• This topic has 1,595 replies, 106 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,596 total)
  • STW Chub Club 2017
  • TheFlyingOx

Not an official weigh-in but I’ll probably miss next week due to being on holiday, so this morning I’m 92.5kg = 203.5lb. Just over a stone lost in 3 weeks. Sounds very unhealthy, but I’ve honestly not felt better in a long while. I’m now more like my pre-Festive blowout weight, so I think the weight dropped so far was majority water.

If, by some chance it’s actually down to diet and exercise, I’m eating ~1900 kcal/day and aiming for 1g protein per lb of lean bodyweight, doing Ice Cream Fitness 5×5, and doing a brisk 10 mile cycle on my days off the gym. Drinking water or black coffee, nothing else.

muggomagic

Had a very boozy afternoon/evening last Friday, which included a lot of Chinese food, then continued to eat big dinners most of the week and also have the occasional beer. Somehow though, I’ve still lost 3lbs, I was half expecting to put that much on this week.
    Going to be a lot more sensible with the eating and no booze this week and continue with the same exercise that I’ve been doing the last couple of weeks and hopefully achieve that 1st target.

MoreCashThanDash

Another pound lost, so three pounds in three weeks, bang on target. And I can tell you exactly when I ate the additional calories for another pound as well 😳

atlaz
    Free Member

I was under 81.6kg yesterday. Then did 1000 calories over my normal limit during the traveling and evening meal/meeting for work.

mazz
    Free Member

Only 1lb down on last week – slightly disappointed – but at least it’s in the right direction.

Bit more discipline this coming week (a few, very slight, hiccups this past week).

But am feeling better – less bloated and am continuing my boris bike commute across London each day. Good habits forming.

Good luck to those of you who will be weighing today – even if unofficial day.

pondo

238lbs dead this morning, makes a 10lbs loss since day one – think I’m falling behind schedule to meet my month one target, but still got a couple of weeks to push on, so we’ll see what happens.

Started taking my pulse in the morning too, and that’s come down, which is a nice fringe benefit – typically it was around 68-70 at the start of the year, now it’s around 60. Happy days! 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Just over a stone lost in 3 weeks.

Blimey.

IHN

This week’s unofficial weigh in was okay-ish. 87.6kg from 87.5kg last week, so holding steady despite Monday’s boozey/foody wagon falling offing. Oh, and basically the same on Saturday night too 😳

Bit more discipline this coming week

Amen.

Kieran

Not a great week.

Fish and Chips last weekend, Mother in laws birthday party on Monday night (had to have a couple of pints to get through it) with too much bread. Then nearly 1000 miles of driving this week capped off with feeling really pissed off on the way home last night and couldn’t resist a cake with my coffee 🙁

Three decent gym sessions, a good yomp up the hill and a couple of hours of badminton has seen another 1.5lbs off from weigh in last week taking me to just under a stone loss in three weeks.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m not sure I could describe any week where I ate cake and lost weight as a bad week.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Off the wagon for me this week – long hours at work, no exercise and much alcohol. Ate sooooo much curry yesterday – sinful, but oh so nommy :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back to a mere 1lb under my starting weight, but I think there’s a load to be lost throughout the day…

Back on it today.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Down another 2 – 2.5 lbs this week, so the large initial losses have subsided and are starting to settle to what I have dialed into Myfitnesspal, which is a pound a week loss iirc. Drs on Wednesday, hope to get the all clear to start exercising which should help things along.

Talking off Myfitnesspal, if anyone else in Chub club uses it and wants Fitness friends, my username is the same as on here.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

superjohn, nice idea im on mfp as nicetrigger

digger95
    Free Member

Illegal weigh-in yesterday showed my first loss, but really it was dehydration, however there is cause to celebrate: 42km run this week. Double my average week in 2016. Expecting to see start of steady fatloss next week as high intensity training increases.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Hit my modest 1 month target (2lbs) last week and no change is week. Need to do more (obviously) but deliberately wanted to start slowly. Have done the easy stuff cut out most alcohol (2 glasses of wine in 2 weeks both yesterday with a potato and raclette cheese gratin 😳 ) and cut full fat yogurt with breakfast. Portion control next step.

cozz
    Free Member

I’m down to 248 from 256 at beg of jan, so going the right direction, now its over half a stone It seems it is paying off

jambalaya
    Free Member

Chapeau

Jamie
    Free Member

I seem to be pooping every other day recently.

Think it’s eating more salad/veg, than bread etc.

Still weird, as eating lots of broccoli, cabbage etc.

binners

6lbs off for me overall now. But it’s shifting from the right places. My ‘Stella baby’ has reduced considerably, and I’ve returned to the notch on my belt that I used to be on when I used to smoke.

So looking a little less paunchy is massively encouraging me. I can’t believe how much better I’m feeling from drinking far less, eating better (and less), and just doing more exercise

Not rocket science, I know. But I’m quite enjoying my new found smugness. Is this what healthy people feel like? 😀

Stainypants

Not as good as my first two weeks. Hard to balance eating carbs when exercising vs weight loss. Down a pound or so tnis week, still well on target for my 1 month goal. May well go back to MFP for a few weeks.

