Sadaf Farooqi is trying to answer. In 1997, Sadaf noticed that two children she was studying lacked the hormone leptin. From there, she went on to discover the first single gene defect that causes obesity. For most us, how much we eat is within our control. But for children with this rare inherited condition and, it turned out, several other rare genetic disorders, the evidence is clear. A voracious appetite is not a lifestyle choice: it’s a biological response to brains signalling starvation. Sadaf tells Jim how she discovered ten rare genetic disorders that cause severe childhood obesity and what this means for the rest of us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08b7vyg

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,596 total)

The topic ‘STW Chub Club 2017’ is closed to new replies.