Dickyboy

Mrs dickyboy got an ice cream maker for Xmas so the diet is doing very badly but ran just shy of 6miles in 50mins last night so the extra exercise is paying off

lunge

Feeling pretty damn smug today. Yesterday was cheat meal day, had some fried chicken, mac and cheese, chilli fries, oh, it was filth. 4 pints and a lot of gin on top too.
    But, woke this morning feeling fine, rode my bike to Parkrun and smashed out a very respectable PB of 23:22 for 5k. Now feeling pretty damn good about myself and may even hit the turbo later in celebration.
    Steak for dinner tonight too, today’s turning out alright!

binners

As I’ve been good for weeks, me and the kids are in Maccy D’s. I’ve just eaten one of these….

I feel dirty. But In a good way! 😀

I’m guessing it’s about 12 million calories!

binners

I now feel quite unusual. My body doesn’t appear to like the sudden introduction of saturated fat into proceedings! 😥

Jamie
    Free Member

You’re changing from an ugly duckling into a swan, Binners.

binners

Still a pretty chubby and dodgy-looking swan, but In theory I suppose I could break someone’s arm. If I fell on them, for example 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Or if they’d tried to take food off your plate 😉

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I went to the gym

Now don’t get me wrong I’ve been going to the gym twice maybe three times a week, but today is a Saturday and I went to the gym!!!

I actually need to go and buy a new belt too as I’m well beyond the holes in this one

Kinda do feel very smug but the truth will be at the weigh in this week..

Anyway now to rest as I’ve also just spent two hours at Rampworld, dicking about on jump bikes as its a lot easier to fly through the air when you are slightly lighter

superjohn71
    Free Member

Feeling very pleased with myself. Me and the good lady decided to spend the weekend in York as the kiddywinks were away. We arrived, checked in, then proceeded to walk into town then all around the old city wall. Went out for lunch and tea, and ate healthily both times. Not a drop of alcohol passed our lips. Tonight we walked into town again and went on a ghost walk, then walked back to hotel. Again, no drinkypoos. We’ve walked over 10 miles today.

Going away and staying within our fitness goals really does feel like a great achievement. What’s more, all the food we ate was yummy, and I’ve had a great time. Win win.

Oh, and the good lady had said we can go to the railway museum tomorrow to look at big blokey machinery engineeringy stuff. How friggin ace is she?

Jamie
    Free Member

I just ate a pack of hobnobs. First wobble of the year, and feel suitably pissed if at myself that it’ll be the last for a bit.

Grrr.

Quitting fags, booze and caffeine were child’s play compared to my sugar addiction.

pondo

Mrs Pondo and I are away for the weekend – still no beer, and food’s almost on plan, even spent a couple of hours on a tandem and realised I must do the cycling thing again. I have, however, eaten a kilo of chicken and drunk a frankly ridiculous quantity of Pepsi Max.

Dickyboy

Anyone else with a partner who actively doesn’t want you to loose weight? Full on cooked breakfast in bed this morning – I’d feed it to the birds but bedroom window is above kitchen window = busted 😕

On bmi scale I am borderline obese btw

ronjeremy
    Free Member

10am sat here with a bowl of oats and bean porridge made with water and added apple and raw cacao, after a 1000m swim bookended by 15/20 minute ride to the pool, that’s a good way to start a Sunday..

rocco

Had a pretty good week, a couple of minor wobbles but still managed my 3 scheduled runs, including going out at 5am this morning for 10k, was hoping to try and extend to 10 miles or even a half but had to rush home due to “nature calling”.

Weight as of today is 8lbs down with 1lb to go before I hit my end of month target, another good week should see that do-able

The only downside to all of this is I need new clothes now 😀

grenosteve
    Free Member

I’m down to 251 lbs from 261 lbs. Cant complain at that. 🙂

Has been harder this week though, both to stick to the diet and loosing weight – It’s definitely slowing down now.

Just home from a 50km loop in the Peak (843m of climbing) and I’ve rode to work and back every day – just shy of 200km distance and 2,500m of climbing in total this week.

I’m tired! 😥 Feeling better than I have in a while though. 🙂

dantsw13

Down to 211 from 228 this morning. My 800Kcal today included a sausage/poached egg/spinach/mushrooms/tomato for brunch, and a no carb roast chicken for tea.

Went for a fasted ride yesterday morning in sub zero temps – lack of power in the legs due to depleted glycogen stores was noticeable but manageable.

binners

Just back from me and a mate taking our kids skating, as we’ve got a brilliant big new rink opened recently nearby. Myfitnesspal is telling me that thats burnt 1100 calories. I used to bloody love skating, the kids had a brilliant time, and are asking when we’re going again.

So in true STW middle-aged bloke midlife crisis fashion I’m about to spank a couple of hundred quid on a pair of Bauer hockey skates. Reckon it’ll be more likely that I’ll want to take the kids skating on a miserable, dark, wet Wednesday evening than go out on the bike, and though I’ve been persevering with the gym, it bores me rigid!

Anyone else doing something new or different exercise-wise?

dantsw13

Starting running again this year after a few years off.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Does playing on jump bikes count, 2 hours last night and I was a puffing like a good one..

However it might be that the only weight loss from it is where I keep falling off and loosing chunks of skin/flesh

gerti
    Free Member

I’ve started doing yoga and kettlebells twice a week. I am loving the kettlebell thing! The yoga is boring, but it’s good to feel stretchy.

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,596 total)

The topic ‘STW Chub Club 2017’ is closed to new replies.